Welcome, Guest

Could've been the 90th day
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Could've been the 90th day 4961 Views

Re: Could've been the 90th day 29 Jan 2016 17:54 #275972

• cordnoy
Except on the "G" thread.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Could've been the 90th day 31 Jan 2016 04:16 #276012

• m58yiw84niym
  • Current streak: 29 days
  • Expert Boarder
So Joerandom, looks like your thread got hijacked and completely derailed off topic. Congratulations!

But I'll try to get back on topic (if you guys don't mind ) and share my two cents (and yes, maybe I am being a bit generous with the value of my opinion):

While I personally also am hoping to hit the 90 day milestone soon (55 days, but who's counting? ), I need to keep reminding myself that the goal isn't to "hit a certain milestone", but rather to live a life of constant growth. So while that means that the journey doesn't 'end' at 90 days, that also means that each day that I remain clean, each time that I want to act out but hold myself back, helps build me up and make me into a stronger person. While that might not mean that I'll never fall again (although I hope and pray to God that I don't and do everything in my power to prevent a fall), each day is it's own success and helps transform me (one small step at a time) into the person I'm trying to become.

Re: Could've been the 90th day 31 Jan 2016 05:04 #276016

Joerandom wrote on 28 Jan 2016 00:42:
Yes Baruch HaShem I think my yeshiva has been very helpful. In fact me and a chaver of mine were frustrated how taboo this topic was where we felt confident that so many kids were struggling but didn't feel confident enough to deal with it or were scared about allowing their struggle to be seen. So we have spoke to many of the rebbeim and Baruch HaShem the yeshiva is becoming more pro-active. In fact. As of last week there is a rebbe who is available for two hours to install netspark (idk if you have heard of it but supposedly is a new filter which is amazing) on anyone's phone and has even gotten a sponsor (it cost like 150 shekels a year) to sponsor kids for the first year.

One day at a time, and one Yid as well. We are all in this together and Maybe with the schism we can bring the geula (don't mind me I'm just getting very excited)

I'm very happy for you! If only I had a Rebbe or close friend to share these struggles with when I was a bochur perhaps I wouldn't have wasted some of my prime years of learning...
I'm curious, how did you and your chaver connect initially regarding this topic?
Feel free to email me at BenTorah.BaalHabayis@gmail.com

1 day may be too long for me, but I take it OWAAT = One wave at a time, cause the lust comes and goes like a wave which rises and crashes.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes