Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

This is going to be the time I get to 90!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 36676 Views

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 22 Jul 2020 04:35 #352862

Realestatemogul wrote on 21 Jul 2020 03:47:
229. This is tough stuff - but BH we are still staying strong. 

I want to remind myself for a second why I spend so much effort on this whole thing...

1) We are here for just a short while and after that we go somewhere else....
2) I want my time in the next world to be super special
3) Any unallowable "pleasure" I get in this world will take away from my place in the next world. 
4) Lust takes away my ability to get closer to Hashem
5) Addiction is destructive 
6) Lust inhibits my ability to have  healthy relationships with others

Thats enough for now. I think I am convinced! 

Thanks for listening 

REM!!! Keep up the great work and keep inspiring us! My two cents (what came up for me when I read this) is that this is all good stuff, but I think we need to do our part to channel this part of ourselves in the way Hashem intended. So for a married person this will mean one thing, and for a single person it may be pursuing shidduchim. Anyways, keep on rocking! Hope the above had some relevance. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 23 Jul 2020 02:53 #352916

• Realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 356 days
  • Gold Boarder
Totally agree with your statements above! If I sounded super radical in avoiding "pleasure" in this world, I was really just trying to focus on bigger picture purpose of the world. 

I still eat tons of ice cream, lol

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 04 Aug 2020 03:41 #353320

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder
You may wonder why at 243 days I am still posting on my getting to 90 thread...?

The answer is that I am still working on "getting to 90." This is my thread of breaking free and since it is a life's work, I am still continuing to work on "getting to 90."

I daven that Hashem continues to help me and everyone on GYE succeed on "getting to 90!"

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 07 Aug 2020 07:03 #353473

• Doitforhashem
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Junior Boarder
I’m a few days into my journey now and really want this! I’m giving it all I got! Thanks everyone for all that you write, it gives me a lot of chizuk.

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 07 Aug 2020 07:04 #353474

• Doitforhashem
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Junior Boarder
Wow this is really inspiring. Keep it going. I hope in a bit of time I could be saying the same thing as you @realestatemogul

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 31 Aug 2020 02:17 #354396

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Doitforhashem! With consistent effort and a positive attitude I am very confident you can make it to tremendous heights! 

I am currently at 270 days!!! 

My last streak was 272, so this is very exciting to almost be able to surpass that! TYH! TYH! 

I just want everyone to realize that I didn't have a one day fall and then got back on my horse, but still because of my previous success I was able to build on that and now I am so much healthier and stronger in this challenge. I still have struggles and temptations, but BH I have given myself the tools and ability to overcome it much more easier. 

Thank you GYE! 

Can't wait for my counter to say 273 iy"h! 

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 31 Aug 2020 02:57 #354398

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 1442 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey tzaddik. The simcha of 273 is understandable but isn't the real simcha the fact that you bh have graduated.....? You have decided that this garbage is just not available anymore. It is similar to every once in a while we dream about what we could do with a few million dollars, yet we don't entertain the thought of robbing a bank....We all get urges - strong ones at times but we don't watch that poison anymore....
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 17 Sep 2020 03:22 #355215

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder
At 287 and HAshemHelpMe your words are sinking...What you said is deep and powerful but also scary. It much easier to think that I am still working on something than to decide I have moved on from the journey....maybe it is a needed conscious decision going into Rosh Hashana...

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 05 Oct 2020 03:50 #355760

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 Nov 2020 04:06 #357545

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder

Had a struggle last night, but am soooo appreciative how different my struggles are now from before. Hopefully Hashem accepts my tshuva and I continue to stay away...

Next stop...365!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 19 Nov 2020 04:39 #357548

• Grant400
  • Current streak: 46 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 19 Nov 2020 04:06:

Had a struggle last night, but am soooo appreciative how different my struggles are now from before. Hopefully Hashem accepts my tshuva and I continue to stay away...

Next stop...365!

Wow! A year! I can't wait for when I will be able to write that!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: This is going to be the time I get to 90! 25 Nov 2020 04:09 #357786

• Realestatemogul
  • Gold Boarder
Lol, HHM also mentioned the lunar year! The thing is GYE puts me at Level 10 at 365 days so not sure what that is about...
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes