Welcome, Guest

Lag Beomer Tragedy
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lag Beomer Tragedy 279 Views

Lag Beomer Tragedy 30 Apr 2021 01:12 #367698

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Everyone, I hope you're enjoying your Lag Beomer, However I'm sure that you heard about the terrible tragedy that happened in Eretz Yisroel. It bothers me very much and I'm sure it bothers you all, so I had this idea.

Next time we have a urge to look at something or somewhere were we shouldn't be looking or do something that we shouldn't be doing, we should think about all these pure Jewish soul that were nifter tonight and we should hold our self's back from doing the inappropriate l'zichus those neshomes. 
Lets post our story and how we overcame our challenge on this thread.

May it be a zichus for us and for all those pure Jewish soul.
May we only share good news.
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Lag Beomer Tragedy 30 Apr 2021 01:32 #367700

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hurt wrote on 30 Apr 2021 01:12:
Hi Everyone, I hope you're enjoying your Lag Beomer, However I'm sure that you heard about the terrible tragedy that happened in Eretz Yisroel.

I don't follow the news too much, didn't hear anything, could you share what happened?
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Lag Beomer Tragedy 30 Apr 2021 01:40 #367701

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot of ppl trampled at a bonfire in meron, unfortunately over two dozens of ppl died.   
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Lag Beomer Tragedy 30 Apr 2021 01:54 #367702

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's a terrible tragedy.

Here is a link to be part of completing safer Tehilem for our brothers and sisters in Meron.

new.tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=DsW3svIpW94

Of course you can be old fashioned and take out your closest available Tehilem from your bookshelf.

We should only know of simchas and be zoche to the ultimate geulah speedily in our days.

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 30 Apr 2021 01:59 by zedj.

Re: Lag Beomer Tragedy 30 Apr 2021 15:15 #367713

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hurt wrote on 30 Apr 2021 01:12:
Hi Everyone, I hope you're enjoying your Lag Beomer, However I'm sure that you heard about the terrible tragedy that happened in Eretz Yisroel. It bothers me very much and I'm sure it bothers you all, so I had this idea.

Next time we have a urge to look at something or somewhere were we shouldn't be looking or do something that we shouldn't be doing, we should think about all these pure Jewish soul that were nifter tonight and we should hold our self's back from doing the inappropriate l'zichus those neshomes. 
Lets post our story and how we overcame our challenge on this thread.

May it be a zichus for us and for all those pure Jewish soul.
May we only share good news.

To add to the Zechus of their neshamos I suggest something more.

I'm married, I have kids, I have a lot in my life, I know a lot of people suffering, sadly there has been many sad events in the jewish world since I started acting out many years ago. And each time I would make a commitment not to act out again, but it wouldn't work. Because my willpower on my own was and is not strong enough. If you are a person that has enoiugh willpower, and you just need a boost. Stop here.

But if your like me. Consider taking another uncomfortable step in your recovery. Maybe call someone real, or join a group, get a therapist, open up to your rebbi/friend/parent.  I'm not sure what it is, but please do something more meaningful then just holding back, because thats white knuckling and it will probably help you for a few days at most until the memory of this horrific event fades.

Sorry I've promised myself too many times after events like these to stop, and it has not helped in the long run. Hopefully your experience is different
p.s. just so you know I'm not just preaching, I did just take another significant step in (hopefully) my recovery.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes