Welcome, Guest

Does it ever get easy ?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does it ever get easy ? 230 Views

Does it ever get easy ? 09 Jul 2021 15:43 #370651

I was doing so well.
My mind was clear. My eyes were shielded.
I was busy being better.
Then something triggered me , something I saw while driving and after a few days of battling I fell.
Does it ever get easier to deal with lust and desire ? 
I would love for the day to come when I never have to think or worry about falling again.
I feel like I failed all those around me.

Jack

Re: Does it ever get easy ? 11 Jul 2021 12:41 #370686

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear friend,
Life is full of ups and downs. Does it get easier? Yes. Will it always be easy? No. That is life.
Dont give up, you are human like the rest of us.
You haven’t failed nor let down anyone.
Keep taking the right steps and precautions, and maybe reach out to a fellow GYE guy for more support.

Hatzlocha!

YeshivaGuy

Re: Does it ever get easy ? 11 Jul 2021 13:28 #370690

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
JacobsLadder wrote on 09 Jul 2021 15:43:
I was doing so well.
My mind was clear. My eyes were shielded.
I was busy being better.
Then something triggered me , something I saw while driving and after a few days of battling I fell.
Does it ever get easier to deal with lust and desire ? 
I would love for the day to come when I never have to think or worry about falling again.
I feel like I failed all those around me.

Jack

YES.

Why?

This is an extremely debated point. What exactly changes after a while? Some say the desire lessens, while others tend to think that the person becomes more adept at prevention and urge response. Whichever it may be, the desire never disappears forever, it's always there.

Yet it can lay dormant for a long time if one learns how to respond properly. So don't imagine that you will always feel the way you feel now. Although there will be periods of time when your desires burn with a hellish fire, there will be long periods of time when they will be under control and mellow. The longer you fight and learn, the longer those periods of peace will become.

Just keep in mind. If one is "clean" but continuously teases himself with images etc. that he deems "ok" or "not a fall" or "that's not why I'm looking here..." (we all know what I mean) then the fight will remain almost unattainable. If we completely and wholeheartedly throw ourselves into purity, with vigorous mind and eye guarding, only then can we vanquish the animal inside. 

Hang in there! Life is to valuable to waste on invaluable things.
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2021 13:40 by grant400.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes