Welcome, Guest

Tikun Haklali & Mikva
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 6204 Views

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 25 Dec 2016 05:25 #301039

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
cordnoy wrote on 23 Dec 2016 18:22:

Shlomo24 wrote on 23 Dec 2016 16:39:
I know that I used to think that spirituality was a feeling. I got a clean feeling from going to the mik and I thought that I felt holy. I don't believe that one can feel holiness or spirituality. Maybe a kabbalist but not me. If I blindfolded someone and put his nose an inch from the kosel he wouldn't be able to tell. So when people claim they feel spiritual I get kinda nervous.

II have argued this exact point many times.

However, I must say that it is perhaps due to my low level. I'd assume that the higher one climbs, the more he can "feel" things at different times and locations.

May we all be zoche.

Amen.

I also think that, the closer you get to Hashem, the more you'll feel the "spirituality", which I believe is just a greater concretising of Hashem's will. That you can feel the effect mitzvos do. And the blemish that aveiros do. I'm still numb to all of it. So I have to practice recovery first. Be a good husband, not live a double life. Things even the goyim consider bad. Even they can see the effects. 

r' Noah Weinberg in his 49 ways, on Aish, also describes this false spirituality. When someone told him he went to Israel and didn't feel anything, so he responded:
"What did you expect? Angels to fly out of the alleyways and accompany you to the Kosel with trumpets!?"
What is spirituality?

Mikveh, Tumah is a metzius. A woman is no less a woman if she is in Niddah. Just some practical ramifications, such as not eating Kodshim. But does it change her? NO! 

And Dov writes this, too. I don't remember which article. But he describes a person who used Mikvah and Knasim ONLY... and he describes that he STILL only uses Mikveh and Knasim.... While sinking lower and lower into the depths of sin.

Because he's not actually working on HIMSELF. Please. PLEASE do not get sucked up in that illusion. For your (future?) family's sake!!
I know I did. It's a dirty feeling. No matter how many mikvehs you visit.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 25 Dec 2016 12:24 #301051

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Singularity wrote on 25 Dec 2016 05:25:
Because he's not actually working on HIMSELF. Please. PLEASE do not get sucked up in that illusion. For your (future?) family's sake!!
I know I did. It's a dirty feeling. No matter how many mikvehs you visit.

Thank you i couldn't put that into words but that is exactly the way i felt about this
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes