Welcome, Guest

90 Day Challenge
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 Day Challenge 5287 Views

Re: 90 Day Challenge 20 May 2019 18:12 #341316

• otr-otr
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
rolemodel wrote on 05 Apr 2019 01:44:
The previous post was reply to @doingtsuva

@OTR
Sorry to hear that. And to answer your question, I do enjoy being clean because I have been able to do some things each day that I never had time for before but that I really wanted to do and I have G-d on my side. And ideally I do want to stay clean like this forever and lead an addiction-free life. But the truth is that I don't think it's possible. You know, I didnt think it was even possible to go more than a week maximum, but 8 days ago I had a sudden feeling of empowerment after being on r/nofap and reading all the science about this stuff so I just went cold turkey and committed to being clean for 90 days! But the key is that in the moment I felt that I could achieve 90 days so I committed to it. And since I believed in myself then, I know that I can complete my challenge. But I never believed in myself for more than 90 days, and until I feel that empowerment, it is not something I can achieve. And I'm not sure if I ever will feel this empowerment but if I do, then I may commit to longer than 90 days.

Hye Bud keep it up. Sounds like you are doing well and happy. That is the main thing in recovery it seems- to feel happy. I noticed some times when you felt unproductive in your earlier posts. That is par for the course for us around here. And the more you feel good about being sober, the more you'll likely stay sober. 

Keep on Monstuh Smiling!
  • I've never been one for signatures.. but sometimes people change
  • I'm seeking the life that I find manageable which may not be the life you find manageable. But let's make a deal. I want you to find yours and you want me to find mine even if they are different.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes