Welcome, Guest

Once and for all
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Once and for all 13874 Views

Re: Once and for all 03 Oct 2019 19:08 #343967

• Onceandforall
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Senior Boarder

Hi Dave M

thanks for posting this! I did see this post when you put it up last week and it was really special to see. I’m amazed at the power of someone’s words and the affect they can have another. So thank you for letting me know.

The past sat couple of months have been rough with trying to get out of my slipping and I couldn’t get myself into the right mindset to just STOP.

BH, the last week or so has been good and I have stayed clean. I am just taking it day by day right now. I don’t feel like I can post like I did before although I know I should even if I fall again. Maybe after a little more of staying clean and feeling better about the struggle.

I have recommitted to not watching movies/tv as well. Thanks for the advice

Re: Once and for all 03 Oct 2019 19:52 #343969

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So nice to hear from you again!  Gmar Chasima tova

Re: Once and for all 13 Oct 2019 04:55 #344182

• Onceandforall
  • Senior Boarder
I feel extremely hopeless right now. I keep trying and keep falling. I need more help. I wish that I had something better to post

Re: Once and for all 16 Oct 2019 13:38 #344202

• dave m
  • Platinum Boarder
It's great that you posted that.  Takes a lot of courage.  Why do you think you keep falling?  Are there any practical steps that you can take to put up stronger gadarim, such as a better filter?

Keep in mind that on the journey to recovery that will be alot of ups and downs.  As long as you don't give up, and keep trying, it will get easier, I"H.  Please keep posting.  A Gut Moed

Re: Once and for all 17 Oct 2019 21:52 #344240

• Onceandforall
  • Senior Boarder
The problem now is really my mindset. I think I’m at the point right now where I don’t want to quit as much as my yetzer hara wants to act out. 

During my last almost 30 days (which was by far the best feeling I had about this fight and longest I went clean) I had a much stronger will to quit. That will helped me overcome all the crazy urges ...

whats the soultion? Or is it just to fight harder with more resources. I get inspired to keep fighting and getting back up on and off over the past two weeks and am somewhat successful in the beginning and than a strong urge beats me down and give up

Re: Once and for all 28 Feb 2020 17:40 #347628

• Onceandforall
  • Senior Boarder
Baruch HaShem, I am 2 weeks clean today. I am extremely thankful to HaShem and all of those here that have continued to help me even when I have been down a little over the past months. I just read through the whole post of @Kedusha who is at 3900 days and counting.

Wowza!!! 

good shabbos all. I have missed you 

Re: Once and for all 28 Feb 2020 17:50 #347629

• dave m
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats great to hear!  It's nice to see you posting again. 

Re: Once and for all 01 Mar 2020 01:05 #347639

• iwillnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Great to have you back!
Keep it up,

Iwillnevergiveup 
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes