Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1 year diary 1373 Views

1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 18:01 #273983

• dp2
  • Fresh Boarder
so i reviewed my my diary since i started the 90 day chart log and basically i've fallen 12-13 times in past year. it seems average about 1 nce a month. Am I addict?

Re: 1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 18:08 #273987

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't mean this in any sort of challenging way, but what difference does it make either way? Is once a month acceptable to you? If not, is there something that you're not willing to do to improve unless you're an addict?

Of course, honesty really helps recovery so if you are it might be good to know, but recovery also helps recovery so classify yourself in the best way that will help you do as well as possible.

Re: 1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 18:18 #273992

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dp2 wrote:
so i reviewed my my diary since i started the 90 day chart log and basically i've fallen 12-13 times in past year. it seems average about 1 nce a month. Am I addict?

Addiction isn't necessary classified by the number of falls. It's compulsion and obsession that are the defining factors.
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com

Re: 1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 18:18 #273993

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
1. keep it up, as it seems you are doing some progress.

2. I looked up in Google the word Addict : a person who is addicted to a particular substance.

Does this help you? most probably not.

It may be that you are not a high level addict. but it still can be that you are an addict. as you do things that you REALLY don't want to do.
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: 1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 19:50 #273999

• cordnoy
Welcome
The white book has a section on explaining the addictive process.

B'hatzlachah in recovery....either way.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: 1 year diary 11 Jan 2016 21:58 #274015

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
These are the 20 questions of sexaholics anonymous:
  1. Have you ever thought you needed help for your sexual thinking or behavior?
  2. That you'd be better off if you didn't keep “giving in”?
  3. That sex or stimuli are controlling you?
  4. Have you ever tried to stop or limit doing what you felt was wrong in your sexual behavior?
  5. Do you resort to sex to escape, relieve anxiety, or because you can't cope?
  6. Do you feel guilt, remorse or depression afterward?
  7. Has your pursuit of sex become more compulsive?
  8. Does it interfere with relations with your spouse?
  9. Do you have to resort to images or memories during sex?
  10. Does an irresistible impulse arise when the other party makes the overtures or sex is offered?
  11. Do you keep going from one “relationship” or lover to another?
  12. Do you feel the “right relationship” would help you stop lusting, masturbating, or being so promiscuous?
  13. Do you have a destructive need—a desperate sexual or emotional need for someone?
  14. Does pursuit of sex make you careless for yourself or the welfare of your family or others?
  15. Has your effectiveness or concentration decreased as sex has become more compulsive?
  16. Do you lose time from work for it?
  17. Do you turn to a lower environment when pursuing sex?
  18. Do you want to get away from the sex partner as soon as possible after the act?
  19. Although your spouse is sexually compatible, do you still masturbate or have sex with others?
  20. Have you ever been arrested for a sex-related offense?
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2016 21:59 by shlomo24.

Re: 1 year diary 19 Jan 2016 01:02 #274807

• cordnoy
dp2 wrote:

I guess you didn't like any of the above responses.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes