Welcome, Guest

Kollel Guy's 90 Days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 18476 Views

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 25 Dec 2009 17:11 #38073

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Way to go KG!
Last Edit: by a1edb61d.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 26 Dec 2009 23:05 #38168

• Kollel Guy
DAY 6
Shabbos Kodesh, BH got up on time, but bateled the whole day... Motzei wasted time watching movies again.
Most important of all.... didn't fall, so BH we're one day closer.
Last Edit: by tshuvamiyad.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 26 Dec 2009 23:08 #38171

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Kollel Guy wrote on 26 Dec 2009 23:05:

DAY 6
Shabbos Kodesh, BH got up on time, but bateled the whole day... Motzei wasted time watching movies again.
Most important of all.... didn't fall, so BH we're one day closer.

Movies are a no-no for any Jew serious about guarding his eyes, especially an addict. Click here for an article on movies by the famous Arutz 7 blogger, Tzvi Fishman. (If after reading this article, you still insist that you can't give up movies, click here for a prayer to recite before watching a movie).
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by ibelieveican.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 05:13 #38190

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear KG,

I would love to see you first post the positive things you've done before you beat yourself up for batala. Trust me, we all agree with you that it is not good,  but there is a serious intensity in your self deprecation that is painful for me to read and I'm sure for you to experience. It's like there is a very strong midas hadin character in your head, and you could probably use some more chessed to balance it out!!

Keep fighting and recognize how much Ha-shem loved every second you fight for him!!!

A Gutte Voch,
Haba
Last Edit: by successuccess.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 05:36 #38191

• Kollel Guy
Thanks for the links guard, the tefillah one was pretty funny, where did you get it?
Actually it wasn't those type of movies, i was just speaking generally. The only things I would see are documentary films, and maybe a cartoon here and there. The main problem with them is not triggers and filth, they're pretty much 100% trigger & filth free. The issue is bitul torah. I have time on motzei shabbos to catch up on material I need to, and are behind in, and I'm just immature about it and sit around doing nothing.
Last Edit: by hgyhmmy.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 08:20 #38225

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by iwish.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 09:10 #38292

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by 148andme.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 14:13 #38463

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KG. Relax. It will do you some good. :D
Last Edit: by ketzos.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 14:46 #38480

• think good
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Last Thursday evening I was visiting relatives with a TV and cable. It was Nittelnacht when we don't learn, so I could not resist the temptation of seeing what movies were playing. Obviously I avoided anything that might have women, I looked at a few "action" movies. The bad stuff was not women, but violence and bad language.

Many years ago I read a front page article in Scientific American describing a study of two groups of children. One group were shown violent movies like "TOM & GERRY", the second group did not see these movies.

The study found the group watching the "TOM & GERRY" movies become more conditioned to accepting violence!!! and that's from children's carton movies!!
Think what today's movies are doing to a generation of children!! not to mention the adults.

I turned the TV off as the time to learn had arrived, and tried to focus on learning before going to sleep.

The bottom line is there is probably nothing that can be watched either on TV or a movie. We have no choice, but to stay away. There is no middle ground.
Last Edit: by shamis.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 15:12 #38484

• Kollel Guy
Think Good wrote on 27 Dec 2009 14:46:

Last Thursday evening I was visiting relatives with a TV and cable. It was Nittelnacht when we don't learn, so I could not resist the temptation of seeing what movies were playing. Obviously I avoided anything that might have women, I looked at a few "action" movies. The bad stuff was not women, but violence and bad language.

Many years ago I read a front page article in Scientific American describing a study of two groups of children. One group were shown violent movies like "TOM & GERRY", the second group did not see these movies.

The study found the group watching the "TOM & GERRY" movies become more conditioned to accepting violence!!! and that's from children's carton movies!!
Think what today's movies are doing to a generation of children!! not to mention the adults.

I turned the TV off as the time to learn had arrived, and tried to focus on learning before going to sleep.

The bottom line is there is probably nothing that can be watched either on TV or a movie. We have no choice, but to stay away. There is no middle ground.
Your probably right.
Last Edit: by thfc.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 15:23 #38489

• Kollel Guy
imtrying25 wrote on 27 Dec 2009 14:13:

That's actually what I'm doing right now. Relaxing. I haven't leant a normal day of sedorim in about 2 weeks, I daven by myself at home right before chatzos, A decent percent of the torah I learn throughout the day is what I see quoted here on the posts. Life is very relaxing these days. I havent accomplished a g------m thing recently, but relax - yes, that I did. Thanks for the tip though.
Last Edit: by jack123456.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 16:23 #38511

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Kollel Guy wrote on 27 Dec 2009 15:23:

imtrying25 wrote on 27 Dec 2009 14:13:

That's actually what I'm doing right now. Relaxing. I haven't leant a normal day of sedorim in about 2 weeks, I daven by myself at home right before chatzos, A decent percent of the torah I learn throughout the day is what I see quoted here on the posts. Life is very relaxing these days. I havent accomplished a g------m thing recently, but relax - yes, that I did. Thanks for the tip though.

That was funny!  ;D

KG, what do you think might be causing this apathy? is this something recent since finding GYE?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by felipe.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 17:17 #38528

• Kollel Guy
Well I have been spending a good deal of my time on GYE recently, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
And I don't think I'm apathetic, I'm actually very concerned about the fact that I'm doing nothing. I just can't seem to get myself out of this rut and back into a normal schedule. I'm hoping it will just pass with time.
Last Edit: by eliezerr.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 18:45 #38560

• battleworn
צדקת הצדיק / אות יז

זמן עבודת הפועל רק ביום כמ"ש יצא וגו' עדי ערב ולכן אמרו בעירובין (סה.) אנן פועלי דיממא אבל ליליא לשינתא רק כי יזיף ביממא פרע בליליא [ועיין בתלמידי רבינו יונה ברכות ח' א' משמע דכן הלכה]. רק מכל מקום מצאנו גבי מלאכת בית המקדש ברכות ב' ב' סלקא דעתך דמקדמי ומחשכי גם בלילה ולמסקנא נמי רק משום דהוצרכו הלילה למשמר. ועיין שבת פ"ט ב' אמרינן דל פלגא דלילותא. ונראה דגם בכל עבודת ה' הלילה רק למשמר כמ"ש (זוהר חלק א' כז א) לשמרה זו מצות לא תעשה וכמ"ש (עירובין צו.) דכל מקום שנאמר השמר וגו' הוא לא תעשה והיינו שלא יעשה עבירות ולכך בשינה די על דרך שאמרו בפרק קמא דעבודה זרה (יט יכול יגרה עצמו בשינה כו' עיין שם.

R' Tzadok is talking to you! When it gets really "dark", your job is ONLY to stay clean! But R' Tzadok also explains in many places (as do many other seforim as far back as the Zohar Hakodosh) that the darkness is a preparation for a greater light. (see for ex: צדקת הצדיק קנ''א)

SO- SHTARK ZICH AND HANG IN THERE. Believe me I have a lot of experience with this. The y'h loves dressing up as a Talmid Chochom and getting you all down. He's scared that you'll survive the night, and be zocheh to become the bigger and better person that you're destined to be. So he'll do anything to stop you.

If I might make a suggestion, take a few minutes every night before you go to sleep to thank Hashem for saving you today from the monster of lust. Thank him also for some of the mitzvohs that you were zocheh to do that day. The Gr"a says that the WHOLE CREATION is worth it for one single "Shma Yisroel". Just the fact that a person in this world of sheker can proclaim the truth of Shma Yisroel is a bombastic accomplishment. Let's learn to appreciate what we have!!!
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 19:18 by issac12.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 27 Dec 2009 19:08 #38563

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I am soooo glad R' Battle-on is back!
I really gain so much from his posts
Like this one.
thanks!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by s123456.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds