Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Starting again 6703 Views

Re: Starting again 28 Mar 2009 23:25 #4217

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
For bein Hazmanim you will need a BATTLE PLAN. That means two things:
1) Structure your day to keep yourself busy. Have a seder (or six) in Torah. Make times, write them down. Make plans of what you can do when feeling bored.
2) Vows are excellent, but be careful. Read the pages on the site for clear guidlines on how to do this. The vows should focus on things like not using the computer if no one is home, not using the computer for liesure activity more than "X" amount of time per day, etc...

You may also want to make a list of sites you allow yourself to visit, and make a vow not to visit any OTHER site besides these unless someone is in the room with you.

You're a smart guy, you can do this. But the Yetzer Hara is smart too. Make sure to plan well and you will succeed.

And keep in touch with us!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Starting again 29 Mar 2009 02:46 #4222

• bs d
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Expert Boarder
This is b"h the third time i've renewed my vow(each time for a week) and with hashem's help i havent broken it.
However i have still fallen, there are so many temptations out there and i'm having trouble saying no!
Yet with all that i have still b"h managed to stay clean twice for at least 3 days, and thats a big achievement for me, especially in bein hazmanim. I might have fallen but at least i know that the times i've said no aren't wasted. I just have to keep davening to hashem for help. I know that when i'm doing the right things, like guarding my eyes and doing my bit, He will help and fight the y"h for me! Lookin forward to being clean again!

Re: Starting again 29 Mar 2009 11:40 #4227

• the.guard
Beautiful! You are internalizing the message we try to give over on guardureyes! Every little bit you do is priceless, and when you fall - what you DID you is NEVER LOST. See again post #24 on this page.

Haba Letaher, mesayen Oso... I saw a nice vort this week. Why does it say "Misayen oso" - Lashon Rabbim? The chidushei Harim explains that the Malachim created from every time we tried, even if we failed, all together - all the times we tried, they come together and help him succeed!

That is what happened as well with Rabbi Akiva's rock... drop after drop until it made a hole in the rock. Do you think the first drop made any impression on the rock? I'm sure you'll say not. And the drops that were falling into the hole that Rabii Akiva saw, were those drops any stronger than the first? No they weren't. And yet, we see how every drop, every single drop, no matter how insignificant, DID INDEED affect the rock in the long term!

So keep trying to guard your eyes, make fences where you see you slipped last time, and keep trying, davening, and always stay BESIMCHA.

And you will succeed!

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Starting again 25 May 2009 11:57 #5256

• bs d
  • Expert Boarder
Hello everyone i feel bad that i haven't been able 2 post for such a long time!
B"h i'm just making a new start yet again in this battle against the y"h. Over the past few weeks i actually broke my previous record of staying clean for 19 days. When i fell i didn't even feel so down- i was just so thankful 2 Hashem for helping me to stay clean for so long! I thought to myself that while we are struggling we don't always thank Hashem for his help, since we are just constantly asking for more help. But once i'd fallen i could look back and see how much Hashem had helped me - i was actually besimcha.
I compared it to a siyum when u thank Hashem for allowing you to finish a mesechta, so to He had allowed me to finish this 'small mesechta' of 19 days. And like in a siyum we ask Hashem for help to finish all the other mesechtas, so too may Hashem give us all strength to finish all the other 'mesechtas' and eventually the whole 'shas' - to be forever clean! That gives me a push to keep going!

Re: Starting again 25 May 2009 13:21 #5261

• the.guard
You have a great attitude BSD!

You would enjoy very much to read through the attitude handbook.

Please see this post.

May Hashem give you strength to go even further this time!
Last Edit: by LovingWolf.

Starting again 26 May 2009 23:02 #5351

• bs d
  • Expert Boarder
B"h its day 2!
I've been going through all the chizuk emails and i have found them a major help. Especially the three part one that quotes dov- i have for a long time tried to work out the way to 'give yourself over to Hashem' and his posts have given great insights in to the subject and i find have been very helpful.
Just one question. Its been often mentioned that there is something deeper inside us that makes us act out. Could u explain. and how do u we find out what it is?
Last Edit: by johnshredder.

Re: Starting again 26 May 2009 23:16 #5352

• the.guard
Something deeper, yes indeed.

See what Dov just posted in reply #8 on this page.

Also to understand better what deeper things are causing this, please read the two Handbooks.
In tool #13 of the GYE handbook this idea is discussed. And also in the attitude handbook, it is discussed in principles #17 and #18...

And the PDF file which contains translations from a Hebrew book called "The first day of the rest of my life" would be particularly appropriate for you. Please download it here. In those chapters, you will come to understand perhaps why it is that particularly YOU suffer from this addiction more than others. It has to do with particular powers of the soul that are unique to you.
Last Edit: by boobusy.

Starting again 27 May 2009 12:32 #5373

• bs d
  • Expert Boarder
B"h i'm at day 3.
I've been trying to avoid the fight with the y"h and just do rotzon Hashem. So far it is working, although i don't know if this is the y"h letting me go easy so i should relax my struggle or if i'm doing the right thing (maybe both).
Looking forward to a tahor kabolas hatorah!
Last Edit: by joey.

Starting again 30 May 2009 22:54 #5470

• bs d
  • Expert Boarder
I fell today!
I know i'm not supposed to, but i feel disappointed with myself. Not the actual fall, but what brought me to there. I had let my guard down.
Well at least i've got another 6 days of saying no to the y"h under my belt. (Pun:-)
Last Edit: by mm.

Starting again 30 May 2009 22:56 #5471

• bs d
  • Expert Boarder
Its time to start again!
Last Edit: by ILOVEHASHEM.

Re: Starting again 31 May 2009 11:22 #5477

• the.guard
If we learn from the falls and make better fences for next time, then we are uplifting the past falls to kedusha! Make sure to read the "Attitude handbook" well... And of course, the GYE handbook will help you explore new tools and options that you have not tried yet. Instead of same old, same old, and another fall in a few days, read the handbook and start to try NEW tools that you haven't tried yet. Each time you fall, advance to the NEXT tool and try something NEW.
Last Edit: by 3770.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes