Welcome, Guest

Connecting the days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Connecting the days 17120 Views

Re: Connecting the days 18 Jul 2022 14:32 #383505

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
Oh boy!!! Big show down, pass the popcorn...

I don't think it's going to work. I may be wrong but I believe that whoever has the same count as you (89 days) but updated that day will be displayed ahead of you... That being said, 
Connected, you write very well.  Looking forward to hearing more from you from the other side of the wall of honor.

Re: Connecting the days 18 Jul 2022 15:31 #383507

• no mask
  • Current streak: 605 days
  • Gold Boarder
connected wrote on 18 Jul 2022 14:16:
82 days
The furthest I've ever made it (I look forward to writing this line every day now...)

I used to open the 90-day chart, and I'd catch a glimpse of the names of great warriors up on top before it zoomed down to my position (usually around three days). After close to three months of what's probably the hardest - and the most rewarding - work I've done, I've made it near the top. Talk about an ego booster.

Now, here's my dilemma, in about eight days, when (not if) I'll click that "I don't have a fall to report" button, I'll be kicked off that prestigious position. Of course, one could argue that I'll be on The Wall Of Honor, which is superior, but I can't help but feel uneasy about the transition.

From a Torah-true perspective, I shouldn't feel this way. Chazal tell us הוי זנב לאריות, ואל תהי ראש לשועלים. But still, it's sorta like after being the oldest in Elementary; we're suddenly demoted to the youngest in High School. Even though HS is for the big boys, you're the youngest all over again. (And the truth is, the members of the 90-day chart are in no way sly Foxes; they're Lions!)

Most people just submit to it. Such is life, and there's nothing we can do to stop the passage of time.
One wise man stood up, and Markz was (still is) his name, and said, "I have an idea! I'll stop updating my counter when I'm up there. The pinnacle will be mine indefinitely!"

And so, Markz set his plan in motion. It's an easy and effective plan. In fact, it's so easy; all you need to do is nothing.
But he made one fatal mistake. He stopped updating at 87 days. That means that two people can outsmart him in his own game.

Markz, I'm coming for you!

Stay Connected

Let me tell you, there are the names on the dash board that have the most clean days, and they are there forever, you just came later.

But let me ask you, is there a contest who came earlier, if there is a contest, the game did you stay clean, did you guard your eyes, so if you are consistent, you are the same, and possible even better, if you are guarding your eyes etc.

But the real truth is, there is no contest whatsoever, you gotta look at yourself, how was I before and what’s my progress, what difference does it make how other are doing.

And I find even more, that for this struggle, you could only think about yourself, no outside motivation.

All the best

Re: Connecting the days 18 Jul 2022 18:20 #383518

No Mask wrote on 18 Jul 2022 15:31:

Let me tell you, there are the names on the dash board that have the most clean days, and they are there forever, you just came later.

But let me ask you, is there a contest who came earlier, if there is a contest, the game did you stay clean, did you guard your eyes, so if you are consistent, you are the same, and possible even better, if you are guarding your eyes etc.

But the real truth is, there is no contest whatsoever, you gotta look at yourself, how was I before and what’s my progress, what difference does it make how other are doing.

And I find even more, that for this struggle, you could only think about yourself, no outside motivation.

All the best

(I should probably tag the posts I write as a creative outlet.)

You're 100% right.
In Real terms, "ninety days" is nothing more than a simple marker, a sign telling you that you're going in the right direction.
Others' successes can only serve as inspiration that the notion is possible. But all change has got to come from the person wishing to change.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: Connecting the days 20 Jul 2022 16:46 #383608

84 days
The furthest I've ever made it (I look forward to writing this line every day now...)

So, in honor of the last week, before reaching 90 days, my Personal Trainer decided to up the ante in my training regimen. He woke up in me the little monster that wants to masturbate. The monster, in turn, is trying to convince me that it's really I who's craving the selfish sexual gratification.

Hey, monster, I know who you are.
I am not going to be fooled by your sweet-talking.
It's not me; it's you (for a change).

To the rest of y'all, Stay Connected

Re: Connecting the days 20 Jul 2022 17:17 #383610

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
That monster is giving it's all cuz it sees how close you are to 90 days. It's great that you recognize that.  Stay strong, you're about to earn another tuna sandwich
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Connecting the days 20 Jul 2022 19:34 #383615

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 20 Jul 2022 17:17:
That monster is giving it's all cuz it sees how close you are to 90 days. It's great that you recognize that.  Stay strong, you're about to earn another tuna sandwich

Nah, this time, it'll be legendary. You're invited over to make a Lchaim (Tovim)!

Re: Connecting the days 20 Jul 2022 19:41 #383616

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
connected wrote on 20 Jul 2022 19:34:

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 20 Jul 2022 17:17:

Nah, this time, it'll be legendary. You're invited over to make a Lchaim (Tovim)!

We'll look at it and admire it's rich color. I'll drink my glass and then... 

Re: Connecting the days 22 Jul 2022 14:44 #383721

86 days

I've been having a rough couple of days lately (all in preparation for the big ninety...), and today I got a gift from the Almighty. Well, we get many gifts constantly, but this one was obvious. I recently started relistening to the audio series from Rav Noach Weinberg ZT"L, "The 48 Ways To Wisdom", and today I was up to "#17 Harnessing The Power of Sex." Whatever I'll say will only serve to diminish it, so I'll just attach a link to the class.

https://www.simpletoremember.com/media/a/345-17-wn790i-48-ways-17/

If you don't have the patience to listen to all forty minutes of it, the last thirteen minutes hit the spot I needed. (In truth, I'd advise everyone to listen to all classes in the series.)

Stay Connected

Re: Connecting the days 22 Jul 2022 14:51 #383722

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Thanx!! I love Rav Noach. Torah Anytime is missing that shiur.

Re: Connecting the days 22 Jul 2022 20:21 #383746

A thought Lekavod Shabbos Kodesh.

(This is the way I understand it.) One of the biggest obstacles standing between a person and greatness is being afraid of changing. We're comfortable with our deficiencies and we're afraid of being bigger than we currently are.

This is how I understand עזיבת החטא. Letting go of the mistaken way.

We hold onto it for dear life because that's what we know, and we feel safe with it. It's our identity. We have to learn to let go.

Addiction means a human being held captive by "something".
A חטא means a human being holding on to "something" and not letting go.

As long as we hold on to it, we can't move forward.

Let go, and grow.

Shabbat Shalom

Stay connected

Last Edit: 26 Jul 2022 16:33 by DeletedUser1281. Reason: Line breaks

Re: Connecting the days 25 Jul 2022 15:36 #383817

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
connected wrote on 18 Jul 2022 14:16:
82 days

I used to open the 90-day chart, and I'd catch a glimpse of the names of great warriors up on top before it zoomed down to my position (usually around three days). After close to three months of what's probably the hardest - and the most rewarding - work I've done, I've made it near the top. Talk about an ego booster.

Now, here's my dilemma, in about eight days, when (not if) I'll click that "I don't have a fall to report" button, I'll be kicked off that prestigious position. Of course, one could argue that I'll be on The Wall Of Honor, which is superior, but I can't help but feel uneasy about the transition.

From a Torah-true perspective, I shouldn't feel this way. Chazal tell us הוי זנב לאריות, ואל תהי ראש לשועלים. But still, it's sorta like after being the oldest in Elementary; we're suddenly demoted to the youngest in High School. Even though HS is for the big boys, you're the youngest all over again. (And the truth is, the members of the 90-day chart are in no way sly Foxes; they're Lions!)

Most people just submit to it. Such is life, and there's nothing we can do to stop the passage of time.
One wise man stood up, and Markz was (still is) his name, and said, "I have an idea! I'll stop updating my counter when I'm up there. The pinnacle will be mine indefinitely!"

And so, Markz set his plan in motion. It's an easy and effective plan. In fact, it's so easy; all you need to do is nothing.
But he made one fatal mistake. He stopped updating at 87 days. That means that two people can outsmart him in his own game.

Markz, I'm coming for you!

Stay Connected

You did it! You currently own 1st place!

Re: Connecting the days 25 Jul 2022 15:47 #383818

Lchaim Tovim wrote on 25 Jul 2022 15:36:

You did it! You currently own 1st place!

Yay!!!

Now I have to decide whether to execute my diabolical plan or just attempt to act like a grown-up.

I have but a few hours to decide.

Re: Connecting the days 25 Jul 2022 19:54 #383845

89 days

Here's a line that came to me from a past life as I'm standing just a wee few hours away from 90 days.

You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place... sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it.

Yeah, neither do I.
Baruch Hashem for that.

Stay Connected

Re: Connecting the days 25 Jul 2022 20:03 #383848

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
connected wrote on 25 Jul 2022 19:54:
89 days

Here's a line that came to me from a past life as I'm standing just a wee few hours away from 90 days.

You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place... sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it.

Yeah, neither do I.
Baruch Hashem for that.

Stay Connected

LOL I totally do...

Re: Connecting the days 25 Jul 2022 23:02 #383864

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
connected wrote on 25 Jul 2022 19:54:
89 days

Yeah, neither do I.
Baruch Hashem for that.

Stay Connected

Your doing great and keep it up.
Just have in mind and prepare yourself a new goal.
​Reaching 90 alone doesn't solve your addiction.
Once we reach 90 the anderline starts to fade.

​Good luck and don't forget to celebrate. you deserve it!!
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes