Welcome, Guest

Breaking a bad habbit
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Breaking a bad habbit 14367 Views

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 15 Feb 2021 19:39 #363436

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Manessmann wrote on 15 Feb 2021 19:28:
Hello,

I'm still here. I've been here the whole time. I'm still battling this thing. I've been disappointed with my progress so I stopped posting. After hitting the 100 day mark it was still really hard. I failed at around day 110 I think. Since then I've been resetting my 90 day counter again and again and again. I've cleared my log a number of times too because I didn't like seeing all the failed attempts. I haven't reached 90 days again since. A lot has happened, there's been some difficult times. Every relationship I've had didn't last. I've got a good feeling about this year though, I think 2021 is the year I'm finally going to nail it and overcome the yetzer hara. I can tell something good is going to happen this year. This is a fresh start again. I will report back when I hit 30 days clean. 

By the way, I'm studying some really good books on bitachon at the moment: 'Shaar Habitachon of Chovos Halevavos' and 'Beis Halevi on Bitachon (with commentary)'. Many of my questions have been answered reading them.

Hi
I love your attitude about 2021 ...
If you feel you'll succeed then you sure will!
I wanted to point out an interesting thing. There is a sefer Shomer Emunim (from Reb Arye Roth Z"L). He writes there that if a person really works on bitachon, he'll eventually overcome all his negative traits and he'll succeed in guarding the eyes as well... 
So you seem to be on thie right track--- keep it up!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 18 Feb 2021 12:34 #363669

• Manessmann
  • Current streak: 41 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I read this brilliant inspiring quote today:

"What precedes success? What precedes success in relationships, in business, in life?

Failure.

Inevitably.

Which means that failure isn't failure, right?

Which is fascinating, because in lashon kodesh, the language that created reality, there is no word for failure.

If there's no word for failure in Hashem's dictionary, that means it doesn't exist.

He wants us to realize that the purpose of confusion is clarity, the purpose of illness is recovery, the purpose of the mistakes we make is teshuvah."

Rabbi Jonathan Rietti
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes