Welcome, Guest

Why is it so hard?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Why is it so hard? 5000 Views

Re: Why is it so hard? 14 Feb 2023 22:57 #392093

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry Geshmak,

By the 3 column from left at current streak

You can choose between displaying or not your current streak on the forum.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Why is it so hard? 15 Feb 2023 03:30 #392104

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I went to my page on the 90 day chart and pressed the button ti display my streak… but I see nothing happened. Oh well! Don’t worry I’ll keep you posted… bhy with only higher and higher number of clean holy geshmakah days!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 15 Feb 2023 11:19 #392116

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
I think something is wrong as my streak isn't displayed either
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Why is it so hard? 19 Feb 2023 04:54 #392279

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice win tonight BH!! Update my iPhone and after it updated I realized that two app that I deleted ( for some reason  ) is back on the phone. Bh I just deleted them with out even opening them for a sec. Cause I know myself… if I would’ve opened it for a second it wouldn’t be a second and not a minute either. So thank H’ for that!! 
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 19 Feb 2023 04:58 #392281

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m trying not to pump myself up to much by this win cause my past experience taught me that when I have to much confidence and I feel to calm like if I think to myself look I could have control then I fall right afterwards. So I’m just thanking H’ for the power he gave me this time to control myself. And I still know that I’m powerless over my lust and I still need his help and I need to continue being extra careful with myself….
Every body should be gebantcht with a week full of success!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2023 13:34 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 23 Feb 2023 18:27 #392566

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
BIG DAY FOR ME BH!!
last time I called a chat line was February 14 and now I’m on
DAY 100!!!!
H’ should help further and further…. Forever!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 26 Feb 2023 04:29 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 23 Feb 2023 20:13 #392570

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Im in middle of learning a sefer called מבשר טוב- עקבותא דמשיחא. Its amazing and you should look at it. 
He brings out the tremendous power and worth of what it means to be a yid today with all these difficulties.
Especially when people like all of us, who tasted and drank these addictive waters for too long and still crave it, and the world around us is just a cesspool of filth and garbage and yet we resist!!! There are no words in any language that can describe what happens when we fight and dont give in even without feeling or seeing any reward whatsoever... If we could only see, we would be blinded immediately by the light, Im %1000 sure of it. 
Anyway, Keep it up. You are a geshmak to be around, we all love you. I know i do!

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 04:31 #392664

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Gut vuch!
got a question: WHY IS IT SO HARD?!?! I’m going crazy with very strong urges last night couldn’t sleep and now my tavah is burning… hope things calm down cause I just don’t got to much kiach to fight. 
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 04:55 #392666

• 5Uu80*cdwB#^
  • Current streak: 1054 days
  • Gold Boarder
Keep up the great work. The reason it's so hard is because lusting and everything that goes with it is an addiction. Stopping all of it is similar to to trying to break free from a heroin addiction. Our brains have been hijacked by the addiction and re-wiring it requires suffering withdrawal pains. But the PAIN is WORTH IT!!!!!!!!! Cheering for you!!!
If you are wondering why you can't stop masturbating even though you're guarding your eyes, it's because you're fantasizing.

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 07:08 #392674

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi, my holy friend! I think that part of what makes it so hard is because the desire and urge are really part of your natural make-up, except we, by exposure and bad habits, fried the wiring to want who-knows-what. To rewire our brains to look only for what is truly the expression of our desires takes  a lot of hard work and time. My friend, we are here for you, we are inspired by you, and many a visitor to GYE has gotten much chizuk and encouragement from you, and all that is your zchus! Or as you would say, your zchis! Keep at it, my friend, you're doing great, recognize the growing pains. Let us know how you are doing!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 11:21 #392686

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
With the years I have learned that the real test is when you loose the mood and the high of being sober.
Just look for ways to keep yourself busy active and happy.
Remember that every day clean counts, and if we ever fall then we are not dead, rather we get up to fight again.

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 22:26 #392707

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for the chizuk!! 
Bh I’m still clean and pulled through.
and now-
ummm I don’t know how to say this…
I have to take a break from gye ( hopefully a short one). Love this place and love the people on it!
wishing you all much hatzlachah and bruchah!!
bye! Gonna miss ya!
with love,geshmak! 
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 26 Feb 2023 22:39 #392708

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
What happened ??

Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes