Welcome, Guest

My 90 day Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My 90 day Journey 949 Views

Re: My 90 day Journey 21 Aug 2020 17:07 #354077

• Guard1
  • Current streak: 163 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Wether it's addiction or simply excessive lusting, it's a gift from a Hachem, because in order to win this fight we have no other choice than surrendering and jumping into His arms.

At the end this can make us much much closer to Hachem than someone for who it's not even a struggle.

In fact, this is not a struggle, a malediction, an addiction or anything, it's just a tool among others to get closer to Hachem.

For some people, getting close to Hachem requires has vechalom health or parnassa issues, for us, it's the lust feelings.

And I think it's actually the best way to reach true connection with Hachem, because there is nothing for which we need Hachem more than this fight. It's a cheat code for true devekus. Either you surrender to Hachem, either your life will be messed up.

Also, I am not sure if it's the fact of having watched these movies which triggered those especially strong lust feelings, or if those feelings were already there, sleeping, just waiting for something to eat.

I personnaly think that the amount of lust feelings of a given person would be the same with or without exposition to p. films. It's just than the ones we call "addicts" got used to act and react to these lust feelings.

If p. films didn't exist, those "addicts" would have the same struggles with lust, but they wouldn't have the opportunity to act on it. So they would be forced to renounce and surrender and to give up on lust.

But in our modern world, we have a very easy way to act on lust, and so we don't surrender, because we think we can satisfy our lust appetite.

So to sum up, an addict has the same lust feeling as an non-addict. It's just that the one we call addict got used to act on these feelings, whereas the non-addict gave up on satisfying these feelings because there were simply no option for him to satisfy them.

It's much easier to give up on eating chocolate, if there is no chocolate.

So the key for us all on this website is to realize that what we call chocolate actually doesn't exist. Our brain chemicals think it's 100% real chocolate, we have to explain to them that it's not, it's empty.

I am not sure if I'm right, and if it makes sense but it seems conceivable to me

Re: My 90 day Journey 14 Dec 2020 17:32 #358669

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hows it goin buddy? Share with us what your going through. We are all in this together. We care about you. You can get through this.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes