Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57295 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 09 Feb 2010 20:15 #52255

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Got you beat. i gained 50 pounds in 8 years!!  :o

It helps tho when i lose my balance. When I fall down, I aim stomach first, so i'll bounce right back up.

OK, it wasn't funny at Sea World when they announced the orca's entrance and the MC pointed to me. But i figured it was the white shirt and black suit that threw him off, not my big, eh... "tail."

But since everyone expects rolley people to be jolly, I get free charisma. So it's not all bad. 
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 09 Feb 2010 21:29 #52291

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am working on a sci1977 project for my journey.  I came to understand something today greater then us all.  I should have it finished tonight.

Steve, you are amazing!!!! 

As for the weight thing, I gained 42 pounds since I met my wife 8 years ago!! 

Re: sci1977 journey 09 Feb 2010 22:35 #52309

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Sci, that is scary.

we are too much alike.

Because if you are me,

and i am you,

who's gonna take out the garbage to the curb tonite?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: sci1977 journey 09 Feb 2010 22:39 #52313

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
and im on the seefood diet!!

And steve YOU always take out the trash!! HAVENT YOU LEARNED THAT YET?? How long does it take?

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 01:14 #52351

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
i owe steve to take out the garbage tonight.  Tomorrow its IT25 turn.

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 02:54 #52358

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 82 of being clean and sober.  G-d is great and almighty.  He gives us the best human emotion possible, forgiveness.  I’ve been thinking all day about this and I realized that I am not where I am with my wife unless forgiveness was something G-d had given us.  Forgiveness is maybe the hardest of all the emotions we have.  We make mistakes as humans and we all do it.  I am certainly a huge offender of making mistakes.  G-d leads me on a journey that needs selflessness and forgiveness is a huge undertaken in being selfless.  I truly believe that my forgiveness is not a inner trait but instead a G-d given gift.  

I am trying be as positive as possible and to be as honest and true.  I am in G-d’s arms and hands.  He is the reason for good days and bad and is really here for us to make our choices to stay on the right road or path.  No slips or falls non needed or wanted.

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-DS HELP!!
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2010 14:51 by .

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 06:19 #52385

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
My friend, this is a journey worth taking. And i'm glad to be along for the ride.

On a serious note, I am really amazed at how much personal growth i am getting by being inspired by your posts, along with everyone else's, of course. Thanx for being you, and sharing like you do!

OK, serious part's over. See, I told you I could make short posts....

BTW, trash is already by the curb. We're gonna set up our lawn chairs on top of the snow, and watch to see what happens to all those cans and hoppers when the snow plows come barreling down. Don't wanna take a chance and miss that. I can imagine garbage bags flying all over the place. Hmm... maybe we should take pics while the snow is still white. i'm just thankful that we no longer have kids in diapers. oh, wait... The neighbors upwind from us do... Oh, Dang-Nab-It!

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 08:44 #52420

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Sci,

81 days is an accomplishment worth celebrating with a double shot of the woody, and BTW it seems that with you at 81 days and Steve at 58,

BOTH OF YOU HAVE BEEN DUMPING THE TRASH AT THE CURB FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW!!!
KUTGW!!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 14:52 #52457

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
the last few days my count on here was wrong. I updated and edited the numbers to reflect the correct days.  today is 83.

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 15:52 #52466

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Incredible, Sci, both at your count, and your insight...

Keep on trucking!

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 16:13 #52473

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 83 of being clean and sober.  I started this thought process yesterday and it has continued to today.  First off, I did my normal routine this morning and am having a beautiful day.  It is a great day G-d has granted me to live.  I look at my life and ponder, what was I thinking?  I look at my life now and I realize I was holding onto something that was not necessary.  It was a complete and total waste of time.  I look at where I am now and I am not proud.  I am living positively, like G-d created us to be.  Do we do things we are not supposed?  Of course, that is why we are human.  However, it’s how we react to what we do wrong that leads us to be better people.  I am an addict.  I am a person that is seeking to be better.  Does it take time and honest introspection, certainly.  But most importantly it take something we all are doing here. 

It takes teamwork.  It takes as sailors say, Heave Ho.  They pull together for a greater good.  I can say I am doing good or I can say, I am this or that.  And yes we do have to work on ourselves internally.  But we are here in a group working on ourselves.  Maybe someone says something that leads us to discover something else regarding ourselves.  Our entire being is in need of something greater then just self.  We all here every time we post we are doing something greater then ourselves.  We are lead to the act of selflessness.  I equate us to a team.  Everyone on a team, is needed for it to succeed.  However, in this case individual success leads and inspires other to keep going on there journey.  I am inspired on by an incredible team.  Every team has jokers, every team has strong players and weaker ones.  If we look at this as a team that has individual success that leads to team success is very important.  I feel I am part of a team.  I know if I read eye’s thread and he keeps counting, his personal success leads me to be inspired more.  So the team is better off if we all work and pull for each other.  I understand that we can’t post in everyone’s thread but if work and help out people by writing in our own honestly we will get far.  Some of us are better at getting around, SB and IT25 I notice always are posting in lots of threads.  Our own threads are the most important or should be most important to us as far as our growth.  I am strong believer to keep going back and read your own thread.  It shows you and teaches yourself about you.  Our growth is just like a plants growth, without water it will not live.  Without others here to help, we would be that plant.

G-d leads us on this path.  I would be remiss if I did not say it so, a positive outlook helps a lot.  We all have good and bad.  I look at it that the good is good and the bad needs to be changed positively.  I will not let my addiction run my life.  G-d and I are in charge of my brain.  I think we are doing pretty well so far without having what I used to have.  In fact I am better.  I have a deeper relationship with G-d, my wife, my kids, friends, family and most important my relationship with myself is better.  A special note today I must add, my wife doesn’t know or maybe she does but I love her more and more each day.  (Had to put that in there.)

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  Also, one other note for today, thank you on GYE.  Anyone that has ever posted in a thread of mine or answered me in someone elses thread.  You make GYE special to me!!

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 16:44 #52488

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And you've made GYE special for so many. By posting on our threads, and by posting such incredible wisdom on your own.

I'm planning on setting aside time and re-reading my thread from the beginning. Thank you for giving me the idea, I agree that it will be very helpful!

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 21:12 #52568

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
wow, what a post Sci1977! That will have to be edited for a Chizuk e-mail one of these days!

Thanks for being here. You are bringing a lot of light into the dark rooms of our hearts!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 21:21 #52575

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 10 Feb 2010 21:12:

wow, what a post Sci1977! That will have to be edited for a Chizuk e-mail one of these days!

Thanks for being here. You are bringing a lot of light into the dark rooms of our hearts!

Thanks Guard!!! 

Re: sci1977 journey 10 Feb 2010 21:28 #52580

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Sci, i thought after all these years you wouldnt take a jab at me like that!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes