Welcome, Guest

Victory after Victory
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Victory after Victory 780 Views

Re: Victory after Victory 18 Jun 2020 02:46 #351440

• zookeeper
  • Current streak: 123 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Fell again.Pretty bad. Don't know what to do again. Managed to get rid of the particular device I used last 2 times, but need help.

Re: Victory after Victory 18 Jun 2020 14:14 #351467

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Hey there fellow,
Welcome to GYE, first big shkoiach for coming in here and opening up, that's the first step. We can have the best filters in the world, but ultimately, we're the ones who have to change. Like you implied, a filter is there only to stall us, to perhaps, give us enough time to think twice before we do something wrong, since they're all bypassable and you could always come across an unfiltered device. Many of us could even act out without any p*rn C"V. What has really been helping me and what I suggest everyone is 12 steps. To get a bit more practical, the ideal thing is to go to meetings, second best is phone conference, but something that could be worked out, perhaps by yourself, for some time at least is surrender.
Have you let go of lust, internally? Lust is the enemy, the extra look to an immodestly dressed woman, ad, or whatever. The extra lingering on the bad thoughts. Lust is poison. You will be ten times happier, less anxious and energized when you abandon it. We tend to think, we need it, and we can't do without it. But it's only the YH talking. Try as much as you can to let go of lust, each time a "challenge" appears. No one expects us to be a tzadik and not think or look at forbidden stuff. Sometimes it's even "oynes", a woman just comes up in the street into your line of sight. But it is expected of us that as soon as we recognize, hey this is not good stuff for me, you look away or think another thought. That much, not only we can do, but we ought to. That being said, it's very hard, at least in the first few days to do this, since the images may be so ingrained it's tough. Getting even more practical I'd also suggest you take notes on how you fall and control the circumstances. Is it in the morning, is it at night? Is it when you're alone? Depressed? What's within your control to change in your environment, routine, etc? I always say this, sorry for repeating to others who already saw me post this but it's the most practical example I can think of, in my case it's the phone in the bathroom. There's a high chance I'll act out if I bring the phone into the bathroom, therefore I always leave the phone out of the bathroom before going into it. It's also a part of the surrender process I spoke of. I really don't want lust in my life, so it's really a small sacrifice (not reading the news in the bathroom or play a stupid game in the phone) for a huge gain (a life worth living). If you're always exposed to the same unfavorable circumstances, you are guaranteed to fail. But by changing the circumstances, it's a new game, which you can win.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2020 14:17 by Snowflake.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes