Welcome, Guest

In the Moment of Temptation
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: In the Moment of Temptation 294 Views

In the Moment of Temptation 19 Jul 2020 22:23 #352756

• KoachCheshvan
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
Last night and parts of today, I have been feeling the "twinge"  of PMO temptation.  It was of the strength and type that would have normally overtaken me, but b"h, I was able to keep aware:

1). That the temptation with associated "thought track" was a manifestation of my addicted brain wanting to get its fix.

2). That to entertain ANY curiosity regarding the temptation was essentially assenting to it. (e.g.: seeing if I had any questionable pictures left on my computer or phone). 

3). That I really didn't want to succumb and I would feel terrible later if I had succumbed and I would have to update here to say that I had a fall.  I don't want to do that.     

There has been an on-and-off twinge today and I am anticipating some rough days ahead.  That is how it usually is.  When I resist the temptation, it lingers for a bit.                                                                                                                                                       

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 20 Jul 2020 01:51 #352762

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
It’s truly amazing accomplishment!

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 20 Jul 2020 19:40 #352779

Good job! I can relate to what you're saying. I'm on day 3, but it's so tough!                                   

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 21 Jul 2020 03:42 #352798

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey! 

I don't think I've met you before, so welcome if you are new! 

This is a really great post and thanks for sharing! 

It is interesting that you say the temptation lingers because I find that to be more so the case when I actually fall, but when it was just a close call the lingering is much much shorter. Sometimes I would even get chizzuk from overcoming it, but I guess there are other times that maybe are more in line with what you are saying. 

Either way - Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your insights! 

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 22 Jul 2020 02:28 #352854

• KoachCheshvan
  • Senior Boarder
No, I agree with you.  It is much harder to get back on track after a fall.  I have never been able to just have the one fall and then get right back on track.  But sometimes I find that when my urge is of a strong variety, it can last on-and-off for a few days.

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 22 Jul 2020 02:37 #352855

• KoachCheshvan
  • Senior Boarder
There has been on-and-off twinge temptation, and I have been fighting it by reminding myself that it is not me who wants to act out but my addicted brain.

I have found something else that has been helping a lot.  When I have been in the moment of temptation, I put on the Superman March from Superman the Movie.  I then visualize myself as Superman like when I was a child and would daydream and fantasize that I was my favorite superhero.  And it has worked to not only feel good but it gets me out of those addictive thoughts and the associated emotions.  

Re: In the Moment of Temptation 22 Jul 2020 03:05 #352856

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I must say there is no one in the world more superman than someone fighting his urges! 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes