Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member 253 Views

New Member 30 Mar 2020 13:56 #348171

• Sassov
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I would like to introduce myself as Sassov and say I am excited about joining the 90-day program. I have been frustrated for a long time that I cannot make it to 90 days clean, or even close to there. The current COVID crisis has made me think a great deal about myself, my family, and my Avodas Hashem. I do not want to ignore this opportunity to make it to 90 days clean.

I chose my username, Sassov, based on my heritage. My parents are baalei teshuvah, but the last known frum relative in our family was my great, great grandfather, R' Yoel A'H, a Sassover chassid, baal habas, and talmid chochom close with the Sassover rebbe in Ukraine. In his zechus, I pray that I merit to grow. 

Re: New Member 30 Mar 2020 14:33 #348174

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

Hashem tells us, His beloved children, ״I created the yeitzer hora; I created Torah as its antidote, ״ (Kiddushin, 30b). The Mesilas Yesharim observes that if Torah is the remedy which Hashem prescribed, then that’s final. Success will not be possible without it. Torah learning releases profound powers, sheltering the learner from sin. The more involvement in Torah learning, the higher the level of protection .

Anyone, anywhere need only draw out the appropriate tool to deal with the present nisayon.  We Yidden always have the powerful weapon of tefillah available in our arsenal. When feeling overwhelmed by the yeitzer hora, we can plead to Hashem in our own heartfelt words to save us, His beloved children, from this monstrous attacker. Help may not arrive that very instant, but we need to keep on davening. It feels like a compelling force of demonic proportions, but Hashem can save us from undesired pleasure.

Let’s remember that Hashem wants to help us more than we want to be helped. And when we contemplate the nisyonos that bombard our brethren the world over, no doubt we will have them in mind in our tefillos, too. 

Rav Yitzchok Silberstein heard from the Taharas Hakodesh that simply turning one’s eyes away from the unsuitable welcomes in the Shechina. This person’s essence now comes close to Hashem, so to speak. Utilize this golden moment of eis ratzon and whisper a tefillah for all the things one wants in life. This is hinted at in the words, ישועת השם כהרף עין - The help of Hashem comes swiftly like the blink of an eye. 

Now at the climax of our history, ushering in the Mashiach era, Hashem wants to present us with the full force of 50 levels of kedusha. We are therefore witness today to an entirely new ball game. Permission has been granted to the denizens of the netherworld to thrust a final fling of the 50th level of pritzus full force into our faces. After Matan Torah, with the Torah as our arsenal, we are able to tackle every last bit of the fight – until we vanquish the reign of evil. With our souls fortified with Torah, we are capable of reaching and receiving the zenith of kedusha.

Now we’re on the last lap of our journey, amidst the ever-quickening pace of Ikvesa D’Meshicha. We hear an unprecedented note of urgency – the corollary being that whoever lets themselves be swayed, even if they survived and succeeded in climbing up the previous rungs, will be caught and trapped by the 50th degree of impurity. But whoever is determined to combat the mighty pull of the dragnet is thereby hacking down the imprisoning walls of tumah and developing great stamina in the process.

This continues until the moment when our spiritually powerful arms will pry open the gates for Mashiach to arrive amidst the full 50 degrees of our hard-earned kedusha.  

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: New Member 31 Mar 2020 04:13 #348186

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!! That is a beautiful reason for you name!

These forums are a really great tool to help overcome this challenge, but the key is to come back, log your progress, and share your experience! 

Hatzlacha!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes