Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57283 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Feb 2010 15:53 #55453

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Another day of being clean and sober.  Got to spend some family time last night and afterwards and reading some posts here on this thread I felt better.  Money is money.  Job security is never secure in a bad economy.  Luckily, for right now I am and will be OK no matter the outcome.  I have faith and trust in G-d to pull me through.  I went through my normal routine this morning and it really cleared my head to just let what lies ahead, just lies ahead.  G-d knows what's best and I have to accept that. 

On the battle with addiction front, I know that the best way to actual look at it is I have an allergy.  But in that allergy, sometimes you really almost forget that the allergy exists while you are living.  I have been reminding myself that I am an addict, but the allergic part of it is so true.  G-d is great and talking to him eases my mind.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Feb 2010 20:38 #55504

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My friend, god is always with us. Sometimes it's difficult to see it. And job security is never guaranteed, no matter what...

When the twin towers came down, I think that symbolized something important. In the physical world, even things which seem eternal, can disappear in a flash. No one would ever have imagined the manhattan skyline without the twin towers. But in a handful of minutes, they were gone.

The only thing that's real is the work we do on ourselves, the things we build in the spiritual realm. And you, my friend Sci, have built yourself a mansion, a castle, and are continuing to renovate!

Always wishing you the best!

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Feb 2010 08:07 #55597

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like you're going through alot.

And keeping strong through it all.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Feb 2010 18:18 #55641

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Another day of being clean and sober.  Having one of those bad business days.  Thanks to G-d I still have a job and a companyto work for.  I am doing well considering all the stress.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Feb 2010 19:51 #55647

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Just thinking again about your line, "none wanted or needed." That's what I need to keep reminding myself of.

You're awesome!

Have a great shabbos!

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 18:12 #55789

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Another day of being clean and sober.  It has been a very bad day today.  No thoughts of acting out or even close to a slip or fall.  The economy and an owner that has stolen money, has closed down the company I work for.  It is not a good day and I really, in all honesty, don't feel like writing.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 19:40 #55796

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Yashar Koach for writing, even though you don't feel like it.

Sorry to hear that your business just closed down.

This is a big test for you.  Sometimes we can manage to stay positive.  Sometimes if we manage not to get depressed it's good enough.  And sometimes if we get depressed but we manage not to act out, it's good enough.

We go through dark times and lighter times.

And, who knows.  Perhaps a better job is waiting for you just over the horizon.

Once, after a failed shidduch, I was having a talk with a Rebbi of mine.  He asked me, "Do you want things to work YOUR way, or do you want things to work GOD'S way?"

Hang in there!  (and keep on posting)

--Eye.

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 19:43 #55797

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
As bad as today is...please remember that you're alive - not just breathing, but truly living. And stop and think for a minute - if you could trade your current situation for your situation 6 months ago...which one is better?

That doesn't make this any easier, though...Remember that no matter what, you're an amazing person!

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 20:20 #55806

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Eye.nonymous wrote on 01 Mar 2010 19:40:

Yashar Koach for writing, even though you don't feel like it.

Sorry to hear that your business just closed down.

This is a big test for you.  Sometimes we can manage to stay positive.  Sometimes if we manage not to get depressed it's good enough.  And sometimes if we get depressed but we manage not to act out, it's good enough.

We go through dark times and lighter times.

And, who knows.  Perhaps a better job is waiting for you just over the horizon.

Once, after a failed shidduch, I was having a talk with a Rebbi of mine.  He asked me, "Do you want things to work YOUR way, or do you want things to work GOD'S way?"

Hang in there!  (and keep on posting)

--Eye.

Sci, my friend, i couldn't have said it better than Eye. Try to keep positive, because G-d is running your life for the better, we just can't see where it's headed, so we have to TRUST that G-d knows what He's doing. Keep posting, GYE is the best link to sanity during troubled times.

You have given me so much strength, i know you and your wife will be able to weather this storm, and come out of it for the better. Hang in there, and keep us posted!!

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 20:45 #55811

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh Sci,

I feel so bad for you, brother. I've been davening for you and will redouble my tefillos. PM me your hebrew name if you want because I've just been saying "sci" until this point. Hashem may know who I'm talking about but it never hurt to make it more official.

I wish you luck in finding a new job quickly where you can be meparnes your family with dignity and kavod with Hashem's help. Hang in there, brother!

~ NOYA

Re: sci1977 journey 01 Mar 2010 22:21 #55824

• humanbeing
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I've been watching your tremendous (true) success on overcoming so much to live a deeper truer and kinder life. I'm also saddened to hear about your disappointment in your financial life....One of the eternal secrest of hasehm is how we get our Parnossoh...may you have open and revealed blessing of Hasehm in this are...Poshut lots of money...Li Hakesef V'li hzahav amar Hashem!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 02 Mar 2010 20:32 #55974

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
humanbeing wrote on 01 Mar 2010 22:21:

Li Hakesef V'li hzahav amar Hashem!!!

HB, it is so true what you quoted, "'Mine is the silver and Mine is the Gold,' says Hashem!"

It's very hard to look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you're just going thru the motions and Hashem is the One pulling the strings.

Sci, KEEP PRAYING, as we all are for you and your family. The more we realize that Hashem is the True Source of our livelihood, the sooner we will receive His blessing of Parnose. He loves us so much, when He sees that we TRUST in Him and rely on Him alone, He can not ignore our needs.

Please keep us "posted," and please avoid depression and anger at all costs, as tough as it is!! Remember, we are ALL here for you!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: sci1977 journey 02 Mar 2010 22:18 #55983

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Still alive.  will update more later.  Been a bad day.  Still clean and sober though. 

Re: sci1977 journey 02 Mar 2010 22:49 #55992

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
And that, depsite how bad today was, is a perfect example of how you're a beautiful, holy person.

Re: sci1977 journey 03 Mar 2010 13:58 #56078

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Feeling your pain..... Not knowing "what's next" is one of the hardest things for a human to handle...

But hold on to G-d, Sci. Life is a roller-coaster, but G-d is your body harness. Stay strapped in and no matter what the roller-coaster does, you'll be safe. Scream at the top of your lungs if you have to, but enjoy the ride just the same! After all, you're strapped in tight. Put your complete trust in the designers of the ride. They made it safe. They made it for your benefit. And you'll come out with a smile   
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes