Welcome, Guest

Day 3: You never HAVE to act out
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day 3: You never HAVE to act out 209 Views

Day 3: You never HAVE to act out 19 Apr 2020 07:35 #348469

• Guardian
  • Junior Boarder
It seems that many times the Yetzer Hara will get you to act out by telling you that in a certain sense you don't have a choice. Even if you can hold out for a hours you won't be able to hold out forever. At some point, you will break and therefore you might as well break now rather than later. At least after you break now you can get the thoughts out of your head and be productive again. At the moment of behira this can feel like a solid argument and I find myself falling for it quite often. 

The mistake in this argument is that you don't HAVE to fall. You never HAVE to act out. Nothing is going to happen if you don't. You are not going to die. You might be uncomfortable but you won't die. Tie a person to a chair and you will see nothing happens to them. So there is no argument in "I HAVE to act out". If you simply wait you will still be there but the urge won't. 

By the way, the same goes for all negative urges.

Re: Day 3: You never HAVE to act out 19 Apr 2020 08:40 #348471

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Guardian, welcome aboard! Your posts are really inspiring!

May you have a lot of hatzlacha in this epic battle. 

It might be helpful to put all your posts under one thread so that other people can follow your journey and be inspired.

Keep posting and maybe share a little background of yourself and your struggles.

Hope to hear mostly good news from you and often too.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Day 3: You never HAVE to act out 19 Apr 2020 09:43 #348474

• Guardian
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you willnevergiveup!

I appreciate it, 

I will do both those things, 

By the way, how do I make all most posts in one thread?
I am a little new to all this.
Do I just make one post and just reply to it whenever I want to make a another one?

Thanks!
Guardian

Re: Day 3: You never HAVE to act out 19 Apr 2020 09:55 #348476

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Either rename or start a new thread with a title that summarizes your story and whenever you want to post something press "reply topic".
All the best.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes