Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Journey 99 Views

My Journey 18 May 2023 19:38 #395881

• bt2001
  • Current streak: 111 days
  • Fresh Boarder
After just over 100 days, and then another 90 days, since Passover I've kept on falling again and again. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, except that I really don't have a passion for this goal anymore. Before I fell being so far was an ego thing I think and now I don't know what should necessarily be driving me.

TW: I go into great detail over my struggles, including desires and my unsavory actions.
But I figured that it may help to start posting daily about my struggles and what sorts of things have led me where I am. Contained within the spoiler is my explanation of my struggles. Enter at your own risk.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: My Journey 18 May 2023 20:53 #395885

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BT2001 wrote on 18 May 2023 19:38:
After just over 100 days, and then another 90 days, since Passover I've kept on falling again and again. I don't really know what I am doing wrong, except that I really don't have a passion for this goal anymore. Before I fell being so far was an ego thing I think and now I don't know what should necessarily be driving me.

Welcome. Before any success you must identify why you want to stop, or if you want to stop. We all know that just the fact that it's wrong ain't gonna cut it. You need to gain a clarity and see if that's really what you want. Just posting won't help you in any way. (Aside from placating some guilt.)

Additionally, it makes no difference how far down the "aveirah" path you are - as you call it, or if you are FFB or not, it's the same programs, understanding and discipline that will need to be put into play. Yes, it may be harder, but still the same.

So, please take a good look in the mirror and decide where you really want to be - and if that's here - we look forward to hearing from you!

Re: My Journey 19 May 2023 03:44 #395911

• bt2001
  • Current streak: 111 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have any real reason right now I want to stop to be honest other than knowing it is G-d's will not to do so, but that's going to have to cut it for now. Na'aseh v'nishma. (I also have no good reason for continuing.)

The closest approximation I could get to a more tangible reason - other than G-d's will - is effects P&M will have on my shidduchim and future marriage. Right now, it's hard to really and fully actualize these feelings though because I feel like I am so far away from starting going on shidduchim. Like I know that as long as I continue with P&M, my view of relationships will be warped, but in my mind that's a problem to think about later, when I'm actually working at finding my shidduch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes