Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rough day 1488 Views

Rough day 03 Jun 2018 20:17 #331681

• eli613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
Dear GYE Members, 
I am having a harder day than usual today. I woke up this morning and I couldn't get s*xual thoughts out of my head. I started listening to something else on youtube to distract my mind, but now my Yetzer Harah is getting more clever and trying to come up with different ideas that can bring me to do something that can bring me down. It's Sunday and I am looking for a way to relax and do something exciting, everything that I think of is tied to something with lust in the back of my mind. Let me try to explain, like, maybe I should go rent a bike and go biking somewhere, but even that is tied in the back of my mind to the oppotunity of being able to check out women. Until, I know my intentions are pure, it's probably better for me to stay at home and sit on the couch. 

Re: Rough day 03 Jun 2018 21:13 #331683

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry to hear. Hope it gets easier. Do you have someone you can reach out to maybe and call on the phone?

Re: Rough day 03 Jun 2018 23:01 #331689

• changing
  • Platinum Boarder
Hang in there! Everybody is different but for me sitting on the couch leads to alot worse things than checking out women.... So if it were me I would get out of there as soon as possible, But again you may be different:) 
Whatever you do, hatzlocho in staying clean! We are here for you!
Last Edit: 03 Jun 2018 23:01 by changing.

Re: Rough day 04 Jun 2018 07:48 #331717

• WannabeFree
  • Current streak: 238 days
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not sure that YouTube is the correct type of distraction either. For me getting submerged in a good (clean) book works. Or maybe a Sefer instead; Im paga becha menuval zeh, moshchehu lbeis hamedrash. Also coming on the GYE site, going through other peoples struggles and reading articles can also help me. Hope you're managing!

השלך על השם יהבך והוא יכלכלך
wannabefree613@gmail.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes