Welcome, Guest

sci1977 journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: sci1977 journey 57291 Views

Re: sci1977 journey 22 Jan 2010 07:41 #47723

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Sci!  How are you?

I hope you're doing well.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Have a Good Shabbos,

--Eye.
Last Edit: by .

Re: sci1977 journey 22 Jan 2010 22:34 #47854

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Still on the trip will be back fully Sunday.  Gppd Shabbos all and still clean and sober.  Really strong too.  Sunday I will give a big update.

Re: sci1977 journey 23 Jan 2010 23:50 #47887

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 22 Jan 2010 22:34:

Still on the trip will be back fully Sunday.  Gppd Shabbos all and still clean and sober.  Really strong too.  Sunday I will give a big update.
Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 01:33 #47901

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
All right! We're all looking forward to having you back!

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 13:05 #47994

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Shavua Tov Sci,

wherever you may be.

--Eye.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 17:59 #48078

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm back!!!!  Thank you all who looked forward to my return.  Business called very unexpectedly.  (In a great way.)  Still feeling good, clean and sober.  Missed the website more then you know but didn't have much of a chance to be on it.  All I have to say is sometimes you find inspiration where you least expect it.

Got to spend time with the family but will update a little later on.

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 22:30 #48126

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to have you back, and even greater that you've still got your priorities straight (family first)!

Glad that business was good!

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 22:33 #48131

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to hear that Reb Sci. Cant wait for the update!

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 23:43 #48163

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, so first off lots of days clean and sober still.  I had a business trip that I took the family on.  Business ended up being pretty good and ended up talking to someone on the trip that gave me tons of inspiration to continue on this journey.  My proved to me on this trip that she is alone in a stratosphere higher then anyone else in love me.  We had some stressful times on the trip and there she was to guide me through. 

I ended up talking to a couple on my trip about there daughter that is addicted to alcohol.  They ended up giving me more power to go on with the clean road.  Their daughter has been in and out of rehab now 5 times and is now starting to understand all she has done to everyone.  I told them I was so sorry to hear about this and afterwards I said just stay strong and believe in G-d and all should work out.  I realized after the fact of being with them, HELLO, isn’t that what we all need as addicts to be better individuals?  I know that I made up my mind from the beginning that in order to get healthy, I must be a better person.  I work very hard at it and sometimes do I feel like not being that way, sure, everyone does.  But I just remind myself the better of a person I am, the most likely I would not want to revert back to how I was.  It certainly is a balancing act, but one I am glad to be working on every single moment.  Put your trust and faith in G-d and all should come out good.  That’s my plan and I’m sticking to it.  No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.
I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!!

Re: sci1977 journey 24 Jan 2010 23:52 #48165

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Everytime i read your posts i get more and more amazed. Your attitude is unbelievable. i learn so much. And you show me how with the right look at things how everything can be so much better. Thanks sci and keep on rollin. Im so happy for you!

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Jan 2010 00:40 #48171

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Absolutely true. Another thing that's so great about you - you see the inspiration in so many different situations, and you share inspiration with so many others. And I feel luckier than ever to have a friend like you at my side.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Jan 2010 15:04 #48301

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 24 Jan 2010 23:43:

I know that I made up my mind from the beginning that in order to get healthy, I must be a better person.  I work very hard at it and sometimes do I feel like not being that way, sure, everyone does.  But I just remind myself the better of a person I am, the most likely I would not want to revert back to how I was.  It certainly is a balancing act, but one I am glad to be working on every single moment.  Put your trust and faith in G-d and all should come out good.  That’s my plan and I’m sticking to it. 

This attitude of yours really amazes me.  It shines through every one of your posts.  Very inspiring.

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Jan 2010 15:37 #48317

• sci1977
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 67 of being clean and sober.  I think I feel better today then I did the last few days.  Being away is nice but getting back to your surrounding and where you feel the most comfortable makes the journey easier in my opinion.  G-d helps me through the toughest of times and understanding that the faith I give to him to put me on the right path is starting to actual feel comfortable.  I have been sort of struggling with giving it all to G-d and all will be great.  But I know now I feel better about that.  I have been saying that is what I am doing along and finally feel that is exactly what I am doing.  I can’t imagine going anywhere anymore with out the help of G-d. 

I really also started to feel like if I  help one other person a day on any subject matter, that’s a good thing.  I am not rich with money, but I am rich with love for other people.  Help those around you with something very simple.  This morning my wife and I are having a problem with one of our sons.  I listened to my wife speak about it and felt afterwards that I listened to her so intently, I helped her by being a sounding board for her/our problem.  That made me feel like I had a did a great thing.   

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Jan 2010 15:45 #48322

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 25 Jan 2010 15:37:

Day 67 of being clean and sober.  I think I feel better today then I did the last few days.  Being away is nice but getting back to your surrounding and where you feel the most comfortable makes the journey easier in my opinion.  G-d helps me through the toughest of times and understanding that the faith I give to him to put me on the right path is starting to actual feel comfortable.  I have been sort of struggling with giving it all to G-d and all will be great.  But I know now I feel better about that.  I have been saying that is what I am doing along and finally feel that is exactly what I am doing.  I can’t imagine going anywhere anymore with out the help of G-d. 

I really also started to feel like if I  help one other person a day on any subject matter, that’s a good thing.  I am not rich with money, but I am rich with love for other people.  Help those around you with something very simple.  This morning my wife and I are having a problem with one of our sons.  I listened to my wife speak about it and felt afterwards that I listened to her so intently, I helped her by being a sounding board for her/our problem.  That made me feel like I had a did a great thing.     

No slips or falls, non needed or wanted.  I WILL WIN THE BATTLES AND THE WAR- WITH G-D’S HELP!!

Beautifull Sci,

I felt like you really opened up in this post. You spoke rght form the heart. And I could not agree more with your last statement: YOU WILL DO IT......WITH THE HELP OF HASHEM!! I am astonished yet not surprised by your vast mprovement throughout. Keep it.

-Yiddle

Re: sci1977 journey 25 Jan 2010 16:08 #48330

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
sci1977 wrote on 25 Jan 2010 15:37:

This morning my wife and I are having a problem with one of our sons.  I listened to my wife speak about it and felt afterwards that I listened to her so intently, I helped her by being a sounding board for her/our problem.  That made me feel like I had a did a great thing.     

you did made a great thing.  i can feel your happiness in your heart,
by beeing a sounding board to your wife, you definitely give her a lot of power and increase her love for you.

what you need more that that??

i very like your approach, that is like yossef hazzadik that G-g always was in his words, its like you.
you gonna do that, we are with you.

BEHAZLAHA MY FRIEND.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes