Welcome, Guest

Road to 90 days - my daily log
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Road to 90 days - my daily log 7510 Views

Re: Road to 90 days - my daily log 07 Apr 2019 12:48 #340444

• growup
  • Gold Boarder
woww your amazing thats all i can say it reminds me of the story with i think reb elchonon who, when the nazis made him go through a line of two rows of soldiers hitting him with clubs he stopped and bent down to get his yarmulka and got back up.

You keep writing and falling and writing - how do you keep in such good shape? some of us (old me included) would keep falling untill there no inspiration left. So, my suggestion is o try to think of a way to tacle this challenge from far away - meaning to think of tactics to keep away from pitfalls good luck 

Re: Road to 90 days - my daily log 11 Apr 2019 03:06 #340527

• bonobo
I've unfortunately had another fall... this was a really hard week and I think I just collapsed. onward

Re: Road to 90 days - my daily log 12 Apr 2019 13:53 #340552

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bonobo

Try to work out why you fall.
Is it stress, lust, depression etc?
It might be a different reason at a different time.

Only by understanding that can you put together a long-term plan.

Try to practice mindfulness...where the urge to fall is regarded as a thought, but just a thought, and you can allow that thought to float away like a cloud int he wind.
Last Edit: 12 Apr 2019 13:54 by ColinColin.

Re: Road to 90 days - my daily log 12 Apr 2019 19:05 #340559

• bonobo
Just as a response to ur point. I'm pretty sure its a combination of stress, boredom, and procrastination, at least that's what Ive narrowed it down to. 

My biggest issue has been this mindfulness part. I.e the recognition that I have a though or an urge and then understanding I need to take steps to NOT follow through with it.

What ive noticed is that a part of my brain says " NO, this isn't what u want dont do it" and then that kinda gets pushed away and I go and act on that urge anyway. 

​I will try ur idea of how to manage this mindfulness and post an update mid of next week. 

Re: Road to 90 days - my daily log 12 Apr 2019 19:39 #340562

• rolemodel
  • Junior Boarder
keep on posting no matter what
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes