Welcome, Guest

What worked for me
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What worked for me 267 Views

What worked for me 09 Dec 2020 02:50 #358443

• Issac
  • Current streak: 33 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi I'm Issac and it's been a while since I've posted.

I want to share the good news that I just hit 90 days clean.

More importantly I want to share how I did it. I have been in touch with an esteemed GYE chaver (Hashem Help Me) and he helped me figure out where my biggest nisayon was. We then set up a few safeguards. One was that I every time I got an a computer, I texted him "Going on" and then when I got off I texted him "Done" and (hopefully) kosher. This really helped even though it was sometimes tedious for me (I work) and probably for him.I didn't stick to this 100% in the beg and I wasn't 100% kosher then. When I realized that yes it's annoying and maybe feels weird but this is what can help me get clean, I stuck with it and it helped tremendously. Then, I got some more guts and was able to call him when I felt like I was about to act out and that really took me all the way.

My message is that I tried doing it alone with just some tips and chizuk here and there and I got "here and there" clean. When I really went all the way and committed to keeping in touch a few times a day that really helped me.  Thank you Hashem Help Me I couldn't have done it without you!

Let my mistakes empower me to succeed instead of pulling me down.

Re: What worked for me 09 Dec 2020 05:05 #358454

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Amazing. Tremendous chizuk.
Thank You!

Re: What worked for me 09 Dec 2020 05:15 #358455

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Check out the lichaim shteeble where we made a special toast in honor of your 90.

Re: What worked for me 09 Dec 2020 06:37 #358462

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for coming back on and sharing the great news!
Mazel tov!
Pleased come and check back more often.
Lechayim!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes