Welcome, Guest

hopefully my best streak yet
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hopefully my best streak yet 5297 Views

Re: hopefully my best streak yet 12 May 2016 17:22 #287635

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
Thanks gye1962, I am trying to follow similar advice myself, although with the computer, (I don't have a video game system).  I am working my way to living more simple -- that reminds me that I want to get a "kosher phone" and work my way out of being dependent on electronics as much as possible.

Re: hopefully my best streak yet 12 May 2016 19:25 #287645

• gye1962
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
I guarantee that wherever you want to go in life, video games wont get you there (unless you want to be programmer or something)

The only way to have a smart kosher phone in my opinion, is to restrict the app store and browser and delete all apps that have internet access, also restrict webpages to the white list mode, where only the ones you allow,are available. i think its called exceptions list or something. also delete any you tube or Facebook apps or similar.

Re: hopefully my best streak yet 13 May 2016 16:55 #287726

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
Right now, I have Convenant Eyes on my smart phone, but I want to get a "dumb" kosher phone.  Just voice and no text, games, internet, etc. I am planning to get one on Wednesday, when I get paid again.

Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes