Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Aleh katan 7433 Views

Re: Aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 07:42 #37934

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello loi-misyaeish,

Thankyou for pouring out your heart.  It sounds like you are just aching.

It might help to shift your focus a little.  Perhaps, in your lust for s**, is really covering up a yearning for a deep relationship.  Maybe try to think of it that way.  You might continue to yearn, but you could think less specifically of "s**."  I grew up secular, and I would just stare at the girls in my class all day.  I knew it was also a yearing for a relationship--not to be lonely, as my home wasn't exactly harmonious and also, I wasn't exactly part of the social elite (my Rav and youth group director told me I would be thankful some day for this).

Last Edit: by sans.

Re: aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 09:00 #37954

• loi-misyaeish
You're really right about that, eye. I really did realize that years ago, but i knew that i wouldn't have it anyway for a long time, so i would just fanatise about it all day to comfort myself somewhat. I can't dream all day about living with a wife, but dreaming all day about s** is always possible. That's why my focus was always shifted to that and that's why i find it so hard not to look at women as 's**ual objects'. I know i wouldn't be having a relationship with them anyway, so that's all what i think of them. Loi-m
Last Edit: by koznitz.

Re: Aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 10:17 #37974

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LM have a great shabbos. And thanks  for the last part of your story. We finally got to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up the good work and always feel fre to call if need be.
Last Edit: by mrprimo.

Re: Aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 10:30 #37979

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow! Lo Mi, you are such a brave person to come out and tell your story like that!! Kol Hakavod!!! It must have not been easy, but the very ability to do it is enormously helpful in your path to recovery.... Keep using this site, and posting your feelings, everyone here really cares about you.

May Ha-shem help you in fighting this holy fight!!!
Haba
Last Edit: by zkraiz.

Re: Aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 12:55 #38011

• bardichev
Al tisya-esh

Al tisya-esh

MeyHashem tivakesh

Afillu cherev chadda

Munach al tzavarav

Oy yoy shabbos koidesh

bardichev
Last Edit: by gyesa.

Re: aleh katan 25 Dec 2009 13:17 #38019

• loi-misyaeish
Right on mark there, bardichev. A gut shabbos to you and all the wonderful guys on this forum!
Last Edit: by cande.

Re: aleh katan 26 Dec 2009 18:37 #38135

• loi-misyaeish
Shabbos is a hard day! Everybody's dressed nicely and i've also gotta eat out the shabbos meals. But b"h i made it. Just the thought that i have a listening ear and those that can really understand my situation makes it easier.
Last Edit: by momthatcares.

Re: aleh katan 26 Dec 2009 19:26 #38136

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
loi-misyaeish wrote on 26 Dec 2009 18:37:

Shabbos is a hard day! Everybody's dressed nicely and i've also gotta eat out the shabbos meals. But b"h i made it. Just the thought that i have a listening ear and those that can really understand my situation makes it easier.

KUTGW!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10526.

Re: Aleh katan 26 Dec 2009 21:16 #38149

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to hear you had a good shabbos. Hope your week goes well. Hope to see you too.
Last Edit: by letsgonov5.

Re: Aleh katan 26 Dec 2009 21:54 #38153

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on going!!!  Stay positive and positive things will happen
Last Edit: by udlsss.

Re: aleh kattan 26 Dec 2009 22:36 #38159

• loi-misyaeish
By the way, reliving my story was very painful, but it really helped to let go of the old baggage. Friday, i was feeling alot of emotional pain, but 'ba shabbos ba menucha'  and now i feel much more relieved. Be'ezras hashem, i'm hoping to have a really great week and i wish the same for all you guys!
Last Edit: by shlomo7.

Re: Aleh katan 26 Dec 2009 23:05 #38169

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Wow, what a story! Thanks for sharing it... (BTW, you didn't mention mast* in your story at all... Is it meant to be obvious, or it's not an issue?)

Have you ever read the translations we did on Reb Shlachter's book? You can download it here. I think it would give you a lot of good perspective....
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by d7323647683d.

Re: aleh kattan 26 Dec 2009 23:45 #38174

• loi-misyaeish
Unfortunately mast*n was also a problem, but not as much as fanatising. I did sometimes m*ate and mz"l, but i use to feel so bad afterwards that it  scared me off for a long time afterwards. But when i began watching p**n it did became more of an issue. (at the beginning of my thread i wrote a bit about it). But fanatizing was the real issue for many years, and still is. Concerning r' schlachter's book, i would love to see it, but as i mentioned many times before, i have not got the ability to do download it. But maybe one day i'll arrange someone to do it for me.
Last Edit: by jrgershons.

Re: Aleh katan 27 Dec 2009 05:09 #38189

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Lo Miyayesh,

Glad to hear your Shabbos went well and that you had a sense of menucha. I just heard a great vort on Menucha. What is menucha? We say a bracha li'hniyach teffilin, and it doesn't just mean that we put them on, but that we put them on the right place exactly. Menucha is the feeling we get when everything is in the right place... May Ha-shem give you that sense soon.

If you really want the R' Shlachter translated I could download it for you and then send it to you as an email, would you like that?
Last Edit: by mordy18.

Re: Aleh katan 27 Dec 2009 08:20 #38226

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by shalom23.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes