Welcome, Guest

My Story, the second first day
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Story, the second first day 30721 Views

Re: My Story, the second first day 13 Jan 2010 07:24 #45196

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 11 Jan 2010 15:14:

If it helps, whenever you pass her, think of me and haba walking next to you, kevlar trenchcoats and tefillin, always there to support you and be your bodyguards...

And it's true - we're always here for you, and we're davening for your continued success!

Think of it as being dramatic, because it IS dramatic! And your success is amazing!

Silent Battle, THANKS FOR KEEPING THE KEVLAR TRENCHCOATS AND TEFILLIN ALIVE!!! THAT WAS TOO GOOD OF A VISUAL TO LOSE IN ONE POST, SO HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT!!!

I can just see it, it's dark outside, it's a seedy part of town, filled with shmutz shops, drug dealers, alkies walking around with anonymous bottles in paper bags... Suddenly a wind picks up.... even the alkies sense something is coming, and start shuffling to their stoops... Then they turn the corner... three guys, dressed in leather trenchcoats, motorcycle boots, strong shades (we can't be staring..), massive RPG connected to our right arms, and tefillin to our left arms, walking down the street in slow motion, pausing just long enough to smoke every shmutzy shop on the way... and just before the credits roll, we come stridng out of a wall of fire, walking slowly and deliberately, under a big sign that says I-90 ENTRANCE here....

KG, I like your visual, but it is a bit of a difficult one to keep on the forefront of your mind... do you use it?
Last Edit: by .

Re: My Story, the second first day 13 Jan 2010 08:11 #45215

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I usually don't have to, but occaisonally - yes. And boy does it work. They knew what they were talking about. I'll pm you the details of what I mean.
And btw, you don't keep it on the forefront of your mind. That sort of defeats the purpose. You try not to let thoughts of women into your mind at all, because the best thing is to avoid the situation of struggling with a taava in the first place. It's only when your already in it that you have to go to these measures. I don't even know if it would keep working if someone were to use it too frequently.
Chazal say you must avoid streets and places which "women roll up their sleeves to do laundry". Kol shekein a really shmutzy place - like a pizza store in flatbush  :D
It's meant for those rare situations in which your forced to deal with battling the taava head on.

Re: My Story, the second first day 13 Jan 2010 23:20 #45517

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OneLife wrote on 13 Jan 2010 05:59:

thanks imtrying, yaa i'm sill clean.
suddenly i'm happy, i work better, with my wife everything is better too,
suddenly i have just ONELIFE and not duble life.

may hashem be with us.

That is GREAT! I'm sorry, I always assumed that "onelife" referred to the fact that we've only got one, as opposed to the idea of living one life, instead of one public and one hidden...

I like! ;D

Re: My Story, the second first day 14 Jan 2010 09:00 #45600

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
silent - onelife has is two meanings.  

deep, yaa??

i made a little thinking before i decided my name.  
Last Edit: 14 Jan 2010 09:03 by .

Re: My Story, the second first day 14 Jan 2010 11:58 #45616

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, a lot of people don't. They are just crazy depressed 'cause they just fell, and are desperately looking for someone/something/somehow/somewhere that can help them, and they make their sn in that mood. That's why there are so many "NeedHelpDesperately"s.

Re: My Story, the second first day 14 Jan 2010 13:53 #45634

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
dear KG,
i see two better things about you (if i can...)
1. improvement in your mood. i see more happiness in your posts.
2. as a result of 1, you changed your picture which is more more optimisic now. the last was really depress one.

in such way and your big deep zaddikut you gonna hit the 90 very soon.

Re: My Story, the second first day 14 Jan 2010 14:47 #45662

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Isn't it interesting how I get more chizuk from other people's threads than my own?

Re: My Story, the second first day 14 Jan 2010 15:06 #45673

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
KG
no matter, where have you got the chizzuk from, the fact is that you got it.

KUTGW gever!
we all at the same boat.

Re: My Story, the second first day 16 Jan 2010 21:21 #46095

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
shavua tov!
33 days clean.
new shvua starts , hope to be at the same position just with more 7 day clean the next week.

behazlacha for all of us.
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2010 21:26 by .

Re: My Story, the second first day 16 Jan 2010 22:10 #46098

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
hope to be at the same position just with more 7 day clean the next week.
AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN AMEIN
But I want you to be even stronger and more advanced in your recovery than where you are today.

Re: My Story, the second first day 17 Jan 2010 01:18 #46140

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Love the two meanings, Onelife, and I'm sure that the depth in them reflects the depth of who you are as a person.

Thanks again for your post about your success, with me and Haba next to you - you should post that here, too, so all your followers can gain from it - and remember that we're always beside you, your constant support bodyguards!

Good to see you on Sci's thread, too - it's incredible to watch him grow, and his posts are always so full of growth and self-awareness, it astonishes me! He inspires me on a daily basis.

Re: My Story, the second first day 17 Jan 2010 09:10 #46193

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey OneL

I love the meaning of your name!! Wow that resonates with me so strongly!!!

I'm also super happy that you had success in the elevator the other day, every victory makes you more used to winning!

KUTGW!!!

Re: My Story, the second first day 17 Jan 2010 11:24 #46210

• onelife
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you, HABA.

something happend to me today.
i had a meeting at 10 AM.
we were 30 men and women around very big table, and one woman which her clothes weren't  znu'eem at all came and sat near me on my right.  she sat between me and the screen which a presentation was presented on it.

now i should whatch the screen for a hour and my eyes should bypass her body all the time.
it was very difficult. because it was for a hour! that she sat near me with her (or without???) clothes.. :D :D.
i fell  just one time in a very short second look ... 

for a whole hour i search a convenient position to my head.  :D :D without look on her body.

now i have a big neck ache.  > > >

Re: My Story, the second first day 17 Jan 2010 13:29 #46232

• kollel guy
  • Platinum Boarder
Remember, that neck-ache will carry you a lot further than many of the mitzvos you have ever done.
Remember the "Yossele The Miser" - Carlebach story? Well, shortly after the community realized what had really been happening all the years, they wanted to erase his matzeiva and give him a new one. The night after the decision, he came to the Rav in a dream and said "Please don't touch it!! It's my pass through all the doors in shomayim ".
There's nothing that shines more than showing what we're willing to endure to Guard H-shems Torah....

Rock on!!!
KG

Re: My Story, the second first day 18 Jan 2010 06:04 #46462

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey ONeLIFe!!!

We got to rename you Yosef Hatzaddik!! I don't know how you did it!! KUPTGW man!

We need to invent a pair of glasses called invizonah glasses that as long as your wearing them, that kind of stuff just doesn't show up!!!

WOW! I tip my hat to you!!!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes