Welcome, Guest

Kollel Guy's 90 Days
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 18484 Views

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 06 Jan 2010 23:28 #43137

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on trucking bro. Forget the 89. Always keep it at one. Youll see soon enough how fast that measly one will turn to 90.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 06 Jan 2010 23:55 #43148

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Kollel Guy wrote on 06 Jan 2010 23:20:

OK HB, who says this vort?
It is truly too amazing to be real.
Please tell me it's the Alter Rebbe or somthing...

Yes exactly...You read my mind...I found it  here in this Gevaldige Website

http://www.algemeiner.com/generic.asp?id=2563

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 00:01 #43149

• humanbeing
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read it again Check out footnote #11 anh #8 - Elisha is Mamesh talking to us

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 00:42 #43154

• humanbeing
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know why i'm posting here...But where is tthe source of this 90 day nueral pathway change thing...It also seems that even after 90 Days so many people still have falls.....I guess you always have to stick to the basics and continuously change yourself for the better...There is no magic pill.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 01:53 #43175

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
humanbeing wrote on 07 Jan 2010 00:42:

I don't know why i'm posting here...But where is tthe source of this 90 day nueral pathway change thing...It also seems that even after 90 Days so many people still have falls.....I guess you always have to stick to the basics and continuously change yourself for the better...There is no magic pill.

There is certainly no magic pill, but I can tell you from experience that even though I have had falls after 90 days (I had a 7 month streak), the battle I have now is completely different. When I go to the bathroom, I do what I need to do and that's it. I don't have a desire to do anything else. Same with the shower. Once in a rare while I'll get a sudden craving while on the computer, and that's where my falls have come from. However, I can testify that putting a large amount of time between me and the addiction had a tremendous freeing effect on me. I'm still not perfect, but no one is. It's all about the progress. And when I look back over the last year and change, I see a tremendous amount of that.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 02:09 #43179

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Go KG go!!!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 04:16 #43212

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
GO ANO!!!

Wow, I can't even imagine a 7 mos streak!! You're a friggin malach!!

When I grow up, I'm gunna be just like Ano!!!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 10:35 #43293

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
humanbeing wrote on 07 Jan 2010 00:42:

Definitely true!! Reb Dov always says, we NEED to change ourselves. Without that nothing else matters. 90 days allows you to put a distance between us and the addiciton, both in acting out and in the brain. Once we have that we need to change ourselves. Change whatever it is that got us to be the addicit we once were!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 13:04 #43342

• bardichev
GevaldiggggggggggggggggGggggggggggggg

KOTNMW

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 17:21 #43422

• humanbeing
  • Platinum Boarder
Bardichever - Do you really drive a truck for a living?

Don't drink and drive - You might bump and spill!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 07 Jan 2010 18:27 #43465

• humanbeing
  • Platinum Boarder
KollelGuy - How are you Today?

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 08 Jan 2010 11:29 #43740

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey KG wassup?? Shabbat shalom!!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 08 Jan 2010 14:11 #43780

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DAY 2
Ok today was a total breeze. It always happens like this. The first few days after I decide "Thats it - NEVER again", things go amazing,.I'm flawless, .and nothing can trigger me, because I'm so sick of the mere thought of p**n. So I already know that this doesn't last, but I'm enjoying it for as long as it does.
I'm still skipping sedorim though, I told my Rosh Kollel I was supposed to be back last Sunday. Oh well. This Sunday I guess.
Thurs night wasn't so cool. I watched a real movie for the first time in years. Even though there were a few love scenes - nothing triggered me. I looked away each time. And it wasn't only for frum reasons. I really felt like I was invading someones privacy. Whenever it's real love, even if it's acted, I can't look. It seems gross to me to be looking at two people doing something so private. But p**n is different. Nobody is doing anything private. Their advertising themselves. They are like animals in the zoo. Meant to be watched in everything they do.
I can look at lust but I can't look at love. Very interesting.
I also did something I can't remember ever doing before. When I checked out sites where I can watch movies for free, instead of my usual minhag of "just checking" to see if there are any adult options, I stopped myself and didn't. Hope that's a reflection of something happening inside.

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 08 Jan 2010 14:12 #43781

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DAY 3
Also a breeze. Alone all day with computer, didn't even occur to me to use it for the wrong things.
Good Shabbos everyone!!

Re: Kollel Guy's 90 Days 08 Jan 2010 15:39 #43794

• stevec613
  • Current streak: 4942 days
  • Senior Boarder
To my Rebbi Kollel Guy

I learn so much from your posts.

Watching movies for someone in your state can be very dangerous.  Once you watch you put yourself into a nisayon.  It is important to  to avoid the nissayon all together.  Its easier to avoid watching movies altogether than to watch and look away at stimulating times. 

Additionally. the most potent way to fight the yetzer horah is to be lomaid torah.  The Yetzer Horah keeps you away from seder because he know that as long as he keeps you from limud torah that you are all his.  You can beat him by resuming your sedarim immediately. 

Hatlacha and good shabbos

Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes