Welcome, Guest

Loosing the luster
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Loosing the luster 5647 Views

Re: Loosing the luster 30 Sep 2020 18:48 #355644

Hiya,

It seems to me a fair few of us are slipping (myself included, been doing it all day, toeing the line) at the moment. I think its a post Yom Kippur thing - almost like, 'right, we did well enough, lets give it a break.' Plus the yetzer appears to work overtime around about now.

So yeh, try and increase social interaction if that helps. I'm just adding there may be a time element there as well.

Stay strong.

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Loosing the luster 30 Sep 2020 22:46 #355659

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Jj123 wrote on 30 Sep 2020 12:59:
I really need to stop with this behavior or it's just a matter of time before I fall...

This is true that you may need to stop this behavior but don't say it's just a matter of time until you fall. There is a way out, another option. There is a way for this to end that isn't a fall.
I fall into this trap often when I start to slip, I freak out, oh my gosh, the only way this is going to end is with a fall. But I have learned that this is not the case, there is another way. Of the two options it's definitely the more difficult one, but it is an option.

Don't fall into the trap thinking that there is only one way out, because there is a tried and true second option that works and the end result is not a fall.

Don't give in and don't give up.

All the best,
Wilnevergiveup 
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Loosing the luster 01 Oct 2020 03:25 #355665

Jj123 wrote on 30 Sep 2020 12:59:
Just slipped badly. I felt like I can't give in and I can't not give in at the same time. Was able to ride it through, but just barely.
I really need to stop with this behavior or it's just a matter of time before I fall...

Sometimes I hate this. 

I can relate to this feeling. I think you are right that you need to stop slipping. Maybe sharing specifically how you are slipping (either here on the forum, or with someone privately) will be helpful to you.

I found that sometimes when I started slipping, I stopped myself but then started slipping again later that day or the next. I think this was because it was like I was on a see-saw with the YH. I would stop slipping, came back to earth so to speak, and the YH was up in the air, removed. However, I still slipped soon after because I stayed on the see-saw. I was still playing the game. To stop the slipping cycle I needed to realize that it isn't getting lifted in the air (falling) that is the problem, it's staying on the darn see-saw. Sorry for the silly example, but maybe on some off-chance it is helpful to you or someone else. 

Also, YES! Being social is the most powerful antidote to this. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Loosing the luster 01 Oct 2020 14:13 #355687

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Definitely I've been slipping too.
I feel like it's a post YK thing but also a "streak" thing. After a while you think you can just let go of the rudder of the ship and it will just go on auto pilot lol. Nothing could be further from the truth, the YH is eager to assume command and veer the ship off track.
Best antidote is to keep comin' back here and trying to up the ante against the YH, i.e. more hidurim, tools and what not.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes