Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Count 30 days 372 Views

Count 30 days 31 May 2020 09:06 #350574

• jnw
  • Fresh Boarder
This past month I was 26 days clean almost a full month. It happens to be that the yetzer got to me, especially after shavous when just had accepted the torah. I think that counting 90 days straight is a very big number in your mind to say I'm going to be clean now until 3 months from now. I felt that if you take it month by month count 30 days and see if you can make that, and then another 30...until you have reach 90+ days. This is chizuk for me in that despite that I just fell, yet I pushed so far for basically a month, and now it's time not to give all that hard work up because of one fall. Now is the time to push another 30 days.....
Last Edit: 31 May 2020 13:13 by jnw.

Re: Count 30 days 31 May 2020 11:03 #350575

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
For some of us (or most, not sure exactly) even 30 days is too much to think about. 

The 90 day goal is a fancy scientific thing, changing your brain patterns, blah blah blah. It is what it is, but for me, it only works when it is in the background.

Every day is an accomplishment. Besides for the obvious benefit of being clean, the more we train ourselves not to chase after physical pleasure as a life mission, even if we sometimes fall, with every "no" we begin to rewire ourselves. 

One day at a time?

Do we ever overcome our Yetzer Harah completely?
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Count 30 days 31 May 2020 13:41 #350577

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone once came to the Chafetz Chaim z"l to complain that the Yetzer Hara does not give him rest. The Chafetz Chaim told him that's a great sign! The day that the Yetzer Hara will give you rest, you'll have no reason to be on this world any more. We live on this world to be challenged and overcome the battles with Hashem's help. 

One nisayon at a time!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Count 30 days 31 May 2020 17:52 #350590

• smileyjunior
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow.....as someone who just joined the program, I'm jealous of your confidence. May we all be able to jump right back into it.

Re: Count 30 days 31 May 2020 18:35 #350592

Dear JNW,

I want to say that even one day is a win as it is work you put in to the process and no fall can take away or wipe away the  work you put in, lessons learned, and information you possess to make it next time to 27 and more. 

This is truly a 1 day at a time as it is the simplest way to go about this. 
You got this!

-What can you avoid next time?
-What resources do you have at your disposal for both preventive and  on the spot measures to make it past the current test?
-Who in your life can you be inspired by, learn from, and talk to about this besides the wonderful people of GYE?
-What is the cost and benefit from the fall and how can you remember to keep that in mind next time you are at the edge of falling again?

Know you are supported here and know that you are not alone. You are a normal guy taking upon himself to work on a very normal challenge we all face and to that good sir I tip my virtual hat to you!

Keep us posted and Hatzlacha!

Re: Count 30 days 11 Jun 2020 05:16 #351043

• jnw
  • Fresh Boarder
Just wanted to let you guys know so far I am a week clean!!!!!! Thanks for all your chizuk. Keep it coming.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes