Welcome, Guest

FIGHTING progress!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: FIGHTING progress! 17348 Views

Re: FIGHTING progress! 26 Jul 2018 02:25 #333926

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Beautiful!!!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 00:07 #333970

• Ftndrug
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Senior Boarder
mzl wrote on 25 Jul 2018 23:09:
what sort of training?

brain training. same way as they teach at martial arts: each time you give up-you are more likely to give up again. each time you stand your ground-more likely you'll do so the next time.

[as far as i know the brain works the next way: you get an impulse (i want a cookie!), you make a choice (take the cookie/leave it/go to the gym instead). next time you get pushed by the same impulse, you already have an inclination to choose the same as last time/times. so each time you make a choice you train your brain, forming a neurological pattern (which basically means the road you take from point A impulse to point B scaling and point C choice).]
"Esh tamid tukad al hamizbeah lo tichbe"
אם אין אני לי-מי לי? וכשאני לעצמי-מה אני.. ואם לא עכשיו.. אימתי??
nobody can save me now. Its do-or die.

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 00:48 #333975

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
that's conditioning

that might work if you are not an addict

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 02:45 #333981

• Ftndrug
  • Senior Boarder
mzl wrote on 27 Jul 2018 00:48:
that's conditioning

that might work if you are not an addict

its working. that means one of two things, i must assume:
1. i am not an addict.
2. its not working.
non of them seems true to me.
which leads me to the next question: what is you definition of an addict?

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 04:27 #333988

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
there's a third possibility, namely that you are not talking about conditioning but something slightly different, and you left out some seemingly minor detail

addiction is when your brain is positive that eventually you must act out, whether in ten minutes or ten years, as a result of a trigger

people like that don't get better with just simple conditioning

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 09:46 #333992

• Ftndrug
  • Senior Boarder
mzl wrote on 27 Jul 2018 04:27:
there's a third possibility, namely that you are not talking about conditioning but something slightly different, and you left out some seemingly minor detail

addiction is when your brain is positive that eventually you must act out, whether in ten minutes or ten years, as a result of a trigger

Meaning?

Thank you. can addicts of this category can be cured thoroughly?

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 10:11 #333993

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Ftndrug wrote on 27 Jul 2018 09:46:

Meaning?

Meaning something you've been doing as part of the training but you don't realize you are doing it because it seems unimportant, only you would know what it might be.

As far as I know there is no cure. It's not like a phobia, where exposure to the thing you are afraid will dispel the phobia forever.

There are treatments, which are really cultural changes (in response to A always do B,) but no cure.

Re: FIGHTING progress! 27 Jul 2018 11:52 #333996

• cordnoy
Ftndrug wrote on 27 Jul 2018 09:46:

Meaning?

Not sure what the word "cured" means, but can one live life again? Unequivocally yes!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: FIGHTING progress! 29 Jul 2018 13:25 #334049

• joyoflife
  • Senior Boarder
I just finished reading your thread. It was very inspiring for me. Just knowing that someone has done the 90 days and seeing your progress from the beginning to the end is incredible. Thank you for sharing your journey (I especially liked your zoro vort

Re: FIGHTING progress! 31 Jul 2018 00:50 #334114

• Ftndrug
  • Senior Boarder
mzl. Or maybe I should better say not-mzl :] I used to think back when I was regularly mzl that it would be impossible for me to stop completely and that I will necessarily fall even if try to stop. And that's exactly what happened. Every time. When I got to gye that view changed. So maybe that's why the conditioning is working for me.so if a person can reach this state of mind-he can probably be called cured.. at least according to your description of an addict. (I would describe it a bit differently though)

codnoy-for sure! (you saw what I meant by cured in the first part here). And btw. What would you say is the right way to describe an addict?

JoyOfLife-thank you! I am happy someone can benefit from my personal struggles, I wish you success and the happiness and clarity that comes with staying sober. Its absolutely worth the journey, and as you can see-absolutely possible.
and the zoro thing brings back some memories :D

Re: FIGHTING progress! 31 Jul 2018 01:02 #334115

• cordnoy
The white book dedicates several pages for the definition/understandin' of an addict.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: FIGHTING progress! 01 Aug 2018 02:16 #334155

JoyOfLife wrote on 29 Jul 2018 13:25:
I just finished reading your thread. It was very inspiring for me. Just knowing that someone has done the 90 days and seeing your progress from the beginning to the end is incredible. Thank you for sharing your journey (I especially liked your zoro vort

Link to zoro vort please?
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Fighting progress. 01 Aug 2018 06:47 #334165

• joyoflife
  • Senior Boarder
Ftndrug wrote on 02 Nov 2017 09:26:

Ok so i guess ill make this my personal progress thread.
I just wanna share what happened to me 2 days ago, i wrote it down almost immediately so everything is in present tense.

Hi.

I woke up this morning with the thought of "why, for crying out loud, am i doing this? Why should i stop watching whatever i feel like watching, why should i force myself into a life of a martyr? Am i not a human? Why whould i deny myself the pleasure of pleasing myself and taking even just for a few seconds my troubles away? Why did i stop using?"

Aside from God,  torah and mitzvos, i suddenly remembered something else, and thats what gave me the strength to hold my horses for a moment. I remembered 'one piece' cartoon series and the great swords-man Roronoa Zoro.

[For those who isn't familiar with the series, i won't recommend it. Its a long and time consuming saga with too little good content to learn from. But for those who did watch it, i think it may give some chizuk and yeah, sometimes cartoons can teach us a good thing or two :] Actually anything we experience is there for a reason (since we have Hashgacha Pratit).]

So Zoro's character is definitely the strongest among all the super powered heroes that showing up there by the dozens. Yes, he is just a man, but what makes him the strongest is his resolve. It doesn't matter how hopeless his cause would seem, no matter how many times he falls or how many wounds he would receive, he would stubbornly go on, become stronger, fight harder, and eventually win. You cant beat a man like that. I definitely wish i had a willpower like that.

And so i thought, still half asleep "it doesn't matter that right now my cause seems so stupid, hopeless, idiotic and frustratingly frustrating to me. I dont care. I DONT CARE!!! If i decided, I will go on. I wont give in. I will not break my resolve, because thats who i wanna be. A fighter." thats what i thought, and B"H, the lust attack passed in a few moments. I won this time.

My moto from now on is: never give up. Never stop fighting, whatever is your way, whatever tools you have to use, Head on or under and over it, Hashem is with us. He gives us power. He won't leave us, and eventually we WILL become the MASTERS of the yetzer hara. We will prevail!

Be like zoro :]

!!!!FIGHT!!!!!

29 days clean, and counting.

The vort can be found in certain mystical sefarim. For your convenience I will do better than posting a link - I'll quote it for you. It was in the beginning of the thread fyi. 

Re: Fighting progress. 09 Oct 2018 16:17 #336083

• Ftndrug
  • Senior Boarder
I was caught off guard. I screwed up.  Masturbated. Ugh. Knock down to the fighter at the red corner.
Starting again.

Re: Fighting progress. 09 Oct 2018 20:41 #336089

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear. Your honesty is inspiring! If i may ask two questions: What triggered it? How many times did you act out?

it may sound odd, but when one falls, it is an opportunity to stop the climb and have perspective where you are up to. In your case it appears it calls for a celebration.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes