Welcome, Guest

Why is it so hard?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Why is it so hard? 4998 Views

Re: Why is it so hard? 02 Feb 2023 09:49 #391498

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 02 Feb 2023 02:55:

Shmuel wrote on 01 Feb 2023 15:39:

Geshmak! wrote on 01 Feb 2023 14:46:
Let me try to be a little more clear.
basically I have done crazy dangerous silly foolish stuff because of my sex drive. Which means that I’m a addict( I can’t go into details but things that could’ve destroyed my life and the life of my family) but I bh never hooked up with anybody (even though I was close) and at sa a lot or maybe most have been with others and by me being there and hearing how others did it and how they felt before ( I won’t even hear the second half how they felt after) I will get very triggered and probably will cv fall into the worst. But in a way if I’m addict I need to know how to control myself and how to live life as an addict. Like if I’m gonna be in a situation when I have access to bad stuff or worse will I be able to control myself??? So what a גוי would do is go fall 20 times do the worst of the worst and hit the rock bottom and then see for himself that he can’t live with out sa 12 step. But I’m bh a yid and I can’t do that. So I was really stuck and I couldn’t decided what to do so I spoke to people with a lot of experience and I am in touch with them. But yes I wish to join sa and get helped it for now it won’t help me it probably will make me worse r’l… but I’m not giving up on a clean life! Yes addicted or not I’m a Jew and my father in haven which made become a addict gave a Torah with rules and this apply even for addicts. And he will give me the kiach j need to fight my addiction ( cause I CANT do it myself) H’ which split the ים סוף will split my problems and let me free of my מצרים.  Bhy!!
but I have to do mine to be careful and watch that I don’t fall again so I was mekabul on myself for the next 40 days to say אלקי נשמה and in the week days the יהי רצון from before putting on my תפלין in side my סדור and think the words and have in mind what I’m saying. 
Thank you everyone for just being here to listen to me. This platform is not stam just that a person can type hes problems and get it off hes chest is enough ( besides all the chizuk and ideas that come out of this Heligah site!!!) Kol tov!!

My experience in SA has been VERY different then what you describe.Happy to chat if you'd like.

Wishing you tons of Hatzlacha 

אמן!!!
What do you mean by chat, Pm?

Sure.
or publicly.
happy to answer any questions 
Last Edit: 02 Feb 2023 09:50 by shmuel.

Re: Why is it so hard? 05 Feb 2023 01:13 #391573

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
A gut vuch! 
I wish there would be a special forum for people that are sex addicts. Like I need to hear from others that are going through what I am not just having a bad habit etc but guys that can’t live with out sex lusting away. I guess the reason is cause all of the sex addicts here go to sa and get chizuk there. Whatever.
but I’m just wondering if someone can give me chizuk on what to do when thoughts of just giving up thoughts of just running away from wife kids community and just do what I want… like I have such thoughts way to often and I’m sure other addicts have them too. Any chizuk or ideas to fight these horrible thoughts off my mind will be greatly appreciated!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 17:49 #391822

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Update I’m on day 10 for not being mzl. I’m going through tough time now but I’ll survive bhy! 
I gotta remember that I can’t drink in even a drop of lust just like someone addict to alcohol gets drunk from a sip I get drunk from one look yes I’m going crazy now cause I saw nice women walking In front of me for a minute to long I should’ve of crossed the street but I thought like big deal she’s fully dressed what gonna happen if I look and enjoy a little. But now I’m fighting a tough fight. Oish! H’ help me!
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2023 17:51 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 18:20 #391825

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
It’s really sad how I get turned on ( triggered by anything) like my wife asked me to watch a cute baking video with her. I asked her if it’s kosher. She said sure. Ok. So I watch and all I saw was the woman’s hand ( nothing else not body face, my wife wouldn’t even know it was a lady) and that’s all I was watching and thinking about ( how she really looked and what she was wearing ( like maybe she’s naked) ) and of course answering my wife that I thought it’s soooo cute… but all was really thinking abt was sex. CRAZY ME! SICK ME!
the real word I want to use starts with a F but I try not the say or type that word so…
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2023 18:29 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 19:41 #391831

• ybird
  • Current streak: 304 days
  • Gold Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 09 Feb 2023 18:20:
It’s really sad how I get turned on ( triggered by anything) like my wife asked me to watch a cute baking video with her. I asked her if it’s kosher. She said sure. Ok. So I watch and all I saw was the woman’s hand ( nothing else not body face, my wife wouldn’t even know it was a lady) and that’s all I was watching and thinking about ( how she really looked and what she was wearing ( like maybe she’s naked) ) and of course answering my wife that I thought it’s soooo cute… but all was really thinking abt was sex. CRAZY ME! SICK ME!
the real word I want to use starts with a F but I try not the say or type that word so…

reminds me of the joke, 
what word starts with a F and ends with a CK and has a U in the middle?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
*** READ THIS***
You may see a low number of clean days, but don't forget to add 700 days to it, YES! you're reading it well, Seven Hundred plus  amount of days
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2023 19:50 by ybird.

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 19:56 #391833

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU made me laugh  
Thank you!!
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 20:26 #391836

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! 
I really feel your pain, I used to be exactly like you. What you are doing is called white knuckling. It means you are trying to force every bit of lust out of your mind. Let me help you there. IT.WILL.NOT.WORK!!! 
the more you fight it, the more power you give it, and your brain will keep on coming up with ways to arouse you because it sees that you really want it...... its like queezing a tight baloon filled with flammable material over a burning fire, the more you squeeze it, the more holes it will get and just increase the fire! 
What you can do based on my experiance is to take a time out and take a few minutes to make a few things clear. 
1. You enjoy the feeling of desire and lust- its a fact that you cannot and will not change. 
2. You are normal and not sick, this has been the human condition forever! 
3. You do not want to use that desire in a bad way, obviously or you wouldnt be here on GYE..... so you know what you dont want.
4. You can understand where the feeling of desire comes from and you are ok with the fact that its there, since you cant fight it anyway, just make place for it. so you are not in a fight with the actual desire anymore, that would be like fighting with your left hand because you want 2 right hands..... its there, just accpet that fact. 
5. Now you can decide what to do when you see something that arouses you. You can think, i know i have desire and i understand it and i cant fight it, however, i dont want the desire to carry me away and then i will do something stupid that i will regret, and therefore, i am moving on from the desire and not continuing to pour oil on it. 

This has been tremendously helpful for me, if you follow this for a few days/weeks, you will see a big difference, for example, that thing with the cute video, you couldve acted like this " my mind is telling me to get aroused by that image, i understand why im getting aroused becuase my brain is desperate for some stimulation and i appreciate my brain for working so hard to make me feel good, but I am a erliche yid and a good person and husband who doesnt want to take pleasure in that way and therefore i am moving on to something else, without guilt or blame and disgust. 

I hope you understood what i was trying to say.

Hope this helps. 

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 20:37 #391837

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

It's true that some people are triggered more easily than others, but it does not mean that they are crazy. There is a reason that chazal teach us (Gemara in Berakhot (24a) R. Yitzchak said: A tefach of a woman is considered *ervah. Anyone who gazes [even] at a woman’s little finger is considered as if he was gazing at her private parts. 
And like you say "I gotta remember that I can’t drink in even a drop of lust" ... 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Why is it so hard? 09 Feb 2023 20:44 #391838

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 09 Feb 2023 20:26:
Geshmak! 
I really feel your pain, I used to be exactly like you. What you are doing is called white knuckling. It means you are trying to force every bit of lust out of your mind. Let me help you there. IT.WILL.NOT.WORK!!! 
the more you fight it, the more power you give it, and your brain will keep on coming up with ways to arouse you because it sees that you really want it...... its like queezing a tight baloon filled with flammable material over a burning fire, the more you squeeze it, the more holes it will get and just increase the fire! 
What you can do based on my experiance is to take a time out and take a few minutes to make a few things clear. 
1. You enjoy the feeling of desire and lust- its a fact that you cannot and will not change. 
3. You do not want to use that desire in a bad way, obviously or you wouldnt be here on GYE..... so you know what you dont want.
4. You can understand where the feeling of desire comes from and you are ok with the fact that its there, since you cant fight it anyway, just make place for it. so you are not in a fight with the actual desire anymore, that would be like fighting with your left hand because you want 2 right hands..... its there, just accpet that fact. 
5. Now you can decide what to do when you see something that arouses you. You can think, i know i have desire and i understand it and i cant fight it, however, i dont want the desire to carry me away and then i will do something stupid that i will regret, and therefore, i am moving on from the desire and not continuing to pour oil on it. 

This has been tremendously helpful for me, if you follow this for a few days/weeks, you will see a big difference, for example, that thing with the cute video, you couldve acted like this " my mind is telling me to get aroused by that image, i understand why im getting aroused becuase my brain is desperate for some stimulation and i appreciate my brain for working so hard to make me feel good, but I am a erliche yid and a good person and husband who doesnt want to take pleasure in that way and therefore i am moving on to something else, without guilt or blame and disgust. 

Hope this helps. 

I think our friend @chancy should give classes in this. So clear and well put! Thank you! and @geshmak, you have so many caring brothers here, they want to hear from you! listen to their advice, and connect to friends that care. Keep it up my friend! And let us know how you are doing
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Why is it so hard? 10 Feb 2023 01:11 #391842

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 09 Feb 2023 20:26:
Geshmak! 

Hope this helps. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! So so clear! 
I’m gonna try to do what you wrote למעשה בה׳י!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 10 Feb 2023 01:18 #391843

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 09 Feb 2023 20:37:

It's true that some people are triggered more easily than others, but it does not mean that they are crazy. There is a reason that chazal teach us (Gemara in Berakhot (24a) R. Yitzchak said: A tefach of a woman is considered *ervah. Anyone who gazes [even] at a woman’s little finger is considered as if he was gazing at her private parts. 
And like you say "I gotta remember that I can’t drink in even a drop of lust" ... 

You should know I really appreciate what you wrote. Thx!
btw it’s really comforting to see how makpid the Torah is with kidushah( like not to walk behind women or even star at pinky or the whole איסר יחוד… ) like all these rules show that H’ made hes Torah for as if all yidden are addicts. Like chzal were actually scared that people are gonna do זנות if not for all these rules. So I see I’m not alone or crazy. Like 2000 years ago they made rules for people just like me.
גוט שבת!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 14 Feb 2023 03:43 #392048

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Big day for me! Just posted my 400th posted !! 
I’m on day 15! I feel pretty confident that I’ll make to 30 bhy.
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 14 Feb 2023 11:36 #392061

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
May you post 1,000,000 with the same GISHMAAAAK

​Do you want to share why don't you show your current strike for the oilem ?
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Why is it so hard? 14 Feb 2023 14:45 #392063

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
doingtshuva wrote on 14 Feb 2023 11:36:
May you post 1,000,000 with the same GISHMAAAAK

​Do you want to share why don't you show your current strike for the oilem ?

א  אמן!!

I don’t know how to… simple as that. Can you please teach me? I personally think that’s way more important and impressive than karma…
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2023 14:47 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 14 Feb 2023 17:20 #392069

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Go to the 90 day chart
by the columns of level you can change from public to private   

Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes