Welcome, Guest

A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 2423 Views

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 14 Oct 2020 15:55 #356186

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Keep up the good work. Can you share what Rabbi Weinberger did for you? Maybe it can help others as well.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 14 Oct 2020 18:36 #356198

• NachalNovea
  • Junior Boarder

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 23 Nov 2020 02:30 #357688

• NachalNovea
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Holy Chevra,

Smiling as I type this because I'm here to fight another day. 
So if you read previous posts, I made some crazy strides, streaks that are longer than anytime since high school. It was the best feeling ever, then I met an amazing girl, got engaged. Our wedding is in 50 days.

Here is where the crazy starts, I come from a very big & wholesome + loving family. My kallah comes from a smaller, but still loving family. 

The mother has a personality disorder. 

It causes a tremendous amount of stress, and along with work, being engaged, wedding stuff, I crashed.

I crashed once. then again. then again. 
Currently on day zero. 

I was really excited for not telling her about this struggle, since I really thought after I broke 90 days, that I was good. And I was controlling it instead of the other way around.

It's really good bc her family is out of town PLUS the father is such a good guy. The mom just really has issues.
I'm really excited about getting married - really excited about life and all that. Really worried about her mom & possible effects it could have on us.

I think it will be ok, my personality is baruch hashem not one to be swept under the rug.
Most important thing is our relationship & my relationship with hashem (maybe a cross section of all of that)

Rant Over - HASHEM HELP ME - EIN SHUM YEI'USH B'OLAM KLAL

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 23 Nov 2020 03:03 #357691

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 23 Nov 2020 06:41 #357708

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov!! 

Just remember that you are in control. Yes, life is stressful now. And you'll get used to winning even with this extra hurdle. In the meantime, don't let the falls get you. You are marrying an amazing girl and you have plenty to look forward to in life. Keep on trucking! 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 24 Nov 2020 03:13 #357745

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Iyh you will go to your chupa clean and healthy and with yishuv ha'daas.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 25 Nov 2020 04:12 #357787

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! It is a GYE family simcha and don't forgot about us!

We are here if you ever want the chizzuk and keep shteiging! 

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 05 Jan 2021 00:19 #360535

• NachalNovea
  • Junior Boarder
Shalom!!

WEDDING IN 6 DAYS!

In 6 days I will also be at level 6 (50 days clean)

It's such hashgocha, 
mamesh the bigger yasher koach to all of you (you all can come to my aufruf this shabbos - dm for deets).

Obviously as my last posts have said, R' Weinberger, chassidus, filters, all came together as beast reinforcements in this battle. We definitely won the battle, but as the commander, I know this is still a war!

There were also some days where I was so close to falling, it was out of control.
Yetzer hara for sure wasn't even looking bc it was so close to a definite fall. THEN BOOM!!!

I felt like I ran the Yeitzer Hara over with a tank, blew him up tremendously!

I won, we won. I can cry. It's the best feeling ever.
thank you!

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 05 Jan 2021 04:52 #360564

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It should be with lots of Mazel! Please daven for all of us working on this challenge! 

Also, don't forget about us and come back to visit and update us even as a yungerman.

Re: A Huge Yasher Koach for 22 Days! 05 Jan 2021 14:41 #360603

• NachalNovea
  • Junior Boarder
Of course - from what I know & felt, will still be a battle - war is not over!

We will all persevere though. R Weinberger likes to say, think of anyone who matters to us - it's jeopardizing that relationship. Then take that one step further and realize that hashem - who loves us truly the most, want's to have a quality relationship & when we fall, or give in, he is hurt.

We would never want to do that.

Obviously there is never a break in that relationship, it is on us to come close.

Love to all
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes