Welcome, Guest

Stress and frustrations
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Stress and frustrations 2667 Views

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 03:19 #384852

supremeone wrote on 17 Aug 2022 21:24:
Oh and also, I have a filter called qustodio. Works well. 

Agreed. Works very well, easy to setup, and has a monitoring option so that someone else can see what's going on every time you try to access something you shouldn't. Recommended.
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 05:40 #384856

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
Hey kavey, thanks! I'll check it out.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 06:13 #384857

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
does it work for mac

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 13:58 #384859

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
supremeone wrote on 18 Aug 2022 05:40:
Hey kavey, thanks! I'll check it out.

No pressure

Also, if you're interested there's a fascinating Rav Pincus in his sefer Tiferes Torah by parshas Vayakhel. He explains that Chazal speak about two yetzer hara's and how in our generation we only have the one which is our physical desires, meaning it's us. Really like you were saying.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:12 #384865

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
Eyes, I think it does

Kavey, so what your saying is I was Mechaven to Rav Pincus? Nice. 

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:21 #384866

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Yes

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:26 #384867

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
supremeone wrote on 17 Aug 2022 21:22:
I am not taking this too seriously because I took it too seriously for 10 years and it hasn't helped. So I will crack jokes and focus on why I am awesome and actually on my way to being an eved hashem. 

Reminds me of this. “When I’m sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead! True story…” -HIMYM
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022 15:27 by lchaim tovim.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:30 #384868

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
Reminds me of this. “When I’m sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead! True story…” -HIMYM

Haha, yea exactly! We are gonna be legend .... wait for it ...... dary!

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:32 #384869

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
Also just for a laugh:

“A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist’s office says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”

The moth says “What’s the problem? Where do I begin, man? I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I don’t even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don’t know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there… at night I…I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that’s on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don’t know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the…in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch… I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I… that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only I wasn’t such a coward, then perhaps…perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all…Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I’m a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I’m not feeling good. And so the doctor says, “Moth, man, you’re troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?”

And the moth says, “‘Cause the light was on.”

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:44 #384870

supremeone wrote on 18 Aug 2022 15:32:
Also just for a laugh:

“A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist’s office says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”

The moth says “What’s the problem? Where do I begin, man? I go to work for Gregory Illinivich, and all day long I work. Honestly doc, I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. I don’t even know if Gregory Illinivich knows. He only knows that he has power over me, and that seems to bring him happiness. But I don’t know, I wake up in a malaise, and I walk here and there… at night I…I sometimes wake up and I turn to some old lady in my bed that’s on my arm. A lady that I once loved, doc. I don’t know where to turn to. My youngest, Alexendria, she fell in the…in the cold of last year. The cold took her down, as it did many of us. And my other boy, and this is the hardest pill to swallow, doc. My other boy, Gregarro Ivinalititavitch… I no longer love him. As much as it pains me to say, when I look in his eyes, all I see is the same cowardice that I… that I catch when I take a glimpse of my own face in the mirror. If only I wasn’t such a coward, then perhaps…perhaps I could bring myself to reach over to that cocked and loaded gun that lays on the bedside behind me and end this hellish facade once and for all…Doc, sometimes I feel like a spider, even though I’m a moth, just barely hanging on to my web with an everlasting fire underneath me. I’m not feeling good. And so the doctor says, “Moth, man, you’re troubled. But you should be seeing a psychiatrist. Why on earth did you come here?”

And the moth says, “‘Cause the light was on.”

Ha!
Some good, Kosher McDonald's
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:56 #384872

• retrych
  • Current streak: 201 days
  • Expert Boarder
I was using qustodio, sort of still am, but I find it very erratic with what it does and doesnt block, and to a lesser extent what it reports. it's positive becuase I'm afraid to go to any site I might have to explain, but it also wont necessarily block everything. Thouhg I haven't tested it out, thanks to the reporting

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 15:59 #384873

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
I am going to post a song I have been listening to which I have found is really soothing.

It does have kol isha so I will only post the music not the video and it is in Danish so the words might sound like gibberish.

Ok cannot post the link, its called anoana by heilung.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022 16:01 by supremeone.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 16:00 #384874

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
retrych wrote on 18 Aug 2022 15:56:
I was using qustodio, sort of still am, but I find it very erratic with what it does and doesnt block, and to a lesser extent what it reports. it's positive becuase I'm afraid to go to any site I might have to explain, but it also wont necessarily block everything. Thouhg I haven't tested it out, thanks to the reporting

Yea it is not perfect. but none are tbh.

You just need the one which works for you,

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 17:33 #384878

Just curious, are you guys using the free version of qustodio or the paid one? I don't know if it the paid one would be better in terms of the software behaving erratic or not, but I'd like to look into it because I might add it to my signature. Also are you guys using webchaver on top of it, and is it through the free method without the filtering or with webchaver filtering?
FOR FREE FILTERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY SOLUTIONS CLICK HERE
(Includes WebChaver/CovenantEyes, Microsoft Family Safety, and Apple
Screentime
and a how-to guide to set them up without loopholes)  

Even if you already have a filter, these are necessary additions because
they fix many loopholes that exist with paid filters (speaking from firsthand
experience) and because they add priceless accountability features.

If you have trouble filtering a shared device, then see the post for how
to get these filters discreetly, without any other users' knowledge whatsoever
and without the filters affecting the other users of the device at all.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022 17:36 by To Yosef Hatzaddik.

Re: Stress and frustrations 18 Aug 2022 18:36 #384879

• supremeone
  • Expert Boarder
Im using the paid version and a friend is monitoring.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes