Welcome, Guest

Steve's Journal
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Steve's Journal 31513 Views

Re: Steve's Journal 17 Dec 2014 05:21 #245270

• cordnoy
Steve wrote:
Oh, boy... I don't believe this....

I went out for a chanukah lunch with my wife & family, and WAMMO! first I see a woman I used to eyeball years ago, and had to fight blue-tooth n' nail to avoid taking a second look; THEN some lady with a bunch of young, yeshivishe kids, who thinks it's appropriate to dress in tight, attractive clothes and with foxy makeup and sheitel, several layers of neclaces and jewelry (I mean, it's a family PIZZA shop, for goodness sakes!) has to lean over our table and ask if she can have it after us, so now I got a two front war going on in my head; THEN the first lady comes over to us to shmooze with my wife, and has to stand right in front of me!

B"H I avoided second looks, but I haven't had to fight so hard in WEEKS!! I think it's the Satan's way of telling me "welcome to the club" of the 90-day mountain climbers. Or maybe he's telling me not to think myself such a big shot when I give everybody else advice about shmiras eiynayimn, to remember I'll ALWAYS be as vulnerable as the next guy.

Do any ladies out there have the nerve to give mussar to these kiind of dressers? Don't they realize what kind of a nesayon they put the rest of us thru? Their husbands are not there, so who the heck are they dressing like that for??!!

I was once out to breakfast, BREAKFAST!, with my wife when a kollel wife sat down across the isle from us with a friend, and crossed her legs with mammash a side slit up to her thigh, while her socks stopped below the knee. My YH really had a good time, but i was so embarrassed for my wife's sake that I really wanted to give her mussar, and I told my wife I wanted to say to her "Thanx for the peek, Sweety", but my wife stopped me. She didn't want our family blacklisted.

I thank HKB"H daily that my daughters have learned from my wonderful wife, how to dress well but zniyusly, and to be proud of themselves for dressing as a Bas Melech (Hashem, NOT me...), and not feel repressed at all. Of course, the lifelong goal is to NOT look down at the others as PEOPLE, but only on their actions, but that's another struggle for another time...

Anyway, it's good to be out of the war zone and back at work. But Day 4 is draggin out. We might take the kids bowling tonite after dinner. How am I gonna handle THAT?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I never knew that Steve was so hilarious; makes me wanna read his entire journal.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Feb 2015 00:02 #248029

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
HI Cordnoy (an' ev'rybody else),

Just revisiting the Forum for a mo' after updated my profile a little - they had me down as 21 years old! I wish I was that young again, with all that stamina, but WITHOUT the addiction that unbeknownst to me was running and ruining my life at that age.

It's true what we say in the 12-Step programs - "I wouldn't trade my worst day in Recovery for my best day in addiction." I know I would NOT go back there given the choice, if it means going back to that way of living.

Anyway, it's funny you brought up that old post (5 years old, actually) from the first week of this thread. At that time (Dec 2009) the comment about women being or needing to be aware of how their fashion choices trigger us caused quite a stir. There was no mechitza then between the mens and women's forums (in fact, there was only one forum, not two), and there were some very eye-openning posts by the heilege GYE women (and men with better clarity than i had then) about the issue.

I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO READ THRU THE REPLY POSTS TO THIS ONE, BACK IN THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF THIS THREAD. It's better not to take entry this out out context. I think the messages there need to be taken to heart by all us men.

As Bards said, "She may be a problem, but she's not YOUR problem." I was wrong of me to place the blame for my behavior and thoughts on someone else. My whole problem is an "inner ear problem" - problem is between my ears.

When I say "oh, SHE made me lust after her," I am blaming her for my reaction; "oh, HE made me angry," takes away MY responsibility for my actions/reactions and places it on them. But the word "responsibility" really comes from "response ability". By blaming them, I have GIVEN AWAY my power, my "ability to (chose how to) respond." I need to take back and face my 'response ability", because ultimately, the only one I can change is myself.

As we say, Hashem is the one who put her there, the 'first look" is on HIS cheshvon (that's when merely i notice she exists). The "second look" is on MY cheshvon, I can chose to see her as another choshuveh tzelem elokim, an human being of value, and not turn on my 'lust engine."

The only way i was able to learn to get back my "response ability" was thru the 12 Step program of recovery.

On the 8:30am conf call we are completing Step 9 this weekend, and moving into Steps 10 and 11 this week. Then about 2 weeks more we will finish this 13th cycle and celebrate the Bar Mitzvah of the Conf calls! The next cycle will either begin between Purim and Pesach, or right after Pesach. So stay tuned and join us by then!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Steve's Journal 02 Feb 2015 00:23 #248032

• cordnoy
Thanks so much for checkin' in and updatin', and thanks for all that you do for the calls.

Keep it up.

b'hatzlachah

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Steve's Journal 01 Dec 2015 12:48 #269997

• cordnoy
This thread should be read.
Nice posts about real recovery.

Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes