Welcome, Guest

Making it happen
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Making it happen 10625 Views

Re: Making it happen 13 Nov 2019 06:01 #345110

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Day 29 Today was a rough day in general. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Also it is a full month of being clean. Of growing, of learning how to say no. 

Re: Making it happen 13 Nov 2019 12:24 #345111

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
iwillnevergiveup wrote on 13 Nov 2019 06:01:
Day 29 Today was a rough day in general. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Also it is a full month of being clean. Of growing, of learning how to say no. 

Withdrawal at this point is normal and expected. Just keep doing what you are doing. B'ezras Hashem, the severity of the urges will diminish as more time goes on and as the images in the memory slowly fade. You are a great inspiration. Hatzlocha and keep posting.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Making it happen 15 Nov 2019 15:28 #345164

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 31 So definitely had stressful last few days (unrelated to..) but of course that makes everything harder. 
Either today is a 30 day celebration party but I can’t really invite anyone. 

Re: Making it happen 17 Nov 2019 06:25 #345173

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 33 A new week just started. Who knows what will happen.  But I know what will Not happen. I will fight (harder than last week), and make it awesome. 

Re: Making it happen 19 Nov 2019 05:49 #345224

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 35 Make a list of all the things you want accomplish today. Than check them off as you do them, it’ll help you become more organized and get more done. That means feeling better about yourself than in the past. That means doing more good for others. It’ll keep you out of trouble. Today was a good day, thank you hashem. To whoever is out there struggling today there is hope, it’s not easy but I promise you, you could get there FIGHT ON.

Good luck,
iwillnevergiveup

Re: Making it happen 20 Nov 2019 03:02 #345241

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 36
2 x חי there life,
and then there’s LIFE. 
The more effort you put in the better it gets. 

Re: Making it happen 22 Nov 2019 00:19 #345298

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 37 Thank you hashem for everything. Challenges are to make us better people. It makes us work on ourselves and isn’t supposed to be easy. 

Re: Making it happen 22 Nov 2019 00:23 #345299

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 38 My “taphsic” expired today. 
I will make a new one and hopefully continue to grow. 

Re: Making it happen 24 Nov 2019 00:18 #345323

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 40 I definitely see progress in desire. But need to work on Shmiras einayim in general. I don’t focus on looking away from “regular” day to day in the street... things, that I shouldn’t be looking at. This week I will put in extra effort to work on this specific point. 
Make it a great and productive week. 

Good luck to all,
Iwillnevergiveup 

Re: Making it happen 25 Nov 2019 06:21 #345363

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 41 Did not properly focus on what I said I would. Tomorrow is a new day I will put in more effort. 

Re: Making it happen 26 Nov 2019 04:55 #345403

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 42 Did a little better, got rid of some obstacles I knew could trip me up.  But than later on in the day didn’t look away when I should have. As a result I will watch some vids about overcoming desire to help the process. 

Re: Making it happen 27 Nov 2019 19:42 #345506

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 43 Sometimes other unrelated factors in life that you “let go of a little” have affect on this fight. I see how important it is keep up schedules and exercise everyday no matter what. 

Fight on. 

Re: Making it happen 27 Nov 2019 20:10 #345510

• Mark18
  • Current streak: 120 days
  • Banned
50 days! Incredible! I'll take a brocha from you for myself to go that far and beyond im clean 3+ weeks and every day (minute-hour-second) is a tremendous struggle. Even though ive been with my wife numerous times this week and last the strong sometimes overwhelming desire for the pleasure of masturbating is a constant  major struggle. Big yasher koach on your accomplishment. It gives me and all of your brothers here tremendous chizuk.

Re: Making it happen 01 Dec 2019 06:01 #345632

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Expert Boarder
Day 47 I’m taking this opportunity of halfway of the 90 day journey to recap and share what can hopefully help you too.

Its not the first time I’m at this point, but I feel like this time is different. I’ve proven to myself I don’t need to do certain things and over time the desire has down tremendously.

The 3 most important tools that truly helped me was going on this forum, a 3 x daily regimen of inspiration Morning, afternoon, and night. And just getting back up after a fall. 

I watch the boost in morning, a vid from R Schafer in the afternoon, and an article at night. This kept my number priority constantly on mind especially during the first couple months of this fight.

If you believe you can’t get past this, I did and so can you. I went from 7 days clean than 10 and than a month and slowly proved myself how life is possible without certain things. 

When you fall get up and move on - don’t think about till you 2 days clean, than you’ll go back and regret it. Learn to understand how the 3 days in between when you were clean still count even though you fell afterwards. 

Exercise everyday, make yourself a busy schedule and a “go to thing” when the desire overtakes you. 

You could get over this if you fight long enough, it will take a few months it’s not easy, but it’s possible I promise you.

Never ever give up, it’s the yetzer hara’s way of taking one thing you did wrong and turning it into 5. 

One day at a time, let everyone see your  “days” go up, and start your own thread. Just start writing don’t over think it. 

Iwillnevergiveup
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020 06:12 by iwillnevergiveup. Reason: Id

Re: Making it happen 01 Dec 2019 09:58 #345636

• farblunjet
  • Expert Boarder

and a “go to thing” when the desire overtakes you.

can you share what your "go to thing" is, or do you have any suggestions?
Longest clean streak: 11 days
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes