Welcome, Guest

Still Raging Against The Machine
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Still Raging Against The Machine 28532 Views

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 17 Mar 2010 23:47 #58734

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Rage ATM wrote on 17 Mar 2010 23:13:

am i getting closer?

Na, you don't know dovish. I think your first post was good too. After all, you wrote "we are given the power to change". Not that we HAVE it 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 18 Mar 2010 01:45 #58749

• Dov
  • Administrator
Briut wrote on 17 Mar 2010 03:36:

Sometimes I plant little seeds of things around my life, so that if I find myself in a dark or hungry place I'll ALWAYS have a safe place to go with a little burried treasure and a siman that the world is still here to take care of me. I think I want to plant these words so that next time the Y'H tries to have a little "fun" at my expense, I'll know just where to go for reinforcement.

Briut, this was very deep, to me. We should all have these seedlings. My comforting seedling was lust for way, way, too long...yours sound a lot healthier. We all need nechama and menucha. Thanks.

Rage ATM wrote on 17 Mar 2010 23:13:

dov wrote on 17 Mar 2010 02:46:

Thanks for that,

"thanks for that" is dovish for "wtf are you talking about" and then i realized why:

Rage, you make me laugh so hard (that I won't say what happens)! And iut loud! Thanks. You know, it's only you and bards who do that to me. Even though you still seem like 'bipolar opposites' to me. Ha.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 18 Mar 2010 15:29 #58838

• bardichev
Rage now I gotta make u laff

Laff in the face of th YH yupp he gave up his position he was lurking in the shadows but when he came up from the bowels of the abyss
He just uncovered himself

Laff at him

He is a desperate loser

B

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 18 Mar 2010 21:41 #58877

• bardichev
That's right

The YH. Is the SQUEEGEE-MAN!!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 19 Mar 2010 00:20 #58907

• Dov
  • Administrator
How about that! And all along, I thought the squeegee-man was my friend!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 19 Mar 2010 00:33 #58912

• bardichev
Mayih Rudy

Used to 'splain it in plain NEWYAWK english

If you get the sqeeegee man off the street then there are no trouble makers to sell crack to
So the Moideh rates drop the city becomes a nice place to visit and the price of Yankees tickets go up(unless your governor and get Em for free)

Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010 14:08 by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 21 Mar 2010 08:24 #59058

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
He leaves your car dirtier than when you drove up, you find yourself a lot poorer than when you got in, and you feel abused, cheapened and violated as you drive away, YUP I'll agree with Bards assessment of the YH being the squegee man!!

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 21 Mar 2010 13:14 #59076

• Dov
  • Administrator
Just say "no" to SQUEEGEE!

Actually, saying "no" is for dummies. We need to just keep on trucking - if necessary, right over him.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 24 Mar 2010 05:07 #59500

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
The !OnJump
:D
Last Edit: 24 Mar 2010 05:11 by .

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 25 Mar 2010 08:30 #59603

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
That it just makes no difference to try

Funny, just yesterday we had a daily dose of dov in the chizuk e-mail that said the same thing. And I quote: "I can share with you that there are times when our "trying" is just not enough, no matter how you slice it."

Instead, he suggests "Trusting harder" instead of "Trying harder"  :D ...Check it out... It's a beautiful peice from Dov. (Like every day  )

I also just want to throw in my 2 cents. We all know that success is not in our hands. Trying is though. Who said G-d wants you to succeed to have long streaks? Maybe he wants to see if you'll keep trying in spite of losing it every once in a while? Our business is only the NOW.... And the "trying" does add up. When we're ready, and only G-d knows that, we'll look back and find that the days we managed to stayed clean added up to a clean streak of 10 years! But for now, there's no looking back, nor looking forward. How are you doing right now? That's all Hashem wants to know  :D

Oh, and one last thing. The handbook suggests progressively more intense tools, if what we've been trying till now hasn't worked. So you've tried the forum... what's next to try? After all, we gotta heal from this disease before it kills us. If Tylenol is not helping, maybe we need anti-biotics... maybe even chemo. Are you willing to give it your all and fulfill what you came down to this world to do? It's only 120 years here, and it's eternity there. Eternity is, like, forever. you know... 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 13 Apr 2015 02:32 #252164

• cordnoy
Cry2Tatty wrote:
so thats pretty much the deal...i showed up here one day by accident and saw something weird...here were all these jews that where putting up a genuine resistance to the evil empire that is lust...in all my wanderings ive seen some crazy crap but something like this? not at all...i saw two dozen frum  blogs but alas, they too were contaminated by the lust assult..poor figures...nothing more than drones following the creed that larry flynt recieved himself on Mount Sinai...disguised as frum sites but nothing of the sort, really....did i find any voices that said, "look, this sh** aint right..."...probably but a quick peruse through and i discovered that they were either out of touch with reality or just plain silly...and then i bumped into this site...and here was real and GENUINE and honest solutions....so i came...i looked around...marveled at all the flakes that took up residency here....

well, im now on at least 20 days of no pr0n and no bating...which is a miracle...its been years and years before i came here that i wasnt able to pull 5 days together and many many months where i stopped even trying....i dont know what happened but the group support and the genuineness of the good folks here and hearing their experiences and lo and behold i am a changed man...

the changes were not only in me but perhaps even greater in the people around me...no longer driven by lust i saw people (WIFE) in a new light and the changes in the way we relate to each other was quick and vast....this is perhaps what i owe GYE the most for....

i dont take myself too seriously and i hope you dont either....

what a way to start a thread!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Still Raging Against The Machine 10 Jan 2016 03:32 #273794

• cordnoy
Steve wrote:
Rage-baby and Mo-Man,

You guys can be SO STRONG!!

(ok, ok, be modest, I know that odor isn't everything...)

Take it from ol' pickle-face, here... remember the YH is trying to trip you up so that you'll give up your resolve.... DON'T GIVE IN TO HIM!!

KAVEI EL HASHEM!! - first trust Him and ask Him to give you the strength to fight your battle. you are NOT ALONE!!!

Then, Chazak V'Ameitz Leibecha - strengthen yourself, and fortify your own heart - this is your hishtadlus, YOUR part. THE SUCCESS IS NOT IN YOUR HANDS. ONLY THE FIGHT IS!

Then, V'Kavei El Hashem - wait, didn't I do that already? - NO!!! This second time is AFTER my hishtadlus, I add on MORE trust in Hashem - on TWO fronts:

One, To actually make my fight successful!!
Two, AGAIN to ask for more strength to fight, not to rest on my laurels.

I think a BIG thing to do is each night, before going to bed, is to make an accounting of the whole day, on a positive note, and THANK HASHEM FOR ANY LITTLE SUCCESS, NO MATTER HOW SHORT LIVED. Don't go to bed depressed, rather happy with the fight and the successes you had. Focusing on the positive makes it easier to repeat it the next day, and to add to it.

Hang in there, my friends!!

A good vort that will be useful many times durin' the day.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes