Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 day log! 7447 Views

Re: 90 day log! 07 Feb 2022 07:45 #376948

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up we are all looking up to you!
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: 90 day log! 07 Feb 2022 20:57 #376981

day 63

this is actually possible guys. really, it is. 
it will probably take a long while of thinking you aren’t making progress- but as long as you’re fighting- you are. just keep at it. you will succeed.

Re: 90 day log! 08 Feb 2022 19:32 #377075

day 64

my sleep schedule has been off recently, leaving me feeling down.
i slipped. 
moving on.

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 12:10 #377099

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Someone just sent this to me today from Rav Avigdor Miller. 

Rav Avigdor Miller on Depression and Sleep

Q: What should somebody do when he is annoyed by depression and sadness and doesn't know what the reason is?

A:

I want to tell you one thing I do know from experience. Many times boys in the yeshiva cause an upset in their nervous system because of a lack of sleep. In the dormitories you can't go to sleep early. Even if he gets into bed, somebody comes in at 1 o’clock and doesn't let him sleep.

I once told a man about this problem and he went and took his boy out and put him in a separate room. He was a wealthy man and he paid money to the dormitory for a separate room, so his son should be able to sleep. It’s very important to sleep. I myself know two cases of boys who didn't go to sleep on time and they went insane, nit eingedacht. Yes, it happened. They ruined their lives.

Also, married women who have babies, they must take care of their sleep. Without sleeping sufficiently your nervous system is upset.

Now, once a person gets into a depression it's not so easy to get out of it. And therefore an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So try with all your efforts not to upset your system and get your sleep every night.

Now some people say, “Well, I'm a porush. I want to be a masmid.” We’ll, I’ll tell you what the Chofetz Chaim said. Once the Chofetz Chaim came into the yeshiva in Radin at night, and he saw boys learning late so he said to them “Gei shlufen. Morgen is oich a tug.” He told the boys to go to sleep. “You can learn tomorrow,” he said.

And that's the sensible way. That’s saving the lives of people by advising them, “Learn by day and sleep at night.”

Now, sometimes there are other factors, but one of the most general factors that I know from my experience, is this one of not sleeping sufficiently.

Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 12:15 #377100

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
TheYoungerTwin wrote on 07 Feb 2022 20:57:
day 63

it will probably take a long while of thinking you aren’t making progress- but as long as you’re fighting- you are. just keep at it. you will succeed.

Thanks, We Are Succeeding! What i find interesting is, im always looking forward to the next success... 40 days 50.... 90... 150... But i have to remind myself "OMG ive done 38 days that is unimaginably awesome! So for you as well, just think about it... you went from an every day struggle....to.... 64 days clean! what a monstrous accomplishment! Just wow!
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2022 12:17 by human being.

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 16:23 #377122

Hashem Help Me wrote on 09 Feb 2022 12:10:
Wow. Someone just sent this to me today from Rav Avigdor Miller. 

Rav Avigdor Miller on Depression and Sleep

Q: What should somebody do when he is annoyed by depression and sadness and doesn't know what the reason is?

A:

I want to tell you one thing I do know from experience. Many times boys in the yeshiva cause an upset in their nervous system because of a lack of sleep. In the dormitories you can't go to sleep early. Even if he gets into bed, somebody comes in at 1 o’clock and doesn't let him sleep.

I once told a man about this problem and he went and took his boy out and put him in a separate room. He was a wealthy man and he paid money to the dormitory for a separate room, so his son should be able to sleep. It’s very important to sleep. I myself know two cases of boys who didn't go to sleep on time and they went insane, nit eingedacht. Yes, it happened. They ruined their lives.

Also, married women who have babies, they must take care of their sleep. Without sleeping sufficiently your nervous system is upset.

Now, once a person gets into a depression it's not so easy to get out of it. And therefore an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So try with all your efforts not to upset your system and get your sleep every night.

Now some people say, “Well, I'm a porush. I want to be a masmid.” We’ll, I’ll tell you what the Chofetz Chaim said. Once the Chofetz Chaim came into the yeshiva in Radin at night, and he saw boys learning late so he said to them “Gei shlufen. Morgen is oich a tug.” He told the boys to go to sleep. “You can learn tomorrow,” he said.

And that's the sensible way. That’s saving the lives of people by advising them, “Learn by day and sleep at night.”

Now, sometimes there are other factors, but one of the most general factors that I know from my experience, is this one of not sleeping sufficiently.

Yup. im painfully aware of this connection.

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 16:30 #377123

Human being wrote on 09 Feb 2022 12:15:

TheYoungerTwin wrote on 07 Feb 2022 20:57:
day 63

Thanks, We Are Succeeding! What i find interesting is, im always looking forward to the next success... 40 days 50.... 90... 150... But i have to remind myself "OMG ive done 38 days that is unimaginably awesome! So for you as well, just think about it... you went from an every day struggle....to.... 64 days clean! what a monstrous accomplishment! Just wow!

thank you! 
last few days have been pretty hard, this chizuk is much appreciated.

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 19:54 #377130

Any ideas on how to get sleep if you have a hard time to sleep but you still go to sleep early? I just came on this thread sorry if it's stated above. 
FOR FREE FILTERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY SOLUTIONS CLICK HERE
(Includes WebChaver/CovenantEyes, Microsoft Family Safety, and Apple
Screentime
and a how-to guide to set them up without loopholes)  

Even if you already have a filter, these are necessary additions because
they fix many loopholes that exist with paid filters (speaking from firsthand
experience) and because they add priceless accountability features.

If you have trouble filtering a shared device, then see the post for how
to get these filters discreetly, without any other users' knowledge whatsoever
and without the filters affecting the other users of the device at all.

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 19:58 #377131

Bilaam Harasha to Yosef Hatzaddik wrote on 09 Feb 2022 19:54:
Any ideas on how to get sleep if you have a hard time to sleep but you still go to sleep early? I just came on this thread sorry if it's stated above. 

i dont usually go to sleep early so i dont know…

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 20:02 #377132

i gave in 

i dont really know what else to say

Re: 90 day log! 09 Feb 2022 20:16 #377133

That's really rough. I remember about a few months ago before utilizing all the advice and resources here, my highest streak was maybe 35 days (and that's only from m) and when I lost that I was not able to get back there for a long time. Please don't let this happen to you. I would be likely be just as depressed as you if this happened to me honestly, but get back up and don't give up. That's what I would want to be told to myself if I would fall. 

Sorry for a lack of substance (I'm not really one to give advice, especially since per GYE rules I did fall yesterday) but I hope this helps a little bit. If you want to elaborate how you fell (if it's something within your control and even if it's not) please do it, we're here to help each other. And if it helps a little more think about this fall in hindsight, as in imagine this setback from a future perspective (where you are now free for a long long time), you would still probably wished it never happened but this may just be a necessity in order for you to get to that place where you are free for a long time by showing you areas of weakness you weren't aware of before or areas that you were aware of but that aren't being dealt with appropriately enough.
FOR FREE FILTERS AND ACCOUNTABILITY SOLUTIONS CLICK HERE
(Includes WebChaver/CovenantEyes, Microsoft Family Safety, and Apple
Screentime
and a how-to guide to set them up without loopholes)  

Even if you already have a filter, these are necessary additions because
they fix many loopholes that exist with paid filters (speaking from firsthand
experience) and because they add priceless accountability features.

If you have trouble filtering a shared device, then see the post for how
to get these filters discreetly, without any other users' knowledge whatsoever
and without the filters affecting the other users of the device at all.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2022 21:03 by To Yosef Hatzaddik.

Re: 90 day log! 10 Feb 2022 04:58 #377165

You must be going through a tough time right now. I just want to say you have been and remain such a source of strength for myself and the rest of the guys here. You show us it can be done! Don't wait too long to pick yourself back up we still need our dose of youngertwin

Re: 90 day log! 10 Feb 2022 12:09 #377178

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
TheYoungerTwin wrote on 09 Feb 2022 20:02:

i gave in 

Some guys who are new here, disappear after that first devastating fall that they were hoping beyond hope would not happen. They also "throw in the towel" and act out numerous times with a vengeance.  You on the other hand, reached out right away. You are BH here to stay, and want assistance in moving on.  

A guy climbs a mountain for many days, passing many challenges. One day he falls into a ditch and gets cut up a bit. His first reaction is to roll down the mountain to the base. Then his seichel kicks in and tells him, "Put on some bandages, and meanwhile enjoy the glorious view from high up, as well as the crisp clean air!"  After recuperating, he takes stock of the situation and says, "Actually i am doing pretty good! Look where i am up to; let's move on. But let me pay a bit more attention to the path, and avoid pitfalls as best as possible."

Similarly, a good painter who has filled up a canvas with breathtaking scenes of a sunrise, and accidentally spilled a few drops of black paint in the middle of the scene, turns that stain into a magnificent eagle flying past the sunrise, instead of tearing up the canvas.

Keep inspiring us tzaddik. Enjoy the continued hike upwards...
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 90 day log! 10 Feb 2022 14:08 #377187

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
TheYoungerTwin wrote on 09 Feb 2022 20:02:

i gave in 

I do, 

We are here for you. You must be simply frustrated, "done with trying", not interested in starting all over again, and just flat out pained.

Just to make sure you don't forget,
We all still love you and look up to you.
Hashem still loves you and looks up to you.
We all respect you immensely for the feat you accomplished.
Hashem respects you immensely for the feat you accomplished.
We are all looking forward to hearing your continued climb of greatness. Hashem is looking forward toward your continued climb of greatness.

I hope your able to pick yourself up again. Although its understandable if it takes some time and your not interested now.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Last Edit: 10 Feb 2022 14:15 by human being.

Re: 90 day log! 10 Feb 2022 19:22 #377200

Gosh this must be so rough! All the energy feels lost! I know what it feels like! Remember, sometimes as a person is ABOUT to succeed he slips bad because the satan is out to get him with all his might! because shamayim is shaking from this guy about to break through and conquer all lust! Please please come back your almost there! Days don’t count in shamayim! Effort does! And you put so much in! This is a major nisayon in front of you where you feel worthless and a fail where in reality your really up on the top still! Don’t go further! Break through this hard vision and you’ll see you’ll get through this with flying colors.. success comes from this point! If you can break through this vision - you can handle all future lust tests! Hatzlacha! Looking forward to hearing from you! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes