Welcome, Guest

Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey 1520 Views

Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey 18 Jul 2016 22:05 #292208

• aspiringjew
  • Junior Boarder
Well this is day one. It really doesn't matter how many times I have fallen before. Today is a different day.
I tell myself this so that I stop assuming that, just like all of the previous times that i have "started anew" only to discover that I didn't --- this time is different.
Its the journey of 1000000 miles that begins with a single step. Tomorrow I'll take another. The day after another. until I get to the end.
Like every real goal in life we divide it into sub-goals. every day there is a sub-goal to fulfill which ultimately leads to the completion of the goal.
I have today. I plan to give today to HaShem.
Tomorrow I'll wake up and say "today I have to give today to HaShem". "Only today", I'll tell myself.
In any case that's my mantra. Today is different and I only have to work on today!

Re: Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey 18 Jul 2016 22:19 #292212

• cordnoy
So, what will you be doing today?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey 19 Jul 2016 15:19 #292242

• aspiringjew
  • Junior Boarder
On to today! It's still quite "mid-day" on this day. I (unfortunately) have been at work at the computer most of the day.
Started the day well. Said to myself to start the day "Today! Today is different than yesterday! I only have to make it today".
Had some temptations. Stopped. Reviewed my desire to STOP being in the same pattern of lusting.
B"H so far so good.
I'll let you know how things progress later during the day

Re: Aspiring to kedusha--- let's record the journey 19 Jul 2016 17:26 #292261

• avimeow
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I just started this and another form of therapy after I came to this realization . Instead of thinking how bad I am for accessing inappropriate material sometimes. I started saying I am really a good person that wants to do  the right thing rather we sometimes have difficulties and that's why we are on this world to work on it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes