Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57736 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Mar 2010 19:15 #58442

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
GEVALDIG ATTITUDE, MAN!!

I have a lot to learn from you. Always will.

KOT!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Mar 2010 20:15 #58454

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck to you, Sci.

-Eye.

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Mar 2010 21:45 #58471

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I love hearing any news from you, but good news is even better! Thank you for putting another smile on my face!

Re: sci1977 journey 21 Mar 2010 18:31 #59115

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Another week of being clean and sober.  Not much time to update.  Really trying to live life and take what happens.  I will try to give an update on whats going on with me later on today.  No time now as four kids spin around me.

Re: sci1977 journey 21 Mar 2010 18:32 #59116

• bardichev
KOT

Re: sci1977 journey 22 Mar 2010 15:18 #59239

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
hey - glad that you're living life!

keep on rocking!

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Mar 2010 09:04 #59358

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
GSG!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Mar 2010 20:55 #59551

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Another good day today.  Not a lot of time to write but had about 2 minutes so I figured update everyone.  Still clean and sober.  Living to the fullest and may I add, living by the seat of my pants.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  One little life note today, remember when upset about something take a second a evaluate it before you respond.  CALM, COOL, and COLLECTED!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Mar 2010 00:50 #59670

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow - you always have something I can learn from...

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Mar 2010 13:00 #59695

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear you're doing so well.

KUTGW!

--Eye.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Mar 2010 16:34 #59722

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Sci Guy, You still Da MAN!!

Have a GREAT SHABBOS, and a SUPER FANTASTICO YOM TOV!!

May your Seder be a springboard of inspiration and a beautiful experience for you and your entire family.

Clear the Chometz out of the Cabin, and Keep on Trucking!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: sci1977 journey 07 Apr 2010 12:57 #60276

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Another week of being clean and sober.  Had a wonderful holiday besides being sick for the first 4 days.  Nothing new or exciting regarding the job front.  The past few days I have been in a funk.  It all sort of expressed itself last night and I had enough of everything around me.  But I was good, I had no thought so slipping or falling.  I need to go back to having a positive attitude about everything.

In a weird way progress continues with my wife, however, our physical relationship is not where it used to be.  I hope that comes back in time.  I love her and need her more and more each day. 

One other thing that I must mention, I really have not been posting a lot and trying to live life instead.  I am starting to think I need a combo of the two.  Just writing what I have writen just now has made me feel better.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

Re: sci1977 journey 07 Apr 2010 16:30 #60299

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear from you! Hope everything improves, but it's good to know that no matter the external situation, you're continuing to grow.

Re: sci1977 journey 08 Apr 2010 21:22 #60475

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Sci, just letting you know that we had a union meeting, and all the pickles on the shelf agree that you're one heck-ofa-guy, now matter how often you post.

May Hashem bless you VERY SOON with a GEVALDIKE job and parnose.

Did you know that there is a minhag when baking the first challos after pesach, the ones for THIS COMING SHABBOS, to put your house key into the dough and bake it like that? (My wife cleans it first, and we take it out after passing out the first pieces to everyone, so the challah stays whole at the time of the beracha). A key is a schlissel in Yiddish, so this is called a Schlissel-Challah.

The reason, brought down in a sefer called "Tamei HaMinhaggim" (Reasons for the Customs) is that it's like a prayer and an omen for increased parnose and sustanance. This is the time of the year when Hashem's beracha in the the growing grains begins to become apparent, as the wheat and barley finish growing in the spring before the summer harvest. So we use a key in our first challah, and ask Hashem Who holds the key to Sustenance, to unlock His Storehouse of Goodness for us and all our brethren, and for the world, and pour down his blessings for us through His Bounty.

So if your wife can bake a schlissel challah, and offer that prayer while doing so, it would be a beautiful action to show that you both recognize where your livelihood comes from, and a great lesson for your kids when they ask "Why is this Challah different from all the other challos of the whole year?"

And how could Hashem not respond to THAT?

Love,

Steve

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Apr 2010 15:57 #61617

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve, my grand pickle, thank you for thinking of me and the family.  everything by me is good.  I have made a pack with myself more posting on GYE starting today.  Love to G-d today for showing me that it's not about sober, it's remembering how you got there and using that focus to apply everywhere in life.  No slips of falls, non needed or wanted.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes