Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57290 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Feb 2010 19:50 #53643

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
SCI!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Feb 2010 20:11 #53649

• bardichev
M
A
B
B
;D

Re: sci1977 journey 16 Feb 2010 21:02 #53659

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 16 Feb 2010 17:58:

Mishenichnas Adad Bamba B'simcha? :D :D :D
Yes sb i have the same question. :-\ :-\

And OL im not sure i can keep tp those conditions, but ill try.

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 14:31 #53810

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 90 of being clean and sober.  (Another day for MM.)  Thank you G-d, thank you G-d, thank you G-d.  How do you even come close to understanding that is momentous  but still so small of an accomplishment at the same time.  My gratitude is immense and I will forever remember these 90 days probably more then any 90 days of my life.  Because it is where I found living.  I feel like a four year old that just got to open up his biggest box birthday present.  The only difference is instead of getting a toy or a video game I received something better, life.  Life was in a huge box with a big bow.  My attitude has been always to stay positive.  I have laughed, I have cried, I have been forthcoming with my deepest most honest feelings.

So a few things I want to make sure I mention because if I don’t as a human I will kick myself.  Be true to oneself and honest to yourself in your recovery process.  Think of everyday as day 1.  I have counted but I feel like the count really doesn’t matter.  It’s how you live that counts.  Live the change you want to make.  Be true to your friends.  Don’t forget them in death, MM I miss you, cause if you forget them you forget your past.  It’s not that we need to forget our past.  Remembering who I was is certainly a great reminder to continue on this journey.  I was an angry little man.  A small admission that really needs to be said on this day.  I am far from where I need to be but I am not where I was.  One day at a time with courage and determination. On a long trip you can find yourself. 

I look at where I need to go and I know I am so far away.  G-d give me the power to be powerless the rest of my life.  This voyage is for the rest of my life.  I will continue to lean on pillars of strength G-d and my wife.  I look to them for guidance in good and bad.  If you look at the addiction like an allergy it helps.

The one word I would use to describe the last 90 days is, work.  You have to work on yourself to get somewhere.  That’s right work on yourself.  Introspection of one self is the best and most positive thing you can do.  You can find out what makes you tick as a person.  I’ve had ups and downs but have noticed that when you pace yourself instead of trying to hard is when I found huge changes for me happened.  It’s when I really noticed it’s a long journey.  I am not just sprinting to get to then end of that day.  It’s an introspection that made me understand you can’t get far internally without thinking with a calm, cool, and collected head.  Life is life and everyday I need to remember that. 

A positive attitude is a must.  Without it, I know I would not have made it this long.  I have tried to figure out how to write an outline of what worked for me. But instead of formally writing it I am going to make bullet points.
Tell your story
Thank G-d for everything and understand he is everything.
Be positive about your life but more importantly yourself.
Say good bye to your past but don’t forget the past.
Say hello to living and live the change you are trying to make
Love your self
Love your family especially your spouse.
Be honest and work on yourself.
Rely on friends or family when things get tough.
Find outlets of relaxation, for me its sports.

Lastly before I close completely I want to thank these people for sure.  I have compiled a list over the last 90 days on the two threads who have responded or wrote something.  Thank you to all for you have given me something both as individuals and as a team member can give. 

Eye.nonomous, silent battle, Imtrying25, Momo, Noya, Guard, Kedusha, Bards, 7up, Kollel guy, rage atm, Aryehtahor, human being, Ano nymous, Tomim2b, Me3, Habaletaher, Loi-misyaeish, Steve, one life, G38, think good, Struggla21, Yiddle2, Sturggle, Shlomo, Shmilu, Wewillnotbeforsaken,

(MM,  A huge inspiration to finish this 90 days has been for you.  I hope to one day be eulogized like you were.)

Oy vey, G-d get me through this without so many tears.  My wonderful beautiful wife.  You and you alone were the one to put me on this path.  Words can do this no justice.  I hope you feel I have worked hard and really understand that I am not here without you.  This could have been our end and instead we turned it into a positve.  Honestly, not easy but we have.  Our road is I know still bumpy.  You are my sun and more important you are my muse.  With every ounce of my being, thank you.

I am eternally grateful to be where I am, on a good and moral journey.  Thank you G-d and thank you my excellent wife and GYE.

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 15:57 #53826

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Huge hug, my friend. Mazal tov!

You're still on the path, and the road to continued happiness goes on forever - but you've already traveled a wonderful distance on it!

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 16:03 #53833

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 17 Feb 2010 15:57:

Huge hug, my friend. Mazal tov!

You're still on the path, and the road to continued happiness goes on forever - but you've already traveled a wonderful distance on it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I have traveled some, but lot's more travel to go.  Now I guess we have to figure this cake thing out?

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 16:58 #53842

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal Tov sci,

Youve done great things and you should realize the potential you have to do even greater things. Be happy but not completely satisfied. Push yourself the extra yard to do more because you know you can.

May you be Zoche to continue this for the rest of your lifetime!

-Yiddle

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 19:32 #53876

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Mazal Tov, Mazal Tov! This is so beautiful - it will make a great Chizuk e-mail today - and hopefully inspire others to follow in your path. May you always continue to keep coming closer to Hashem each day!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 20:30 #53889

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
To my dearest and holiest brother Sci,

Mazel tov mazel tov!!! My beracha to you is, may this only be the beginning of many great things to come! May Hashem see your all the sacrifice and self improvement youve done, and may He repay you in full!!

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank you for all that youve done for me. I can honestly say that for all of us who have read your posts religously, that we have gained so much from all you have shared with us. Thanks for taking us with you on this journey to 90 and teaching us so much. I can finally say to someone who i have never met, that i truely love and admire you. I love you for all that you have taught me and all the constant chizuk you have thrown my way. Words casn not suffice for the feelings i have right now. But once again Thank you!!

Your ( not so ) secret admirer,

IT25

P.S. Check out the chart. Youll get some nachas.    

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 20:35 #53894

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
SCI, achi! I teared up as I read your 90 day announcement. How special! How amazing! Wow, you just made Hakadosh Baruch Hu smile so wide, and you just invited Him into your life for real. Congratulations on this truly momentous occasion!

Love,

NOYA

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 21:04 #53907

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle, yiddle2, guard, imtrying25, noya, Thank you!!

I want to say this is not the end of either one of my threads.  I plan to continue to write.  I also want to say one other thing. I need to add a line above and say, everyone can do the 90 days. 

IT25, I need to also add a special thank you.  I read all of the responses and felt really good.  I was in almost tears.  I read yours and had to get up and close the door to my office.  I started to cry like a baby. 

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 21:53 #53936

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Dear Sci,

Mazal Tov on reaching this amazing goal, the first of many more, and especially for the way in which you did it: Through GIVING - giving of yourself to all of us, of your Love, Inspiration, Dedication, Warmth, Humor, and unbelievable Personal Integrity and Honesty. You have been for me a beacon in a very stormy sea. Just like I have to review the Big Book and take new notes of my impressions, I know I have to do the same with your journey. If I could have half of your courage, I could turn my life around. NAY, I AM DETERMINED TO EMULATE YOUR COURAGE IN MY OWN WAY, and thanx to you, with Hashem's help, I WILL turn my life around.

If there is any way to convey this, please let your wife know from me that she is a very, VERY wise woman for picking you as her partner in life. May Hashem bless you both and your family with long and healthy lives, beautiful Shalom Bayis, and may your home increase in true Simchas HaChaim, "ad bli dei," without end.

Sci, my Most-Holy Brother, thank you for everything that you have done for me and for all of us here at GYE. May we all continue to grow together, and, very soon, we will all have a dedicated GYE circle to dance together in the new Beis Hamikdosh. I look forward to the day when I can hug and dance with you!

See you tomorrow on Day 91!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: sci1977 journey 17 Feb 2010 23:15 #53969

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read todays chizuk email. Mazel Tov sci on 90!!!!! Amazing!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Re: sci1977 journey 18 Feb 2010 02:54 #53983

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
IT25 is right - today is a particularly good day for me to think about how much you've helped me grow, and how much you've been there for me.

Words alone cannot express my thanks to you.

Re: sci1977 journey 18 Feb 2010 12:17 #54024

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 18 Feb 2010 02:54:

IT25 is right - today is a particularly good day for me to think about how much you've helped me grow, and how much you've been there for me.

Words alone cannot express my thanks to you.
Dont you know by now IT25 is always right?!?!? > > >        :D :D :D :D    : : : :  : : : :

Hay sci, whats going on??
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes