Welcome, Guest

Making it happen
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Making it happen 10624 Views

Re: Making it happen 02 Dec 2019 00:16 #345656

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Day 48 First thing I do is go on this forum. 
Than get out of the situation, go distract yourself. Music, whatever you love doing. 

Re: Making it happen 03 Dec 2019 21:25 #345703

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 49 No one said life is easy. Realize all you you have, and how grateful you should be. This challenge is part of your mission, show the boss you can get it done.  

Re: Making it happen 04 Dec 2019 18:22 #345738

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 50 Yes I can! X 50

Re: Making it happen 06 Dec 2019 06:35 #345798

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 52 I was thinking recently about how much good is in my life. If you think about your family, your health, your livelihood there is much to be grateful for. God truly loves each one of us.

I think this can help, when at times we ask why am I struggling with this. Why do I have this challenge?

By realizing how much god gives us, we can understand how a challenge is for our own good. 
Even if we don’t always pass the test- it makes us grow better and stronger.

And don’t underestimate the Yetzer Hara, he’s got many tactics and been around a while. 

Good luck,

iwillnevergiveup

Re: Making it happen 06 Dec 2019 14:17 #345805

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
your posts are a great inspiration to many! keep it up and may you have success in reaching 90 days, then 1000 day and then eternity!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2019 14:18 by davidt.

Re: Making it happen 08 Dec 2019 03:09 #345824

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 54 on Friday,the Yetzer Hara tested me in way I couldn’t control.  I know now that sometimes the test is moving beyond the challenge and not reacting to it. Shabbos went well, and Thank god i’m still clean. 

Re: Making it happen 12 Dec 2019 00:21 #345904

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 58 Some things don't work as planned, and that can cause you to be less productive, more stressed and easier to fall. The things you do everyday are important and have an effect on your struggles. Be conscious of yourself. Today was great. 

Re: Making it happen 15 Dec 2019 00:50 #345938

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 61 Firstly I crossed the  2 month mark, thank you to all who post, and read mine. All of you help inspire me to keep going and when I see you read my posts it makes want to continue writing. 
This fight is truly the hardest and longest challenge of my life, but as see how far I’ve come it proves to me how a person can do anything in the world if he tries hard enough. And if hashem gave me the challenge- he knows I CAN pass it. 
The Yetzer Hara keeps trying to throw different curve balls as he sees me winning for this long, but I fight to win. So there is no turning back and if I do trip and fall I get back up and keep pushing. 

Re: Making it happen 15 Dec 2019 00:54 #345939

• Mark18
  • Current streak: 120 days
  • Banned
iwillnevergiveup wrote on 15 Dec 2019 00:50:
Day 61 Firstly I crossed the  2 month mark, thank you to all who post, and read mine. All of you help inspire me to keep going and when I see you read my posts it makes want to continue writing. 
This fight is truly the hardest and longest challenge of my life, but as see how far I’ve come it proves to me how a person can do anything in the world if he tries hard enough. And if hashem gave me the challenge- he knows I CAN pass it. 
The Yetzer Hara keeps trying to throw different curve balls as he sees me winning for this long, but I fight to win. So there is no turning back and if I do trip and fall I get back up and keep pushing. 

Remember a real tzadik is someone who falls and gets up again again and again thats what makes him a tzadik. The same is true for a shomer habris you are still a shomer habris even if you fall as long as you keep getting up and fighting

Re: Making it happen 15 Dec 2019 00:56 #345940

• Mark18
  • Current streak: 120 days
  • Banned
Mark18 wrote on 15 Dec 2019 00:54:

iwillnevergiveup wrote on 15 Dec 2019 00:50:

Remember a real tzadik is someone who falls and gets up again again and again thats what makes him a tzadik. The same is true for a shomer habris you are still a shomer habris even if you fall as long as you keep getting up and fighting

Im holding at 45+ days and its a fight every day

Re: Making it happen 15 Dec 2019 19:48 #345968

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Mark18 wrote on 15 Dec 2019 00:54:
Im holding at 45+ days and its a fight every day

The numerical value of Adam (אדם) is 45 
​A man is more than an animal because he has the ability (with hashems help) to overcome his temptations. 
Keep it up and keep us posted on your great progress.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2019 19:49 by davidt.

Re: Making it happen 17 Dec 2019 05:29 #346015

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 63 Everyday, is either going up or going down. Always focus on how you can
grow.  Today went well. Let’s keep the momentum. 

Re: Making it happen 18 Dec 2019 05:49 #346037

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 64 Always try your best, and than a drop more and more. So you did it! Meaning you could do it and you don’t regret the effort. Point is you’re capable of doing a lot more than you may think. 

Re: Making it happen 19 Dec 2019 19:53 #346083

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 65 It’s not all or nothing. 
Daily boost R Schaifer so true.  

Re: Making it happen 20 Dec 2019 13:03 #346102

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iwillnevergiveup wrote on 19 Dec 2019 19:53:
Day 65 It’s not all or nothing. 
Daily boost R Schaifer so true.  

R' Shafier series "The Fight" is what helped saved me.  Believe it or not, I've listen to that series probably close to 15 times over a period of three years.  Listening to that series gave me so much chizuk and hope in this struggle.
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2019 13:03 by dave m.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes