Welcome, Guest

Breaking a bad habbit
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Breaking a bad habbit 14369 Views

Breaking a bad habbit 26 Jun 2017 03:56 #316060

• Manessmann
  • Current streak: 41 days
  • Fresh Boarder
_
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2018 10:48 by Manessmann.

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 27 Jun 2017 02:47 #316172

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!

I'm not sure there is a way to beat the yetzer hara (maybe there is, i have no idea, but it is irrelevant)

What is relevant is... What are you going to do today to change? Saying you need to gaurd your eyes, I'm sure you have told that to yourself many times...

Anyway stick around gye, you may learn a thing or two...
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 27 Jun 2017 03:08 #316174

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome.  

You have the right attitude. Read the GYE Handbook and keep posting. 
Hatzlocho

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 27 Jun 2017 04:01 #316177

• Manessmann
  • Fresh Boarder
_
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2018 10:49 by Manessmann.

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 28 Jun 2017 03:35 #316272

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome! Like you said, guarding your eyes is one of the most importamt things we can do. Hatzlacha! 

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 28 Jun 2017 09:48 #316294

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am a good person who is unfortunately sick
hi welcome 
i can definitely relate to the hardships you're going thru
you wrote something like today is number one recently i had my longest streak in one and a half years (19 days) the only way i made it was looking at every day like day 1 and only that day mattered NOTHING ELSE
i'm a big talker look at my streak now
but you can take it from the experts this is what everyone says including the SA doctrine
good luck!!!!
Formerly mikestruggling I just bought a truck. l hang out in the trailer and G-d drives. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 28 Jun 2017 22:31 #316363

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like a lot of limiting actions (i wont do this, i wont do that) That has never helped me before. How many times did i say: I wont lust anymore! Or I wont watch a movie anymore! I wont masturbate anymore. Never helped me. 

Reading is nice but for me thats just one tool. I need more...
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 04 Jul 2017 01:26 #316683

• Manessmann
  • Fresh Boarder
_
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2018 10:50 by Manessmann.

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 04 Jul 2017 01:41 #316685

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Manessmann wrote on 27 Jun 2017 04:01:
 I will be limiting my internet use for work and for productive things only, and also I have decided to limit the time I spend watching movies and TV.

Are you succeeding in what you wrote above?

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 04 Jul 2017 09:42 #316694

• Manessmann
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I'm trying to find new pastimes and staying away from T.V. and internet. 

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 04 Jul 2017 09:52 #316695

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Great

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 02 Aug 2017 15:48 #318203

• Manessmann
  • Fresh Boarder
37 days clean
37 days ago I found this website and I haven't allowed my eyes to view unholy things since. I haven't ejaculated and I haven't gazed at women. It has been really tough and I am trying my best because I honestly really want to change for the better. I have been trying really hard to control my thoughts and concentrate on healthy things. I feel like things are going well, but I often have bad days where I feel sad and depressed, at times stressed and easily irritated (along with all the other withdrawal symptoms associated with an addiction). These negative symptoms only seem to be getting stronger, but I'm not giving in. I still make sure to read Torah and other holy writings every day, and I still regularly read through the Guardyoureyes ebooks to keep me enthusiastic and motivated to stay clean from lust. Slowly I'm feeling more connected to Hashem and to my Jewish faith, and I feel that something good will come out from all this in the end.

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 02 Aug 2017 19:13 #318218

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. You are a real hero. An inspiration for all. The first few weeks of abstinence are horribly painful. I actually cried. Its like withdrawal from drugs.I found exercise and educational (glatt kosher) videos to be very helpful during that challenging time.

Imagine the simcha in shomayim that is going on now! 37 days of self control after having done very inappropriate actions. Incredible. May Hashem help you continue, and especially to get through the withdrawal stage, and may the zchus of what you are doing protect klal yisroel and help bring moshiach.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 03 Aug 2017 04:03 #318247

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Manessmann wrote on 02 Aug 2017 15:48:
37 days clean
37 days ago I found this website and I haven't allowed my eyes to view unholy things since. I haven't ejaculated and I haven't gazed at women. It has been really tough and I am trying my best because I honestly really want to change for the better. I have been trying really hard to control my thoughts and concentrate on healthy things. I feel like things are going well, but I often have bad days where I feel sad and depressed, at times stressed and easily irritated (along with all the other withdrawal symptoms associated with an addiction). These negative symptoms only seem to be getting stronger, but I'm not giving in. I still make sure to read Torah and other holy writings every day, and I still regularly read through the Guardyoureyes ebooks to keep me enthusiastic and motivated to stay clean from lust. Slowly I'm feeling more connected to Hashem and to my Jewish faith, and I feel that something good will come out from all this in the end.

Great stuff, keep it up.

I also find life to be more difficult when clean, I miss my drug. But that's exactly what it is, a drug, I'm looking forward to finally living life bezrat Hashem one moment at a time.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Breaking a bad habbit 10 Aug 2017 06:19 #318562

• Manessmann
  • Fresh Boarder
45 days clean

I'm feeling rather positive and optimistic today. I'm getting some of my energy and motivation back I think. But I often still have those bad depressive days where I feel ill, lonely and worthless. Sometimes I feel like real crap. The yetzer hara is trying hard to tempt me back into perversion. So many women on the streets are dressed so................, this irritates me and it can be very hard not to look. But I know if I do look, I will just feel worse afterwards anyway, so I keep my eyes on the ground or focused on something else. So much is reminding me of how I'm single and lonely, and this has been a trigger for sin throughout my life.

This addiction has been an escape route for me for many years. I wasted so much time in lustful fantasy. I will start working more on my self-development and improving my life and career when the cravings, urges and withdrawal symptoms subside. But at the moment my brain is usually in a haze or fog.

I'm still doing a lot of religious studying, as well as regular repentance/praying and asking Hashem for His help. Praying can be real hard sometimes: I tend to just repeat myself more often than not. He knows I'm trying, I hope I will be forgiven and blessed eventually.  
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2017 06:24 by Manessmann.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes