Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: my journey 1867 Views

Re: my journey 18 Feb 2022 16:41 #377587

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 1019 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It’s funny I got the same email but I did not take it that way. Email was referring to sacrifices in the Bais hamikdash which I automatically translated back into the Hebrew word “Korbon”. The common English translation is sacrifice but korbon actually comes from the word Karov - To come close (to hashem). So 70 of those is a really good thing!! Congratulations.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: my journey 20 Feb 2022 13:03 #377628

• omoh
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
DavidT wrote on 18 Feb 2022 15:42:

omoH wrote on 18 Feb 2022 12:33:
Not liking the GYE email at day 70 that i just sacrificed 70 days i was like huh? what did i give up something terrible that was ruining my life why is that called a sacrifice??  

Maybe the email can be reworded a bit, but the point is not that you sacrificed a good thing but that you brought a sacrifice to Hashem!

The Medrash Yalkut Shemoni (click here) brings Chazal's words: Who ever turns himself away from aveira (sin), then even if he is a Israelite, he is worthy of bringing a sacrifice on the alter like the Kohen Gadol"... "And who ever makes himself lazy from sin and doesn't sin, merits to enjoy the shine of the Shechina like the ministering angels".

We're looking forward to celebrating 90 with you (remotely) at the shabbos kiddush (Kiddush Hashem!)

thank you i appreciate it! oh and what a kiddush it was!!!  

Re: my journey 20 Feb 2022 13:05 #377629

• omoh
  • Junior Boarder
90 days I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay yippie ready to be free!!!

Re: my journey 20 Feb 2022 15:25 #377641

• joetyh
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!! You are a champion!!!!! But keep in mind you can’t just cruise now the yetzer hara still exists 
feel free to contact me with chizzuk or to stam shmuz @ joestyh@gmail.com 

Re: my journey 21 Feb 2022 10:46 #377689

• human being
  • Platinum Boarder
Way to go brother
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes