Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57292 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Jan 2010 19:46 #48658

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
we can write in other threads but our own feelings in our own threads is where we actually give the most.  If we are working on being selfless, then writing in our own thread could be the most selfless thing we all do especially if it helps so many.
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 26 Jan 2010 22:54 #48704

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said. You always make me stop, think, and re-evaluate. A good thing!

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 01:31 #48727

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 26 Jan 2010 22:54:

Well said. You always make me stop, think, and re-evaluate. A good thing!

That's funny.  The same thing happens to me when you write something.  Great way to put it. 

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 01:52 #48732

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 12:42 #48782

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Sci, you are so inspiring!

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 15:23 #48834

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 69 of being clean and sober.  I am having a pretty good day today.  (Another day for MM)  I must admit the morning routine is a great thing.  To talk to G-d before you even really wake up in the morning is a fantastic  experience.  Not to much to update on me other then I am trying to keep it simple.  Work at this a little bit at a time and not let it really overwhelm me.  Staying within the boundaries of being a good person is something that I am very conscious of.  My wife as always astonishes me with her constant help and devotion to us.  Thank you G-d for the person you put at my side. 

90 days seems like an insurmountable task to some and it is to most due to the nature of the problem we share.  We are addicts.  I think if we were to realize that 90 days is a stepping stone on the way to stay clean and understand our mistakes of the past, addicts would do a lot better then just looking at it as 90 days.  Each piece of the stone that makes that step is small and each piece together make a large whole sum.  If we would look at it that way, in smaller amounts, like getting to hour 1 or day 1 and so on and so forth, I believe people would be more successful at this journey.

Thank you to all on GUE as everyday you give me much power to continue onward this amazing journey.  Thank you G-d for granting me another day to right the wrongs and remember where I came from and where I need to go.  Living clean is a lot better then living in shame.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 16:14 #48862

• bardichev
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

EN
EM
DUBIL
YOOO

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 16:20 #48865

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Bards - NMW?

We live life. One day at a time. And we keep doing that, as those days add up, and we become further and further away from those habits.

Re: sci1977 journey 27 Jan 2010 16:34 #48877

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 27 Jan 2010 16:20:

Bards - NMW?

We live life. One day at a time. And we keep doing that, as those days add up, and we become further and further away from those habits.

Living life as positive as possible is also a key. 

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 14:55 #49116

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 27 Jan 2010 15:23:

Thank you to all on GUE as everyday you give me much power to continue onward this amazing journey.  Thank you G-d for granting me another day to right the wrongs and remember where I came from and where I need to go. 

And thank you, too!

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 15:29 #49135

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 70 of being clean and sober.  It’s a little bit funny how I feel today, in a good way.  (Another day for MM.)  In all of the work I have done on myself and my marriage I sort of forgot how my life used to be.  It’s been awhile since I have been so angry I couldn’t see straight.  Now I try to take every moment and every situation as it comes.  I am very close with my father and the last few days he has been sort of short with me.  Not sure why and I have not asked him.  But in the past, I would have been pissed and not called him for a day or two to see if he cooled off whatever was bothering him.  Most of the time it is some outside force and actually has nothing to do with me.  But now, I keep calling him everyday and talk to him.  I don’t get even mad when he makes a comment or anything. 

I added something new to my routine this morning that I am very proud of.  I added when I am done to tell myself, I love you too.  Understanding that this feeling that G-d loves me and that I love myself is really good.,  I wanted to make sure I added that it’s OK to remind yourself that you love yourself.  On my way to work this morning I also talked to G-d about something that was bothering me.  I’ve been trying to give everything to G-d and have him help me make my decisions.  But I was really thinking this morning, am I really succeeding at this?  I think I am doing a decent job of it.  Once again thank you everyone at GUE, G-d and my wife and a hearty Mazel Tov to eye for making it to 90 days. 

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted. 

I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 16:23 #49149

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Very important - I think a lot of us probably have anger issues of some kind or another...it's wonderful when we start to move past that! And reminding ourselves that we love us...brilliance!

That's what everything we do is all about - truly taking care of ourselves!

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 16:50 #49167

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
For me it's all about just reminding myself to keep it slow and steady.  Since I have done that, things are more clear and I am more happy. 

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 16:53 #49170

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I guess when we take things slow, we have a chance to think, and be aware...which naturally leads to more clarity.

KOT!!

Re: sci1977 journey 28 Jan 2010 23:58 #49337

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
For me slow is good.  I KOT, trust me.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes