Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57731 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Aug 2010 16:08 #76609

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
More days of clean and sober.  Life is great, however, business sucks!!  Would love to rant for awhile about how things are so bad in business but can't because if I do that, it takes time away from work.

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  Love my wife!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Aug 2010 16:58 #76612

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
As always, we're wishing you the best - but I'm continually inspired by you.

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Aug 2010 13:58 #77021

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
More days of clean and sober. Lots of stress however finding new avenues to deal with it.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  My wife continues to be a true source of inspiration.  Live, laugh, love and remember G-d!! 

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Aug 2010 17:56 #77033

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Share with us, please! I can't imagine I'm the nly one who would wlecome your advice on dealing with stressful situations!

A friend reminded me today that sometimes, the only choice we have in a situation is whether or not we remain calm.

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Aug 2010 20:07 #77042

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hey Sci - how'd the business trip go? Glad to hear good tiding from you.

KUTGW!!

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Aug 2010 14:26 #77078

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Business trip was terrible.  Everyone's business is terrible and the economy shows no strong signs of recovery.  G-d I am leaving my business in your hands and hope and pray hourly you know what you are doing with me.  I am just clay in your hands.

As for dealing with stress, I am learning it is OK to freak out for a short while.  It's how you rebound from the freak out.  Not the time it takes but using tools to stop the stress or move away from the stress.  I looked at my business books the other day and really got stressed.  No billing all week.  So I freaked out and was ranting and raving about how bad the economy is and how bad business is.  But then I took a few deep breaths and realized just keep working.  It's about having common sense when you deal with stress.  Instead of getting tangled up in so many other unimportant ways to relax, just actually relax.  G-d is with me in good or bad.

Another thing I am noticing is that stress has a wonderful real way to make you look at something clearer.  Take a step back and look at what caused the stress.  Was it something stupid that I, myself did or was it something that was completely out of my control?  If something is out of my control, know that G-d put you there for a reason.  Learn a lesson from it.  Maybe the thing you need to learn about yourself is what you do when you are stressed.  How does your body react to it. 

Any married guy here can tell you his wife causes him stress in some form or fashion.  But, you need to remember the stress is little.  Overall, I look at my marriage and understand something more today then any other day in my life.  G-d has put us together.  There is a reason why he has.  Each has good points and bad points but to make your wife feel loved and truely adored and secure, that is all she wants.  Instead of looking at your wife as stress look at her as a G-dly being, that yes you can get annoyed with but overall she is there for you.  G-d put her there for you.

Just relax, pray and find that thing that you can go to that is your HAPPY place.  I think about sports or watch sports.  I look at nature.  I read political commentary I agree with online.  I drop what I am doing and spend time with the kids or my wife.  But those are physical ways to relax.  The best way to relax is find a peace inside yourself where you can talk to G-d.  Don't always pray to G-d, TALK to him.  He is your friend.  Stress is all around you but does not need to consume you nor take your mind away from where it needs to be.

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Aug 2010 17:10 #77092

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Very well said. I'm going to re-read this later!

I'm glad to hear that you're continuing to grow.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Aug 2010 18:15 #77148

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello all.  Just a quick update for today that I need to mention.  I was looking at a picture today of me about 2 years ago.  I could see in the picture an emptyness in my eyes.  I then looked in the mirror and looked in my eyes and they looked much warmer.  I had a weird feeling about it because you can see the change in the face especially the eyes.  Had to share.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Aug 2010 18:29 #77150

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Windows of the Soul indeed!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Aug 2010 15:19 #77196

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Having a pretty good day today.  Looking at business I am putting it all into G-d and waiting to see what happens.  Also, looking to change my effort level and what I am working on.  Maybe that is the problem?  Not sure.  As far as addiction goes things are going well.  Still have a routine of the day and still look at it as day 1.  I also have made decided that living is a must in life.  G-d put us here to live, not feel sorry for ourselves. 

Last thought for today, is when you hit a day that could lead to bad thoughts, just keep it simple.  I had a really bad afternoon yesterday but decided to not get caught up in that.  Just move forward, steady and true. 

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Aug 2010 17:21 #77207

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 25 Aug 2010 18:15:

Hello all.  Just a quick update for today that I need to mention.  I was looking at a picture today of me about 2 years ago.  I could see in the picture an emptyness in my eyes.  I then looked in the mirror and looked in my eyes and they looked much warmer.  I had a weird feeling about it because you can see the change in the face especially the eyes.  Had to share.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

It's funny, because at the time, we think that no one can tell, that there's no change in us...

sci1977 wrote on 26 Aug 2010 15:19:

Last thought for today, is when you hit a day that could lead to bad thoughts, just keep it simple.  I had a really bad afternoon yesterday but decided to not get caught up in that.  Just move forward, steady and true. 

I love you, man. SO true! In a lot of ways, but one hting I take out of your comment, is the ability to say that no matter what's happening, you don't have to respond in a bad way...We need to remember that just because we're experiencing stress doesn't mean we need to medicate ourselves.

Re: sci1977 journey 29 Aug 2010 17:54 #77307

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
More time clean and sober.  Spending time with the kids today as my wife is not feeling well.  Keeping it simple and thinking all good thoughts.  G-d is with me and ready for a great week.

Re: sci1977 journey 30 Aug 2010 17:20 #77371

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is great!!  G-d thank you for being with me today.  Business is still horrible but one thing is for sure.  G-d loves me no matter what.  I was sitting at my desk today and realized that even though money and material things are becoming staples in one's everyday life, it is your relationship's that count.  Especially the one you have with yourself.  I found something today I wish I had a long time ago and at least now is there.

Re: sci1977 journey 30 Aug 2010 19:53 #77382

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Just checking in here.

You're really doing great, Sci!

--Eye.

Re: sci1977 journey 30 Aug 2010 21:32 #77414

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
IT25, wish you were still around.  Anyone want to try and contact to get him back on the board?
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes