Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57208 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Dec 2009 19:25 #37335

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 34 part 2.

Just one thing I didn't mention before, heart and mind need to work as a team to get you somewhere in life.  Neither your heart nor your mind, should ever work against each other. 

Last Edit: by shimshonhagibor.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Dec 2009 21:59 #37820

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 35.  I am very pleased to report that my wife are making progress and our marriage is getting stronger.  I am feeling good and strong.  Again no slips or falls and needed or wanted.  Positive attitude is certainly not the only things that make me feel better.  I've worked hard over the past 35 days to have a strong will and great attitude.  Now acting the same is starting to become a real change.  Change is good if done in the right way!!!!  I talked to G-d yesterday on my way to work and asked, Why does my heart feel like it has buterflies?  G-d answered me not long into today.  I was sitting looking at the blank google homepage for a second.  And it hit me, if you love yourself, the same page that would have lead you to all the bad places leads you to GUE also.  But, then I realized further, that G-d was the one that helps me to GUE everyday.  I can say I have strong will or say my attitude is great and they are, but the real reason I come here is G-d.  I left this all to G-d and am truly blessed that I am lead here everyday.  He must have done something to my wife as well because she is beside me more and more each day.  She read my story and my entire thread and afterwords I was not sure how she would have reacted, but she was fine and told me she was proud of me.  That felt amazing.

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WARS- WITH G-D'S HELP!!!!!

Last Edit: by gaby.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Dec 2009 22:53 #37845

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dude it seems to me youve figured out the secret that were all still trying to learn...................ITS ALL G-D!!!!! Keep on rocking. I love reading your posts and hearing about your progress. It helps me alot.
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10190.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Dec 2009 07:44 #37935

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 24 Dec 2009 21:59:

He must have done something to my wife as well because she is beside me more and more each day.  She read my story and my entire thread and afterwords I was not sure how she would have reacted, but she was fine and told me she was proud of me.  That felt amazing.

Oh, now I'm crying!    :-[ :-[ :-[
Last Edit: by srolli.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Dec 2009 15:29 #38060

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That is truly fantastic and beautiful, in every sense...
Last Edit: by tolomo.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Dec 2009 17:17 #38074

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 36 and I keep on rolling.  I woke up and thanked G-d today for everything good and bad in life.  It's my life, why not thank G-d for the bad too?  No slips or falls and non needed or wanted.  The power of love for one self is more important then anything else for me today.  I've taken an "inventory" of myself today and now will work on traits that I don't like about myself.  I would not be happy if I did not write a little update on my progress with my wife.  She has taken me to a new place.  I used to feel down and grumpy around her.  Now we are talking much more.  We are working on us in simple ways, but working on us.  I have opened up my heart to her and I feel a lot better for it. 

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D'S HELP!!!!

Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 16:40 #38116

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 25 Dec 2009 17:17:

Day 36 and I keep on rolling.  I woke up and thanked G-d today for everything good and bad in life.  It's my life, why not thank G-d for the bad too?  No slips or falls and non needed or wanted.  The power of love for one self is more important then anything else for me today.  I've taken an "inventory" of myself today and now will work on traits that I don't like about myself.  I would not be happy if I did not write a little update on my progress with my wife.  She has taken me to a new place.  I used to feel down and grumpy around her.  Now we are talking much more.  We are working on us in simple ways, but working on us.  I have opened up my heart to her and I feel a lot better for it. 

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D'S HELP!!!!

K'SHEM SHEMEVARCHIM AL HATOV CACH MEVORCHIM AL HARAH.

Keep rocking sci. Happy to hear about your progress with your wife. Although i never expiernced this i do know since ive started to work on my addiciton my wife has been much happier. AND SHE DOESNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT. :-\ :D :D
Last Edit: by dhh253.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 17:03 #38117

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 25 Dec 2009 17:17:

I would not be happy if I did not write a little update on my progress with my wife.  She has taken me to a new place.  I used to feel down and grumpy around her.  Now we are talking much more.  We are working on us in simple ways, but working on us.  I have opened up my heart to her and I feel a lot better for it. 

Beautiful!
Last Edit: by levbasar148.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 19:59 #38139

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
I got a very funny joke in my email yesterday and thought if it made me laugh, maybe it would help everyone on GUE!!

A cat died and went to heaven. When he arrived at the gate, an angel asked:
"Welcome to heaven. What can I get for you to make you happy today?"

The cat replied:
"Oh, I sure would love a nice, soft pillow!" And so, the angel gave him the pillow and called for the next person in line.

The next day, some mice were in line at the gate. The angel asked them the same question.

The mice replied:
"Ooh! Can we have some skateboards?!" And the angel gave them the skate boards.

A few hours later, God was strolling through his kingdom and came across the cat on his pillow.

"Good cat! How do you like heaven and your pillow?"

The cat smiled and replied:

"This place is great! The streets are gold, this is the softest pillow in the world! Thank you, God!"

God smiled and said:

"So you're really liking it?"

The cat said:

"Oh, I love it! And by the way, thanks for the meals on wheels you sent by earlier!
Last Edit: by sera.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 20:10 #38140

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
While I find your whole story, thread and growth to be inspiring,
the progress with your marriage is to me, the most precious of all!
What a wonderful gift;
to discover that the treasure youve spent life seeking,
was right beside you all along!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by jhonyu.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 20:27 #38142

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 37 and I am feeling strong and alive today.  I have decided I am in a new chapter in my life and it feels great.  After being serious so much I posted a joke today.  I used to love jokes and laughed so hard I couldn't catch my breathe for a minute before when I read it.  Maybe not the funniest joke ever, but I realized I hadn't laughed in a while and it just made me laugh hard.  My new internal goal is to laugh hard more each day.  One of my sons today is sick.  And all I can think of is how to cheer him up.  I used to get down when they were sick.  Now I feel strong and can do anything they need in order to feel better.  G-d has helped me rekindle my life and bring sanity to where chaios was.  My head is clearer then it has been ever.  I can't beleive how good and positive I feel today.

Daily progress with my wife continues.  We are moving towards understanding each other much more deeply.  I am greatful to her for, she has stood be my side more then I could have ever thought she would.  

I thank G-d today for giving me the right attitude and the correct way to look at everything.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D'S HELP!!!!!
Last Edit: by gyegye8425.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 20:30 #38144

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 26 Dec 2009 20:27:

Day 37 and I am feeling strong and alive today.  I have decided I am in a new chapter in my life and it feels great....

One of my sons today is sick.  And all I can think of is how to cheer him up.  I used to get down when they were sick.  Now I feel strong and can do anything they need in order to feel better.  G-d has helped me rekindle my life and bring sanity to where chaios was.  My head is clearer then it has been ever.  I can't beleive how good and positive I feel today...

Daily progress with my wife continues.  We are moving towards understanding each other much more deeply.  I am greatful to her for, she has stood be my side more then I could have ever thought she would.  

GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!
Last Edit: by gertoshav9.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 20:32 #38145

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
And yes; I loved the joke too! :D

If you post them in the Depressed Person thread youll get more feedback iyH
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by saurabh12345678.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Dec 2009 20:45 #38146

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
One other thought on Day 37.  I will do my best to not let little things to get me anymore. 
Last Edit: by shucki.

Re: sci1977 26 Dec 2009 21:58 #38154

• loi-misyaeish
Really amazed by this whole thread. It doesn't hurt to voice my opinion in the 'grown ups' thread, but it was a great chizzuk to read! By the way, still laughing at the one of the cat and mice. As steve wrote in his thread it helps to smile, it can really make you  feel happier when you're feeling down! Hatzlacha in everything
Last Edit: by natti.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes