Welcome, Guest

Kollel Guy's 90 Days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 18479 Views

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 22:52 #38682

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
KG,
My offer to talk still stands.  Guard is right, you need real life interaction.  I will offer you my phone number and perhaps we can meet.  This may be a bit easier than going to a kumzitz. I am not trying to pressure you I just want you know that I am serious and that it can be very beneficial for you. 

Regarding the yetzer hara, I personally found it very helpful to learn how to identify what the yetzer hara is.  You can read my thread entitled "identifyin the yetzer hara" over here. I never finished publishing it; it is still on my hard drive.  However, the basic yesodos are posted on the thread.    In a nutshell, it is important to understand that as at an addicts level we are not fighting a malach, but rather ourselves. Recently, I had met up with a one of the GYE members and he thanked me so much for that article for it helped him clarify so much of the confusions.   

Guard,
I heard Rimon is breakable.  But K9 is not.  As long as someone has the passowrd (in my case it is my wife), then there shouldn't be any problem.  And I know as a fact that k9 is MUCH better than my prev filter. 

Either way, it is important to remember what Boruch said about filters.  They are mainly to be used as heker.  Once the addict finds himself clicking in desperation to break it, he has to recognize he is still far from recovery.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 22:56 by yoshi.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 23:05 #38686

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
true, true
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by robert1234.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 28 Dec 2009 07:58 #38839

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear KG,

A lot of people are saying a lot of good things here, I don't have much to add, just a simple imcha anochi bitzara! May Ha-shem help you break out of this meitzar into His beautiful shining light!

Haba
Last Edit: by nafshy.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 28 Dec 2009 11:21 #38861

• Kollel Guy
I don't really know what it means to take help. I was always a 'do it yourslf you baby' type of guy.
And yes guard, I'm well aware that I need an attitude shift. I just don't know where to shift it to.
And yeah, I realized what your saying yesterday when I read the chizuk email. Maybe I'll taka do it.

Shkoyach guys
Last Edit: by leboe.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 28 Dec 2009 16:10 #39001

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck in your journey!!!  We are all here to help you. 
Last Edit: by jonathan1997.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 28 Dec 2009 16:21 #39008

• bardichev
hachnaah baby hachnaaa!!

admit and surrender

realize you are powerless

hey don't give up your your personality your geshmakk in life

just chuck the ego !!

kg it's a toughie!!

work work work !!!

k

o  t 

b
Last Edit: by mendyz770.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 28 Dec 2009 23:11 #39200

• Kollel Guy
DAY 8
Today I got off to an awesome start. (That means i came to shacharis).
1st seder stank.
Tried to bust my filter by lunch again, feels so degrading afterwards, but when I think about what my post-fall feeling used to be like in my pre-filter days, I can't help but feel fortunate.
I'm not sure if I should still be counting, I think there should be a limit to how many slips you can have in separate days before their mitztaref and count as a fall.
But technically I didn't manage to see any **** so at least legally I can say I'm clean.
2nd seder stank.
Night seder didn't exist
Chickened out of the kumzitz at the last second, I was almost gonna go.
It's 1:02, I hope to H-ashem in heaven that he wakes me up on time tomorrow morning.
I downloaded the big book. Gotta print it out, but no ink so I gotta wait.
I'm gonna start 12 steps soon, Dovism is starting to get to me.
I'm coming to a point where his words are actually sounding logical and true.
Let's see what happens.
Last Edit: by yedmosk.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 11:25 #39889

• Kollel Guy
DAY 9
Woke up, said ks, then went back 2 sleep.
Shachris right before chatzos.
Skipped 1st and nost of 2nd seder.
Chavrusas will probably dump me.
I don't care though, their both annoying.
Almost no torah today.
BUT I DIDN'T CLICK WHERE I SHOULDN'T - NOT EVEN ONCE!!!
CONGRATS TO ME!!
I'm realizing that the olam here is actually pretty awesome.
Maybe one day I'll start a GYE kollel.
The only kollel in which the davening takes longer than the sedorim :D
Last Edit: by gleefulrabbit36.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 11:29 #39891

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dude happy to hear your doing good. But dont allow this to ruin your real life. Virtual life is good, especially here, but nothing compares to real life friends. So make sure you dont lose them while you have them. youve gotta get out there.
Last Edit: by adventurousmongoose11.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 11:35 #39895

• Kollel Guy
I didn't say the whole world is annoying, just the two chavrusas that I happen to have.
But shkoyach again.
And after I open my GYE kollel, I think I'll start a site called GA.
"A site for jews in the real world, struggling to lead a real life against the temptation to sit on GYE all day"
Last Edit: by merrysquirrel47.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 11:37 #39898

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kollel Guy wrote on 30 Dec 2009 11:35:

I didn't say the whole world is annoying, just the two chavrusas that I happen to have.
But shkoyach again.
"A site for jews in the real world, struggling to lead a real life against the temptation to sit on GYE all day"
i undersatnd that. just the way your writing just doesnt sound like your getting out alot. didnt mean to offend you. Sorry. :-\

And im totally gonna join your GA site. i think im already by the no turning back point. Oh well. :-\
Last Edit: by blissfullynx02.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 11:39 #39900

• Kollel Guy
imtrying25 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 11:37:

Kollel Guy wrote on 30 Dec 2009 11:35:

But shkoyach again.
i undersatnd that. just the way your writing just doesnt sound like your getting out alot. didnt mean to offend you. Sorry. :-\

And im totally gonna join your GA site. i think im already by the no turning back point. Oh well. :-\
GYE is your master. You have no control. You have to surrender your GYE desire to G-d.
Last Edit: by dreamypenguin13.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 13:01 #39925

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
lol
like this so much that iv been sharing it all over
One who wants to turn aside from evil but sees that there is no truth in the world must act as if he is crazy.

Sefer HaMiddot, Emet #31
Last Edit: by merrykangaroo40.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 13:51 #39953

• Kollel Guy
Oh..... so THAT'S why they all dance on top of their trucks! :D ;D :D
Last Edit: by DeletedUser12578.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 30 Dec 2009 15:03 #39995

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, KG.
i've just seen your thread , and i must tell you as the administrator did that your approach must to be chaged radicaly as quick as you can.
you sound as a sad one. if i wrong please stop read my message right now.
i gonna explain.
you must be happy, ok not happy but at least not sad as you sound.
everytime, all the time, never be sad.
the sadness is the food of the Y"H, the Y"H likes it so much that it leads you everytime to fall because you are in a depression.
and the fall is the drug for that, and afterwards you are sunked in a depession again and fall etc.
its a self destruct cycle, that if you don't change your approach you won't go out from.

be happy. just as those smiley  ;D :D ;D :D ;D

as i learned in my daily tora lesson  from my rebbe, never! but never! be sad. even after 10000000000000 falls.  (i'm sure you havn't got to this number yet  :D) even one minute after fall.

that change with the thousand tools in GYE site gonna help you in your journey to break free.
never be in depression!!!

Last Edit: by upbeatpanther05.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes