Welcome, Guest

Kollel Guy's 90 Days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 18471 Views

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:46 #38583

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh and btw coming to the kumzitz may help. :D ;D Did you hear that the chashuve rav Battleworn is going to grace us with his presence??
Last Edit: by sefardianon.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:48 #38584

• Kollel Guy
imtrying25 wrote on 27 Dec 2009 19:46:

Oh and btw coming to the kumzitz may help. :D ;D Did you hear that the chashuve rav Battleworn is going to grace us with his presence??
What kumzitz who kumzitz? I didn't know you guys are making another one! When?
Last Edit: by DeletedUser11092.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:50 #38587

• jerusalemsexaddict
guardureyes wrote on 26 Dec 2009 23:08:

Kollel Guy wrote on 26 Dec 2009 23:05:

DAY 6
Shabbos Kodesh, BH got up on time, but bateled the whole day... Motzei wasted time watching movies again.
Most important of all.... didn't fall, so BH we're one day closer.

Movies are a no-no for any Jew serious about guarding his eyes, especially an addict. Click here for an article on movies by the famous Arutz 7 blogger, Tzvi Fishman. (If after reading this article, you still insist that you can't give up movies, click here for a prayer to recite before watching a movie).

i dont agree.there are some clean movies,and they have alot to be learned from.
i saw finding nemo yesterday,and i had a lot of good laughs,i was very relaxed afterwards,and it passed on severl valuable lessons.
and i like tzvi fishmans blog cause its funny,but his site is uch.on the front page they have a link to this movie of this guy who died and was judged and all these bad angels from his seed came.
that is probably the worst thing to show an addict.
some people are really just hurting the cause.
Last Edit: by gila35.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:52 #38590

• Kollel Guy
Uri wrote on 27 Dec 2009 19:50:

guardureyes wrote on 26 Dec 2009 23:08:

Kollel Guy wrote on 26 Dec 2009 23:05:

DAY 6
Shabbos Kodesh, BH got up on time, but bateled the whole day... Motzei wasted time watching movies again.
Most important of all.... didn't fall, so BH we're one day closer.

Movies are a no-no for any Jew serious about guarding his eyes, especially an addict. Click here for an article on movies by the famous Arutz 7 blogger, Tzvi Fishman. (If after reading this article, you still insist that you can't give up movies, click here for a prayer to recite before watching a movie).

i dont agree.there are some clean movies,and they have alot to be learned from.
i saw finding nemo yesterday,and i had a lot of good laughs,i was very relaxed afterwards,and it passed on severl valuable lessons.
and i like tzvi fishmans blog cause its funny,but his site is uch.on the front page they have a link to this movie of this guy who died and was judged and all these bad angels from his seed came.
that is probably the worst thing to show an addict.
some people are really just hurting the cause.
It might be bad for an addict to see, but for the average person it might actually do him some good.
Last Edit: by joshsmall.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:53 #38592

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Heres the link;  rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1423.0

And uri you just dont stop. :D ;D
Last Edit: by user3.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:53 #38593

• jerusalemsexaddict
and what's the average person doing on a sex addict site?
Last Edit: by pricejunky.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:54 #38595

• battleworn
Kollel Guy wrote on 27 Dec 2009 19:48:

imtrying25 wrote on 27 Dec 2009 19:46:

What kumzitz who kumzitz? I didn't know you guys are making another one! When?

I hope you're joking, I'm counting on meeting you tomorrow!
Last Edit: by bochur12345.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:56 #38596

• Kollel Guy
Uri wrote on 27 Dec 2009 19:53:

and what's the average person doing on a sex addict site?

Y'know people who aren't addicts also have taavos, and struggle with them - a LOT. Why is it so shver that one would look around for advice and help online?
Last Edit: by yedidya.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 20:04 #38600

• jerusalemsexaddict
okay.sounds like a keemat addict to me,so my same point stands.
find so lets say 10 percent of the pple on that site are not addicts.
so lets screw over the other 90 percent for that 10 percent.
i hear.
Last Edit: by ygroner.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 20:14 #38606

• Kollel Guy
Uri wrote on 27 Dec 2009 20:04:

okay.sounds like a keemat addict to me,so my same point stands.
find so lets say 10 percent of the pple on that site are not addicts.
so lets screw over the other 90 percent for that 10 percent.
i hear.
1st of all it's far less than 90. I'd say more like 50-50.
Secondly, nobody is getting screwed over. An addict has to deal with a lot more than a shtinky little video of a spooky account. The video won't affect a recovering addict either way, and if he's not recovering - he has other problems to worry about.
Regardless, even if you are right, admit you just don't like the site.....
Last Edit: by bachurman.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 20:18 #38608

• jerusalemsexaddict
i lost u there...
Last Edit: by best1292.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 21:21 #38641

• Kollel Guy
Uri wrote on 27 Dec 2009 20:18:

i lost u there...
You said before his site is uch
Last Edit: by ehekmati.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 21:57 #38664

• Kollel Guy
DAY 7
Asarah b'Teves
Today was also a flop. Shachris at 11, skipped 1st seder, spent most of fast on GYE, learned a bit.
Jackpot was after the fast, when I was alone, I clicked on a bunch of things I shouldn't have. H-shem thank you so much for creating K9, and especially - making it free.
If not for the filter I would not just "have fell by now", I'd be rolling on the floor.
I know logically that this will end one day, but it really doesn't feel like it. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm experiencing hell, because I know what I'm going through is a walk in the park compared to what any serious addict goes through. But it's pretty bad. Like... I want something so much, and I think about it all day and night, but when the opportunity to get it comes to me - I'm suddenly not interested enough to make any effort to attain my dream. And as soon as I'm done the fall I want it again. I don't even enjoy it - AT ALL.
But that's why he's so good at what he does. To convince an intelligent person to enjoy something now, even though he will regret it later - well even people can do that. But to convince someone to trade a fortune for a kick in the face, and not only that, but to get the guy to run after the deal - THAT only the y"h can do.
Sometimes I forget that he's a malach. I can't see him so I think his will is just like mine, equally as strong. If only I could realize how determined he is to be successful at his mission, and what/who I'm up against, maybe I'd take my mission a little more seriously.
I hope to G-d in heaven, that tomorrow is a good day, that I just show up to the tefillos and sedarim on time, that I just stay away from the clicks death, that I just keep my mind and focus where it's supposed to be and where it truly wants to be, that I just keep in mind WHO designed me, and is putting me here, and is looking at me every second, and hoping that I do what is benificial to me and not the opposite c"v, and is telling me "I promise this is what is best for you, please just listen to me"....
Let it be his will, and yeah, mine too.
Last Edit: by omerbi.

Re: kolel guys 27 Dec 2009 22:09 #38667

• loi-misyaeish
Yeah, tomorrow a first and second seder in kolel and night seder in it25's place. You can still change your mind about it, it's never too late. I came for the first one, in the last half hour, and regretted not coming earlier. You don't wanna regret this later!!
Last Edit: by joenumber1995.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 22:35 #38675

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
KG, you need an attitude shift, not to just keep trying "harder" or giving yourself more pep-talk or chizuk... (Today's Chizuk e-mail might help).

Also, connecting with other addicts can help a lot. I implore you to re-consider joining the Kumzitz... If you'd go, you'd get some numbers of some guys and get in touch with them daily when feeling weak. You'd also be able to share chizuk with them. We need to GET OUT OF ISOLATION and out of our heads.

Also, why don't you get RIMON? K9 is not safe enough alone in my opinion.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by shteiger613.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes